The "what are you working on?" Art thread.

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Venardhi, Dec 6, 2012.

1. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

2. Gepard

Gepard Vice Admiral Admiral

The thought has occurred to me. I'd want to track down and replicate many more of the kit parts used on the ISD models before ever tackling something like that, though. Those things were crazy.

3. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

Do you ever go to scifi-meshes.com? I think someone there had some greeble kits. It's also worth seeing fractalsponge's different projects there. He seems to a be a master of Star Wars CGI. (So good that Lucas Arts/Film has used some of it, though without giving due credit)

4. Gepard

Gepard Vice Admiral Admiral

I don't, no. Might be a good place to hit up!

Googling his name, his stuff looks familiar. I think I recall seeing some of it when I used to spend time on StarDestroyer.net. Pretty damn impressive stuff, and a lot better than what I can do.

5. Vektor

Vektor Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Here’s a small preview of a professional book cover I just completed for a friend’s first published novel, due out the beginning of next year, which is pretty much all I can say about it for the moment.

[​IMG]

6. Kaiser

Kaiser Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Pretty :3

7. Albertese

Albertese Commodore Commodore

Nice! Is that all the height of it? I'm curious to see the flag...

--Alex

8. Vektor

Vektor Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

No, that's only part of the bottom half of the front cover. I didn't want to give too much away by showing the whole thing. Not that I'm hiding anything particularly recognizable but the publisher would prefer to save the full image for the book itself.

9. FalTorPan

FalTorPan Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm making my own transforming robot toy from scratch. It's Vehicle Team Voltron, made in the style of the 1980s Panosh Place Voltron toy line, which catered only to the more popular Lion Force Voltron.

In addition to transforming into its 15 vehicles, which can form three larger fighters, each of the 15 vehicles will be able to accommodate a 3-3/4" action figure of its pilot.

I sketched the designs onto 1-millimeter-per-square graph paper, and I made crude concept models from foam core and posterboard. Now I'm modeling the designs using Blender, after which -- cost permitting -- I'm going to 3D-print the models using Shapeways.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Discussion thread on Voltron.com forums

Discussion thread on TFW2005 forums

Discussion thread on RobotJapan forums

10. Venardhi

Venardhi Vice Admiral Admiral

Very cool.

11. publiusr

publiusr Admiral Admiral

Nice airship.

On the transforming robot--I wonder if anyone ever made Big Fau from THE BIG O

12. Ptrope

Ptrope Agitator Admiral

I've been updating the Dart with new add-ons that make it more 'Starfleety' ;). Now it has warp nacelles, landing gear, a deflector, Starfleet livery, and I created stowage to fill the enormous, empty space behind the seats. With all that, I figured Kirk probably would have one of his own ...

[​IMG]

The mirrors are just kind of there for style - I'm sure the ship would have tiny cameras, but I wanted it to have something of a 'hot rod' look ;).

13. Kaiser

Kaiser Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Spiffy looking craft :)

mayeb the "mirrors" are hidden sencors or weopons? =o

14. largo

largo Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

and the air scoops on the nacelles are a nice touch, too.

15. Ptrope

Ptrope Agitator Admiral

Thanks! Those nacelles are derived from my Crossbow starship, which also had scoops; I was trying for a bit of a WWII fighter-vibe with them. Those were less stylized - I made these to further emphasize the 'hot rod' nature of the craft (along with the fuzzy dice ;) )

16. beamMe

beamMe Commodore

Now that looks cool. :techman:

17. Bernard Guignard

Bernard Guignard Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

That is so Cool I really like the Captain's Dart :techman::techman::techman::techman:

18. Ptrope

Ptrope Agitator Admiral

Nice! I'll have to keep a sharp eye out on the shelves :D.

19. -SS-

-SS- Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I just finished this:

[​IMG]

I wanted a template to design uniforms that was not based on Tounushi's or FJ's or Ensign Youngblood. So here's a halfway decent, fully vectorized template for myself and anyone else who cares to use. It's based on naval uniforms, but it can easily be adapted to Starfleet styles :)

20. Albertese

Albertese Commodore Commodore

This is no way Trek related... but then, a lot in this thread isn't...

So, I was in the mood to draw this last weekend but couldn't think of anything. A friend, facetiously, suggested I draw a mermaid riding a unicorn. So I did.

[​IMG]

It has it's problems... the mermaid's ear is too big... none of the water makes sense... but it was fun to draw.

--Alex