What games are you playing currently?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by charlhussey, Apr 29, 2010.

1. Servo

Servo Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Had a productive few days gaming. Managed to finally find the time to get back on Motorstorm Apocalypse online long enough to reach rank 40, which got me the final trophy I needed to platinum the game.
    Also managed to kill George Romero, rescue the original characters and get a couple of other Call of the Dead achievements on Solo zombies mode on Black Ops.

Insomniac just added a new gun and some new abilities to the Resistance 3 beta, so I'll probably spend a bit of time on that over the weekend.

2. Turd Ferguson

Turd Ferguson Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I've been playing through inFamous and inFamous 2, first on evil and now Hard Mode good. I got the platinum trophy for the first game, now I'm getting ready to fight the Beast on inFamous 2 to get the hard mode trophy, good ending trophy and Platinum trophy.

3. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

Have fun. :D

I got the MS: Apocalpyse plat a while back... man getting to rank 40 sure was a grind.

I'm still deciding whether to check out the R3 beta. I downloaded it already, but I'm not really a big FPS fan.

4. Servo

Servo Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

It wasn't so bad with the added chips from the downloadable events and weekly challenges. I just needed to sit down for a few hours and make that final push to get from 38 to 40.

The best time to try it would be now. With the new patches it's about as good as it's going to get before release, which is still pretty good, even if it does have a few flaws. It's definitely fun to play once you get into it, but it's nothing revolutionary, so if you're not a big FPS fan to start with, then it might not do much to change that. Still worth a bash though.

5. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

After a break LOTR online has dragged me back with the mines of moria expansion, huge place so much to do (Level 56 now) ;)

6. Chaos Descending

Chaos Descending Vice Admiral Admiral

Deus Ex: Human Revolution
    Chrono Trigger DS
    Company of Heroes
    Galactic Civilizations II: Twilight of the Arnor
    MLB; The Show 11

7. clint g

clint g Admiral Admiral

Burning through Deus Ex Human Revolution right now. I imagine it will be taking most of my time for a while :lol:

8. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

I can't believe how long Uncharted 2 is! I thought I was finished, but then a door opened, and a whole other city appeared.

9. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

^ :D Only 12 more hours to go.

I'm kidding btw. :p

10. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

I feel like I'm actually nearing the end now, but they manage to find really good ways to drag this game out. I definitely feel like I'm getting my money's worth.

I'm also really interested to find out what happens to all of these characters and if any of them are going to carry over into Uncharted 3. Right now, Helena ain't looking so good. :lol: I've never cared about spoilers in a video game before!

11. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

^ I won't get into any details (or spoiler territory), but you're definitely closer to the end than the beginning. ;)

And yeah, I absolutely love the characters in these two games... especially Drake and Elena.

Anyway, make sure you let us know your thoughts once you're done.

12. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

I imagine my thoughts will be something like, "Gah, why isn't the third one out yet?!"

Also, I'm still pumped every time Chloe shows up with Claudia Black's voice. Imagine a Farscape Nebari War game made just like this -- it would be amazing. Drake = Crichton. Elena = a somehow resurrected Gilina. Chloe = Aeryn. Sully = Rygel!

13. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

^ Well hey, you only have two wait two months for U3. Most of us have been waiting for almost two years already. ;)

And yeah, it was cool having Black's voice in the game.

Farscape game developed by Naughty Dog? Oh man, that would be awesome. :D

Btw, once you're done with the single player campaign make sure you have multi player a shot. Even if you don't like competitive MP, there are a few cool co-op modes.

14. Kelthaz

Kelthaz Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Pilotwings on the SNES. Ah, retro goodness. The N64 version was better, but the original was no slouch.

15. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

I may or may not try out the multiplayer. My internet has this habit of cutting out every 20 minutes or so, so it's hard to do anything for extended periods.

16. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

^ Ah I see, that sucks.

17. Jono

Jono Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Went out to get LA Noire, but it wasn't available at the store I went to so I got Transformers: War for Cybertron instead and have played about an hour of the game so far.

18. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

Finished Uncharted 2 last night, and now I'm sad because I have nothing else to play. I've got a 3-day weekend coming up; I need a new game!

19. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

^ If you like strategy games you should really check out Valkyria Chronicles. It's probably my second favourite PS3 game ever (right behind Uncharted 2) and that's saying quite a bit considering how many PS3 games I've played. VC is mostly a strategy game with a bit of FRP and third person shooting added to the mix. ;)

EDIT: Otherwise there are a lot of other games you could play (Arkham City, Read Dead Redemption, Ratchet & Clank Future series...).

20. Flying Spaghetti Monster

Flying Spaghetti Monster Vice Admiral Admiral

Playing games on my iPad mainly. I still want an ipad version of Rampage!

Oh, occasionally I'll jam on Rock Band 3