Smallville 8x09 "Abyss" - Discuss/Grade <SPOILERS>

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by nx1701g, Nov 13, 2008.

?

Grade "Abyss"

1. SUPER

32.0%
  2. Above Average

40.0%
  3. Average

8.0%
  4. Below Average

8.0%
  5. BIZARRO

12.0%
  1. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

RESET BUTTON!

2. Othello

Othello Commodore Commodore

This is easily one of the crappiest Smallville epiodes I have seen in a long time.

3. Brent

Brent Admiral Admiral

I hope Lana dies

4. Brent

Brent Admiral Admiral

argh, i hate that

5. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

Jimmy: Oh, Clark... what about you now? Who've you got? I mean... all those friends of yours...
    Clark: They've all got someone else. Still, that's fine. I'm fine.
    Jimmy: I'll watch out for you, sir.
    Clark: You can't ever tell her!
    Jimmy: No, no, no...
    Jimmy: But, every night, Clark... when it gets dark, and the stars come out, I'll look up...on her behalf. I'll look up at the sky...and think of you.
    Clark: Thank you.

6. Procutus

Procutus Admiral Admiral

That smile of hers lights up a room.

7. Procutus

Procutus Admiral Admiral

I'd like to connect with her.

:evil:

8. Procutus

Procutus Admiral Admiral

How much do you want to bet that before it's all said and done, the Chlovage will regain her memory of Clark's ability/

9. This would be a GREAT episode if not for the gigantic reset. Everything else is fantastic.

and the preview! OMG ITS DOOMSDAY!

10. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

I must be missing John Glover and Lionel Luthor because I could have sworn that was his voice for BrainIAC.

11. Brent

Brent Admiral Admiral

So, hrm, they are really gonna spring Doomsday on us with this weenie Clark who can't even fly, ugh

12. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

^ Actually they're going to spring him on the entire Justice League from the rumors I've been hearing.

Scary thing: I like Davis more than I like Clark.

13. DontFeedPhil

DontFeedPhil Fleet Captain

oh mow go its doomsday. He is so gonna kick Clarks Ass. I really wonder where they are going with this. I mean the Davis Character is turning into a weirdo stalker. He's even actively trying to steal Shh-Low-ee. Actually now that I think about it. Its gonna be his love/stalking of Shh-Low-ee that somehow makes him stop or breaks his heart. Something along those lines.
    About the episode. I gave it a bizzaro just on the stupid fact that not only was Shh-Low-ee forgetting people she knew...but somehow they were all dangerous to her...No stay away...Dumb. Like a person is gonna try and hurt you infront of other people. I was waiting for her to pull out her Rape Whistle...
    And I have a question thats not actually about the episode. What is the name of the condition that Chloe (Allison Mack) was born with. Its something that makes a babies eyes a little small in relation to their face. Im thinking its a very mild form of mongaloidism. It has none of the mental problems that go along with that and it really only affects the persons eyes and face a little. I want to say asburgers but Im not sure. You can see it pretty good in Procutus's avatar. And also when shee smiles and squints her eyes. Does anyone know what its called?

14. Othello

Othello Commodore Commodore

I hope Chloe dies. She's an overhyped character that isn't even all that good looking. Nothing special about her at all.

15. Buck Rogers

Buck Rogers Captain Captain

Well this one and previous ep were well written,and IMO predictible,when it comes to Smallville.but I'm keeping an open mind next week we get to see Doomsday/Davis or which is BTW bending continuity a little bit since in the comic books he doesn't even show up until Clark/KAL-EL is a more mature,and established super hero known as Superman,also betrothed to Lois Lane before he "dies again" protecting Metropolis.

its almost saying that he(Davis) hasn't evolved to the creature totally,and as long he stays in humanoid form he's in control like another character namely Bruce Banner(Hulk),but who is to say that Brainiac has taken over the fortress again,and can influence Davis to prematurely Doomout to kill Kal-El,and destroy the house of EL.

We'll see if I'm right next week to my eyes it looks like they're setting up for the Holliday break next week.

signed

Buck Rogers

16. CorporalClegg

CorporalClegg Admiral Admiral

Sometimes you really come off as just a bit.

You seem so angry that most people don't share the same opinions as you. You make these absurd statements that completely conflict with the general consensus. Chloe (by a big margin) is the most popular character on the show. But you don't think so and you're right and everyone else is wrong.

So week after week you post the same thing over and over again: "Lana is great. Chloe is ugly and sucks. Blah. Blah. Blah," in (what seems like) just an attempt to gain attention. I think they have a name for that.

Sure the episode wasn't all that great. But it did have its moments. Mack has been the one person keeping the show's head above water the last two years. (Yes, even your vaunted Mike and John started phoning it in.) She was also the highlight of this episode. She's clearly the best actor on the show. It's too bad you're so determined to wallow in your negativity. The act is really getting tired.

Rant over.

On a brighter side, next week looks to be really good.

The first thing I thought of when I saw Doomsday was it kind of looks like some freakish hybrid of The Alien and Magitek Armor from Final Fantasy VI.

17. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

[​IMG]

Not bad. Still reminds me of Buffy the vampire slayer and Angel type monster costumes.

18. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

I sure as hell hope so, that pissed me off. Not only does it suck for the character but it's yet another example of Clark taking the easy way out instead of owning up to who he really is (of course, hiding under the it's safer for her bullshit). Is there any fan of Smallville who really wanted to see her forget about Clark's abilities? Thanks a lot TPTB.

I did really like the way they depicted her memory loss especially at the Planet. Smallville doesn't always score points for visual flair.

19. Ben Sisko3

Ben Sisko3 Commodore Commodore

No, I don't.

As someone who has Asperger's, I can with great confidence say that you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about and humbly request you remove the reference to mongolidism in your post -- a word which, amongst many others, you spelled improperly. Do some research before you make a post of this nature. While it would most certainly be an ego boost to learn that Miss Mack is an ASpie, I don't think that's quite the case.

Asperger's syndrome is a unique form of high-functioning autism and is in no way a purely physical condition. It largely has involves poor social ability and percieved lack of empathy which are two things that, as an actress, Miss Mack can not afford to afflict her. I'm not saying that ASpies can't be actors; certainly I've known some wonderful ones (Additionally, such notables as Tom Hanks and Robin Williams are rumored to have Asperger's, and Marilyn Monroe and Clark Gable have been retroactively "diagnosed" as having AS traits). However, for someone who started her career at such a young age, and while AS "treatment" was still being sussed out, I find it remarkably improbable that she is, so to speak, "one of us". It is also uncommon, but certainly not unheard of, in women, so the odds of Miss Mack having AS go down even further when this is taken into account.

A final note: John Schneider, the former Pa Kent, has a son with Asperger's syndrome and does a lot of work for autism research. I remember during the early seasons of the show my mother found an article about the Schneiders and shared it with me.

20. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Commodore Commodore

DD vs Green Arrow = splat!

DD vs Aquaman = SPLAT!

DD vs Black Canary = Ok her sonic scream may irritate him slightly then... SPPLATT!

DD vs IMPULSE = actually Bart should be able to last longer because he can avoid being hit. But has little offense abilities.

DD vs Cyborg =Crunk! (the sound of a tin can being crushed)

Other than Clark, Martian Manhunter would likely have the best shot against Doomsday.

;)