Mass Effect 3

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by PsychoPere, Dec 10, 2010.

1. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

I think it's pretty much a foregone conclusion that whatever they come up with (assuming they come up with anything at all) she'll be cute.

While I wouldn't say I'm as vocal or as enthusiastic as some others, I defiantly count myself as a Tali fan. Partly because she was the only Quarrian we saw in ME1 and that by itself made her more interesting but she was also the only character other than Ash who didn't seem to whine and get all angsty over everything. Ash may have been a little closed minded (though I wouldn't label her as racist as others seem to) at least she had a firm point of view.

My preference for Tali also had something to do with my first playthrough being as a Soldier so I always made sure I had squad mates with tech and biotic powers to balance things out...which consequently meant I spent most of the game with Tali and Liara in tow.

2. Saquist

Saquist Commodore

It's about time we see the Sallarian homeworld.

3. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

^I think this time around, we'll be seeing *all* the major homeworlds.

4. TheGodBen

TheGodBen Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I hope we get to meet Garrus' parents when we visit Palaven! :D

5. Manticore

Manticore Manticore, A moment ago Account Deleted

That would be awkward, especially if one *ahem* ingested.

:p

6. Saquist

Saquist Commodore

So as much as we heard about the Asari and the others like Volus and Jellies...they've been saving it for last because we haven't even seen the Krogan Homeworld....

7. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

Wait, what? We visited Tuchanka in ME2.

8. Valikdu

Valikdu Cadet Newbie

Good.
    He'll have to do better to redeem himself for the whole "awesome button" thing, though.

9. Saquist

Saquist Commodore

I didn't think that was actually the homeworld I thought it was just a Krogan world....

10. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

I'm pretty sure the Asari, Salarian, Turian and Quarian/Geth homeworlds have been confirmed as mission destination in ME3. Nothing I've read mentions either the Hanar or the Volus homeworlds (nor the Elcor or Batarians when it comes to that.) And yes, Tuchanka (sp?) was indeed to Korgan homeworld. Aside from being in the codex, it was explicitly said several times in dialogue.

11. Saquist

Saquist Commodore

I didn't expect the homeworld to be in the DMZ.

12. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

That would be because of the Krogan rebellions, yes? I should think all Krogan territory is in a demilitarised zone.

13. backstept

backstept Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

come to think of it . . . we haven't seen any female Turians, Krogan, Drell, Salarians, Volus, or Elcor

14. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

It has to do with the number of models they have to build I think. A limitation they covered up with in-universe contrivances (Salarian females never serve in the military, Asari are mono-gendered, Krogan women are valuable and closely guarded etc.)

I think female Turians showed up in the recent comic (IIRC they're more or less identical to males save for very short crests that hug the skull rather than sweeping back.) A female Krogan also appeared in the E3 gameplay demo. Of course she was wearing a burqa type garment so they're still trying to sidestep it.

Personally I can't picture female Elcor looking (or indeed sounding) any different than the males and as for the Volus; how would you tell the difference when they're always in envirosuits?

15. Skywalker

The salarian limitation is even more severe than the females simply not serving in the military. Salarian culture is matriarchal (which is why I find it odd that a salarian male is on the Council, but whatevs), and so when salarians breed, they intentionally make it so that only 10% of all new children born are female, and most of those females then remain in the home territories to govern while the males more typically wander the galaxy.

On a different note, I've been playing a lot of Uncharted 2 multiplayer recently, and you know what...I used to be completely against the idea of multiplayer in Mass Effect, but after seeing a game like U2 do MP (and do it well) when you wouldn't normally expect it to have any at all, I'm actually curious to see how MP would be with ME. I think they've already denied multiplayer for ME3, but I wouldn't be surprised to see an ME game with multiplayer some day.

16. Saquist

Saquist Commodore

That was the confusing part. The map didn't show you the line of demarcation of the zone. I wasn't sure if that label was for. Apparently it was the entire Star Cluster and I don't read all the codex. I kept thinking we were visiting a world founded by them.

17. Herkimer Jitty

Herkimer Jitty Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Of course there's no line. Drawing a line on a map in space in the ME-verse would be silly.

18. Saquist

Saquist Commodore

A line is represented graphically as a path between two points.

19. Skywalker

Lines tend to work best on two-dimensional displays. Given the necessary three-dimensional nature of space, it's kind of hard to define anyone's territory with lines. We don't know how much territory the krogans control, but given the Council's reaction to the Krogan Rebellions, it's probably not much more than their home system and maybe some of the systems within their cluster.

20. bullethead

bullethead Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

IIRC there was a female elcor in their embassy on the Citadel in ME1.