Teen Wolf, Season 4 (SPOILERS)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Gryffindorian, Jun 23, 2014.

1. Gryffindorian

Gryffindorian Vice Admiral Admiral

Season 4 starts tonight. Allison is gone, and a couple of other characters died in the Season 3 finale ending the Nogitsune arc.

Link

Grade and discuss. What say you?

2. Gryffindorian

OK, so does anyone watch this show? Am I the only fan of Tyler Hoechlin's abs and a Stiles/Derek 'shipper? ;)

Not a bad episode to start the season. The teens traveled to Mexico looking for Derek and confronted the Calaveras clan, a family of wolf hunters, only to find out they were just as clueless. (You would think these guys would have graduated from high school by now, given the characters were around 16 when the series started.)

Kate Argent (Allison's hunter aunt) is still alive and has presumably been transformed into a were-jaguar.

3. tenmei

tenmei Commodore Commodore

I'm a fan - of the show and Tyler Hoechlin's abs. I've got Derek's tattoo on my left bicep.

EDITED -

Season 1 and 2 (the gap between seasons is two days, and the Winter Formal occurs in the first season) are the same school year, Season 3 (which starts at least three months after Season 2, and 3x16 is a Halloween episode) and 4 (which takes place in January due to the Dark Moon) are the same school year.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2014
  4. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Off to a good start. Lots of interesting set ups, and I liked our little team we had here with Scott, Stiles, Lydia, Malia, and Kira. I'm wondering if the Stiles/Malia kiss was the start of a new Stiles/Lydia/Malia triangle.

5. tenmei

So you totally missed the episode last season where Stiles and Malia had sex at the Echo House? The kiss here wasn't so much the start of a new triangle as them continuing an established one - it came across more that Stiles and Malia are pretty much dating at this point to me.

6. Gryffindorian

Thanks for the explanation. It makes more sense given the timeline. (I just assumed every season represented a school year.) It works pretty well, considering Scott, Stiles, and company don't seem to age much.

7. Mister Fandango

Mister Fandango Fleet Captain

I could really do without the "look how cool we are" shots. Oh, and the pink glowstick nunchaku. Also, if I see one more person do a three-point landing, I'm likely to kick my television screen in.

Otherwise, digging the show still. Stiles is, by far, the most interesting character on the show. I've still yet to figure out why they cast Posey as the lead. That jaw alone...

8. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

Enjoyed the new ep and curious to see where they're going. What's the backstory with Malia again? I admit I have trouble keeping track of all the tertiary characters sometimes--and was grateful that they gave us a refresher course on the history of Kate Argent.

9. The Librarian

The Librarian Commodore Commodore

Malia is the werecoyote who spent ten years or whatever running around the wilderness on her own.

10. Gryffindorian

Tyler Posey's acting range can be summed up in two moods: confused and not confused. :lol: All he ever does is drop his jaw and furrow his eyebrows. I thought Colton Haynes had more talent when he was on the show.

11. tenmei

And they also revealed Peter Hale was her father at the end of the season. Dereks mother hid her birth from Peter for reasons we do not yet really know.

12. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I saw all of last season, I just completely forgot about that.

13. Gryffindorian

So is Kate Argent some kind of sex offender? When Derek reverted to being a teenager again, he temporarily lost his memory. But he still recognized Kate, who was at least several years older. That would mean he and Kate had been romantically involved at some point despite the age gap.

Scott, Malia, and Kira got their butts kicked by the Berserkers, but Derek had no problem single-handedly fighting both of them?

And poor Peter had been had by persons unknown who made off with $117 million worth of bonds.

14. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

Did you catch the "Wolf Watch" segment afterwards? The actress who plays Kate confessed that she felt a bit guilty about kissing her much younger co-star--especially since the teen's mother was on set, watching the filming!

15. Gryffindorian

No, I missed that. :lol:

EDIT:

Well, considering the actor, Ian Nelson, is 19 years old, I guess it's OK.

16. tenmei

The Hales are awesome - just had to say it.

17. Mister Fandango

They are?

They had $117,000,000, but couldn't be arsed to rebuild their house? The same house they constantly whine about and pine over? Don't seem that awesome to me. Or at least not that bright.

18. tenmei

Derek didn't seem to know the bonds were in the safe - just that the triskele wasn't.

It's possible that he didn't know about them - and Peter (who did) couldn't get into the bunker on his own. If anyone could have opened the bunker, then Kate (and the people who set Kate up) wouldn't have needed Derek - and even Peter acknowledged that the whole thing was set up to get to the bunker and the safe.

19. Mister Fandango

No, he knew. That's why he made sure Kate didn't open it. He was quite protective of it, in fact.

20. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I don't think there would be that much of an age difference between Derek and Kate, so it isn't that implausible or creepy that they were involved.
    I did get a bit of a laugh out of the bit about Stiles being the small spoon with Malia.
    Have we seen the Triskelion before? I thought it might have seemed familiar, but I couldn't remember for sure.
    The besrerkers were cool.
    It was pretty surprising to hear that the Hales had that kind of money hidden away like that. I wonder how Kate knew about it.
    It looks like we get to meet the Benefactor in next week's episode. Do we know yet if he is working with Kate or if he is part of a separate arc?