Superman (casting, rumors, pix till release)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Obiwanshinobi, Jan 30, 2011.

1. Out Of My Vulcan Mind

Out Of My Vulcan Mind Vice Admiral Admiral

Yeah, them's fightin' words. Speaking of which:

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qmjAqkRCjc&feature=player_detailpage[/yt]

2. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

I've said it in this thread before, but it seems that it must be said again... Amy Adams is HOT!

3. JoeZhang

JoeZhang Vice Admiral Admiral

4. Gojira

Gojira Commodore Commodore

I am pretty sure, based on looks alone, she will be my favorite Lois.

5. kirk55555

kirk55555 Vice Admiral Admiral

Oh, I already have a lot of hate for the movie, I've never tried to deny it. But, as for Adams, I was talking about her being bland from just a physical perspective. I'm not making any judgements about attractiveness (although I don't find her particularly attractive) but she just looks bland, like she'll fade into the background (she's also 38, and definately looks it, but as long as she's not obviously ancient its not a big deal, although I wouldn't think Lois would be almost 40 when superman first appears :vulcan:).

I don't know how good she'll be with acting (looking at wikipedia, she was apparently in single episodes of Buffy and Smallville I must have seen, but I don't remember her, and I've never seen any of the movies she's been in) but honestly, like with Henry Cavill, I have no real expectations anyway when it comes to their acting. Both could be ok, both could be horrible. I'm not going to say they should have hired more famous actors for the movie, since famous definately does not always equal good, but neither seemed to have done much I'm interested in so its hard to say how they'll be. If she turns out to be very good, she could be memorable (although there is still the script to contend with). I'm just saying, just from looking at her, she looks like a very bland Lois. Its a totally superficial observation, and very far down the list of this movie's potential problems, its just something that I had started to notice after watching more of the trailers and TV spots.

6. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

7. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

Amy Adams looks a hell of a lot better than 'ole snaggle tooth that they got to play Mary Jane Watson.

8. Garak

Garak Cruisin' Premium Member

The more I see the better it looks. Super stoked for this.

9. kirk55555

kirk55555 Vice Admiral Admiral

I don't know, I think Kirsten Dunst is attractive. Not the most attractive actress by any stretch, but decent and she is definately better looking than Amy Adams. Still, talking about this is especially pointless because who people find attractive is even more diverse than what movies people like, and even more a matter of opinion. Besides, I don't care if Lois is attractive if she's played well (and the Lois's in the first 4 Superman movies weren't women I'd call attractive, either).

10. Ovation

Ovation Admiral Admiral

Amy Adams, bland? That is an OUTRAGEOUS statement. Go, Amy, Go!

11. CorporalClegg

CorporalClegg Admiral Admiral

Adams is beautiful, charming, intelligent, extremely talented, and one of the biggest actresses on the planet right now.

She'll be a fabulous Lois. Why is this even an issue?

Something you seem to have a knack for.

12. The Old Mixer

The Old Mixer Mih ssim, mih ssim, nam, daed si Xim. Moderator

I like what I've seen of Amy Adams in the trailers just fine. She's more believable than her immediate predecessor in the movies, and more attractive than the one before that.

13. Out Of My Vulcan Mind

Out Of My Vulcan Mind Vice Admiral Admiral

She's a great actress, a four-time Oscar nominee, and she still looks great at 38.

14. Admiral_Young

I can't believe we're having this discussion about Adams again! She's going to be fantastic as Lois and the casting for the film has been perfect :)

15. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'm pretty sure he was talking about Shailene Woodley, The Amazing Spider-Man 2's MJ.
    And Amy Adams is a very popular A-List actress. She's been in some very popular, well received movies, and she's been nominated for a ton of acting awards over the years. She's pretty much a household name at this point, so I don't how you could think she's not famous. She's very famous.

16. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

No, I was talking about Kirsten and her snaggletooth, but that new MJ is definitely no improvement. MJ was a top fashion model in the comics. Not sure how the casting directors keep missing that part.

ETA: Ah, wait. the picture in that article is just really awful. the new MJ actually looks pretty cute in one of the images further down in the talkbacks.

Last edited: May 30, 2013
  17. Admiral_Young

^ The new MJ is clearly based on Ultimate Mary Jane or aka "Brainey Janey" :)

18. Anwar

Anwar Admiral Admiral

But Ultimate MJ is more or less just Gwen with red hair though. Isn't that kind of redundant?

19. Admiral_Young

They've released the 11th spot too but haven't been able to find a link for it.

20. Flying Spaghetti Monster

Flying Spaghetti Monster Vice Admiral Admiral

here
    [yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9khCYO-72os[/yt]