Uh-Oh!! Is Microsoft setting up to answer Sony?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by AlphaMan, Feb 22, 2013.

1. Robert Maxwell

Robert Maxwell memelord Premium Member

The only positive I can see from the developer side is that programming the system is easier, in that you can always assume the system is online and never have to worry about putting in code to handle an "offline" mode. If your game never goes online, then no harm, no foul--you can just ignore the online functionality. But if you have a game with both online and offline features, an always-online system makes it very easy to handle.

That said, I am not at all a fan of sacrificing user convenience and usability for the sake of making programmers' jobs easier--and I am one!

2. Haggis and tatties

Haggis and tatties Vice Admiral Admiral

OK stop shooting holes in my previous rant. lol ;)

Great i have been looking for one of you programmers for ages now, ok i want you to make me a Dr who game, i want it to being a mix of FPS and Portal 2 type puzzles game, i want a fully working Tardis and it must able to take me to any time period past and present that i desire, but also anywhere in time and space, i want no restrictions on where i can go in the tarids, if i die instead of losing a life i regenerate, and like borderland i can have up to 3 other compainions with me, be they ai or real people in coop.

I also want a entire universe filled to the brim with unlimited stories and lifeforms, i never want to see the same planet twice when i leave the tardis, i want everything that has ever been in the Who universe in it and i want it all for £19.99 with free DLC every month.(Although if its ok i will wait till its on sale) . :)

Now as a programmer i think you will agree i am not asking for much, so how long till its ready and can i be in the beta for having the idea. :p;)

3. Kelthaz

Kelthaz Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I just want a Doctor Who Point 'n Click adventure game. Hey, maybe Lucas Arts can make it!?

Oh, right. :(

4. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

I want a Doctor Who first-person shooter, where you just run around pointing your sonic screwdriver at everything. :p

5. Haggis and tatties

Haggis and tatties Vice Admiral Admiral

New xbox reveal May 21st.
    http://majornelson.com/2013/04/24/xboxreveal/

Ok i only hope the phrase "our vision" is not short for always on and second hand game block. lol

6. Roshi

Roshi Admiral Admiral

Only sales will tell.

7. Kelthaz

It'll be interesting to see how this generation unfolds.

Will the 3DS maintain its momentum and possibly overtake the lifetime sales of its behemoth predecessor?

Will the Wii U pull out of its nosedive thanks to some inevitable heavy hitters from Nintendo? Will Nintendo come out with a second "Wii Sports" killer app to sell their console to the casual mainstream once again?

Will the Xbox 720 launch with an online only console and if so how will this affect its reception?

Will the PS4 repeat their mistake with the PS3 by releasing an expensive console aimed at the hardcore or repeat the successes with the PS1 and PS2 by making a cheaper console aimed at the mainstream?

Will the Vita be able to recover from its -- heh, okay, the Vita is deader than disco. How long until it dies and I can pick one up for sub $100?

Will the Ouya/Steambox/Project Shield systems make major inroads into the gaming industry and change gaming as we know it?

8. ATimson

ATimson Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Possibly. It'll certainly do well for itself regardless.

No. Not with the name confusion. They're doomed this generation.

Those "cheaper consoles" came later in the lifespan. I'm sure the PS4 will be cheaper than the PS3 was at launch, but if you're expecting a $200 machine you're dreaming.

Not until we get the Bioshock game we were promised. :scream:

Not until Valve makes Steam as household-friendly as this generation of consoles were.

9. Kelthaz

The same was said about the 3DS last year. Don't count Nintendo out so easily.

Of course it won't be $200, but Sony seems to have it in their heads that higher and more expensive tech equals better sales. This strategy failed with the PSP, PS3, and the Vita. I hope they've learned their lesson.

Meh, I'd rather play that on a PC or console. The big appeal of the PSP for me was the truckload of quirky Japanese games that wouldn't have worked on a console. What I really want is Prinny 3 and more Ys games before the system dies.

10. AlphaMan

AlphaMan Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I just posted this over at another BBS

11. AlphaMan

AlphaMan Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'd love to see a Skyrim or Fallout type western RPG on the Vita.

We never did get that Borderland 2 port that Gearbox was willing to make happen either... And there was a Ratchet & Clank port too that fell off the face of the Earth.