Marvel All New, All Different - Ongoing Discussion (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Admiral_Young, May 30, 2010.

1. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

Re: Marvel Now/ReEvolution Ongoing Discussion (Spoilers)

A List Titles:
    Avengers, New Avengers, Wolverine & X-Men, Avengers Arena, All New X-Men, Uncanny Avengers (when it actually comes out)

B List Titles:
    Superior Spider-Man, A+X, Captain America, Avenging Spider-Man

Dropping Soon:
    Dark Avengers, Fantastic Four, FF, Cable & X-Force, Hulk

2. Hound of UIster

Hound of UIster Vice Admiral Admiral

Best Titles
    Avengers/New Avengers
    Daredevil
    Hawkeye
    Hulk
    Journey into Mystery
    X-Men

Dropped
    Captain America
    Thor
    Iron Man
    Uncanny Avengers
    Young Avengers

Shit
    Arena
    Dark Avengers
    FF/Fantastic Four
    Thunderbolts

Stephen Wacker may be a notorious internet troll, but all his titles are turning out to be the best comics Marvel has produced post-Quesada.

3. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

FF is way better than Fraction's Fantastic Four. I am surprised at the vast difference. It seems at least that Fraction has decided to keep the same spirit of that book that Hickman started with...I've enjoyed it a great deal more than the parent book, that's for sure.

4. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

Marvel's plans for Thanos and the big cosmic crossover begin* on Free Comic Book day.

Hickman and Cheung? Sold! Or... it would be if they were selling it...

*Or do they? The article says to watch tomorrow's New Avengers 3 for the real kick-off.

5. Admiral_Young

Looks like my theory is right. Thanos will be involved somehow to possibly regain the Infinity Gauntlet (which the Illumianti are attempting to rebuild right now in New Avengers). I'm excited for whatever it turns out to be.

6. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

I loved the resolution to Infinity Gauntlet (war?) where Thanos realizes that he's not as into destroying the universe as he's always assumed he was, fakes his death, and takes a holiday.

His battle armour was used to make a scarecrow!

(Thanos farmed?)

He's still not a nice guy, but there are limits to how much the Mad Titan is willing to devastate just to impress his girlfriend.

7. Icemizer

Icemizer Commodore Commodore

The house of old ideas reaches into the hat and pulls out the same worn tired story it has done before. Thanos and the gauntlet, yawn.

8. Turtletrekker

DC's New52 had the same effect on me. I picked up several DC books starting with the New52, but have since dropped them. I guess DC just isn't very interesting at all to me.

I thought that the New52 would be a good jumping on point, but it really left me just as confused as I would have been had I just jumped on at any old time.

9. Guy Gardener

Now here's my real pickle.

(That sounds like something a flasher roving the park should say.)

I understand that you have to stick the gems together, but not so close that they turn into a huge cosmic egg like they did in the 70s.

I even understand why a glove is a good way of... Are the Infinity Gems superglued to that Mit?

Does Thanos own a bedazzler?

(He does! Thanos is into arts and craft.)

My point is: WHY USE THE SAME GLOVE?

For one, it smells like Thanos.

For two, it's too frakking big for the largest human being in the world, if Tony Stark sticks the infinity gauntlet on, that bugger is going to fall right off.

For three, what sort of amazing inferiority complex is his left hands glove feeling?

For Four, did I stutter?

For Five, when the Americans stole all those Nazi rocket scientists, the NAZI scientist stopped stamp swastikas on their rockets, so to the ultimate glory of Thanos why are they still using a Thanos Brand Infinity Gauntlet?

For five, if it isn't the original Glove, gosh... Smells like Thanos? Pip the Troll was God for about 10 minutes becuase of that thing, who can imagine what it cupped, picked and scratched in those ten minutes?! DIGRESSION! I said: IF IT ISN'T THE ORIGINAL GLOVE... Then why did Tony Stark sew a new glove that looks just like the old one?

For Six, If Tony Stark made an infinity gauntlet, just the fabric to stick the gems on, after seeing him bitch out against every one in the first armour wars in the 80s, what insane bugger is going to don that mitten to proove that Stark hasn't booby trapped or poisoned the Glove to make sure that it's not assholeproof? Seriously, as soon as some one says "Victory is Mine!" or "My nefarious plan" or "I am the master of the universe" that frakker explodes taking the villains hand and flinging the gems 80 feet in every direction away from would be God.

So really you can see that there's shit going on behind the scenes that you are not privey to because that's the only reason that Tony Stark would bring that glove to that table when just from moment the united infinity gems would probably create its...

Wait...

In my head, my head talks to me, I'm recalling an issue of Warlock and the Infinity Watch where they were in so much trouble that they reassembled the gems to work together and Thanos had to donate another glove....

Did Stark at some point stage a panty raid and rummage through the Sanctuary II looking for Thanos' laundry hamper to use all those treasures as his own?

Is Tony stark is wearing stolen mad Titanian boxer briefs!?

10. Admiral_Young

^ Guy. I've figured out your secret. You're the real life version of Wade Wilson right: :)

11. Guy Gardener

That's right, I'm dying of terminal handsomeness.

12. Turtletrekker

Huh. See, now I always thought that he was the real-life version of Guy Gardener...:confused::p

13. Saga

Saga Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

i don't get why so many dislike Fraction's Fantastic Four/FF. yeah, its not as good as the Hickman run, but they're still fun comics.

14. Turtletrekker

I'm enjoying both Fantastic Four and FF. It's true that after Hickman, almost anything would seem like a let-down, but it's been enjoyable so far. I want to at least give them both an arc before passing any judgements.

15. Admiral_Young

I don't like the oh Reed has discovered something is wrong with him...but won't tell the others story line. Reed's kept enough secrets from his family, and they've all eventually come back to bite them in the ass, and you just knew that something was going to go wrong with their time travel. Maybe I will pick it back up some time, but Fraction was on a very tight leash with me to start with, and I am a fan of his, I just was let down with the plot and his plans.

FF on the otherhand as I've said on multiple times has retained the fun and craziness it was meant to posses, and I'm loving the replacement Four so far.

We could get "Kick-Ass 3" a whole lot earlier than anyone expected! This is from the last page of "Hit-Girl #5" today.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/02/06/kick-ass-3-in-may/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

Last edited: Feb 6, 2013
  16. Guy Gardener

Valeria should already know because she's smarter than Reed.

I was thinking that the future Franklin and Valeria should have know, but their master plan was to save their parents from getting killed a few months earlier, so the timeline reset and they became just as ignorant of the future as everyone else... Although Grimm is supposed to live for hundreds of years more if we believe that story from a year ago... So if Ben was/willbe dying of whatever Reed is, then Franklin and Valeria in some other Future already got on top of that malady before they time travelled back to a year ago.

Seriously though?

Reed is in possession of the yellow reality controlling infinity gem.

He can just wish himself well, since both his body and whatever is wrong with it are aspects of reality.

This is so pretty...

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/f/fa/SDCC_Infinity_Gauntlet.jpg

Although why is beast, who was also dying of an incurable disease, afraid of Professor X from the 1960s if he's got the Mind Gem in his back pocket? Professor X shouldn't be able to do jack to him since he should be able to control most of the universe if his imagination is up to the task.

17. Icemizer

Icemizer Commodore Commodore

I just cant get past the art in FF to find the story beneath it. While I find the old " I'm dying of something but cant tell anyone" story very used I always like the Fantastic Four when they are traveling off world.

18. Hound of UIster

Because he went back and turned Reed into a jerk again.

The entire point of Hickman's run on Fantastic Four was Reed's secrets coming out and almost killing him and his family saving him. Fraction didn't seem to have remembered any of that. Also Fraction deaged Franklin back to a toddler.

19. Guy Gardener

No, he's still about ten.

You did realize that there were two Franklin Richatrds in Hickmans run?

A ten year old and a time travelling adult.

20. Hound of UIster

You do realize I'm talking about the young version right?

The Franklin in Fraction's Fantastic Four acts like a toddler or pre-school, which only makes sense for Fraction since that is around the age of his son.