Ongoing Community Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Admiral_Young, Jan 21, 2011.

1. Venardhi

Venardhi Vice Admiral Admiral

The Hugos are nominated by the attendees, and often comes down to who has the most and most active fans among them. The Drunk Tank's acceptance speech was amusing, but it was hardly a dramatic presentation. Being an active member of the fandom earns you a lot of points and pull amongst the voters though and some of the categories only get a few nominees and often the winners are only by a few votes. You just have to kind of accept that the nomination process is a bit incestuous and move on.

2. Chris_Johnston

Chris_Johnston Captain Captain

[​IMG]

3. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

4. timothy

timothy Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Vampire orgins sounds like fun.

5. Anwar

Anwar Admiral Admiral

Like I said, the Dark timeline is a figment of Abed's subconscious and this was why when "Evil Abed" was born Abed suddenly "sensed" something. It wasn't just some joke, it was him having an inkling of this potentially dangerous new personality being formed in his subconscious.

And since the Evil Timeline was caused by the removal of Troy, when Abed is having issues with Troy he hallucinates Evil Abed.

6. Jono

Jono Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

As a person who wants Troy/Britta to happen the final moments of the last episode pretty much made it for me.

7. pork3

pork3 Commander

Just saw the latest episode, what a self-indulgent pile of shit.
    I can see some of the rationale behind Chevy Chase's displeasure with the direction of the show.

-Jamman

8. Chaos Descending

Chaos Descending Vice Admiral Admiral

I liked that the Inspector Spacetime theme had obvious cues to Doctor Who.

The rest of the episode... ummmmkayyyy...

9. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

Wow that bad?

I didn't get a chance to see it but the episode with Brittany and here ex from the carnival was rather unfunny and lame.

10. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

It looks like I'm going to have to watch the second half of the season when I do my summer catch up. Just haven't had the time to watch since it's been back. Hopefully I'm not watching final episodes...

11. scnj

scnj Captain Captain

Why was this self-indulgent? It was an Abed episode. It was no more crazy than Abed's Uncontrollable Christmas, and honestly, more enjoyable. It was less funny, but the character work was excellent.

12. TheGodBen

TheGodBen Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I didn't get this episode, I just didn't get it! There were so many layers! :wah:

Seriously, I liked it. It wasn't great but I enjoyed the weirdness. The show has clearly reached the point where they no longer care about appealing to a wider audience and are just servicing the fans with in-jokes, and I'm okay with that because I'm in on the jokes.

13. Beagleman

Beagleman Commodore Commodore

That was weird... and I loved every second of it! "Meta, meta!"

14. Dac

Dac Commodore Commodore

What was so hard to follow about it? If this was the very first episode you've seen then yeah, ok, it's out there, but if you've been a fan for a long time and seen every episode or just most of them, I can't quite see why its so revolting to people. If anything, it was the best episode of the year because all the jokes had a basis in something, even if that was in the mind of Abed or Annie. No dumb shit like Britta's cheap phone exploding.

15. LeadHead

LeadHead Director of Comedy Premium Member

I loved the most recent episode, the last few episodes have been moving in the right direction, this season has been somewhat inconsistent in quality, but I'm feeling like it's starting to hit a good stride.

16. Dac

Dac Commodore Commodore

This, a thousand times this. Although what with the reference to "A new day dawning over Greendale" or something like that I can't help but think that the change in tone/quality was a very intentional thing that will make itself known as the season continues. At least, I HOPE thats why everything went weird this year.

17. LeadHead

LeadHead Director of Comedy Premium Member

For some reason, Community seems to have slow starts with weaker episodes, then building to better ones as the season goes on. I've been hoping they'd start to get that pattern going again. Looks like they are. The Trek fan in me just loves the Dreamatorium.

18. Chaos Descending

Chaos Descending Vice Admiral Admiral

Rewatched the last episode and now I love it. Brilliant!

19. doubleohfive

doubleohfive Fleet Admiral

:lol::lol:

20. doubleohfive

doubleohfive Fleet Admiral

Also, a trailer for this week's episode: Community does Law & Order. :lol:

BONG-BONG!