How to contact or email actors?

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by simplist, Aug 21, 2011.

1. simplist

simplist Cadet Newbie

Although most of the actors do a good job, some are simply outstanding, and some very endearing due to their roles and their personalities.
    For example, I admire the EMH, 7of9 from Voyager, Dax and Odo from DS9, Spock from TOS, Data and Geordi from TNG.

Now how would I be able to contact these people by email.
    I've looked for their contact info all over, but to no result.
    Obviously, they will drown in fan mail and so they have chosen to keep their contact info secret.
    (... and probably even if some of you know them, you might also be expected to not post such info :rommie: ;) )

Some of the script writers are admirable for the good work they do in virtually giving us lessons in ethics in such an entertaining way - Jeri Taylor, for instance.

Many of us would give up quite a few things to get one personal reply to fan mail from one of these stars, no? :)

So how does a fan contact these stars?
    Email, twitter, IM or even plain old snail mail?

2. KirkPicard

KirkPicard Captain Captain

Several of the actors are now on Twitter and/or Facebook. Robert Picardo is on Facebook and Rene Auberjonois, Brent Spiner, LeVar Burton and Leonard Nimoy are verified members on Twitter.

3. JiNX-01

JiNX-01 Admiral Admiral

Twitter: I'm following Jeri Ryan, Connor Trinneer, Anthony Montgomery, Mike Sussman, Robert Duncan McNeill, George Takei, Nichelle Nichols, Wm. Shatner, Kate Mulgrew, Jolene Blalock.

I'm also a FB friend of Brent Spiner.

4. simplist

simplist Cadet Newbie

I see that I'm quite a dinosaur. :) Going right away to follow everyone I can find...
    Thanks a ton. Suddenly all the stars of my favourite show are easily reachable! :)

5. Stompy

Stompy Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

6. Rocketeer

Rocketeer Captain Captain

Has Chase relpied to you?

7. spooky spice

spooky spice Commander Red Shirt

Once upon a time you wrote to name c/o Paramount Pictures 5555 Melrose Avenue, Hollywood, CA (I forget what the zip code is)

8. Keith1701

Keith1701 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Thanks, for the information.

9. Sean Aaron

Sean Aaron Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

A lot of actors also have their own webpages. I once emailed Ian McKellen to tell him how much I enjoyed his performance in Richard III and Gods and Monsters and was quite pleased to receive what appeared to be an actual personal response (I expect he didn't get much mail at the time as the only genre work he'd done to that point was the first X-Men film).

Most stars I expect have their publicists field this stuff and run their website/facebook accounts and reply to mail, though.

10. Paradon

Paradon Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I wanna talk to Suzi Plakson... I love her as a Klingon.

11. Therin of Andor

Therin of Andor Admiral Moderator

I ordered her CD via her personal website quite recently - and it came back autographed.

(I worked with her at an Australian convention and already had her signature on an unused certificate from the art show, and the signatures matched.)

12. Hansolowzabruin

Hansolowzabruin Ensign Newbie

You can show up to a convention where they're appearing and ask them how to write to them. They'll usually oblige with an email address or Twitter account.