Star Trek Into Darkness Synopsis Revealed!!

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by StarTrek1701, Nov 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

I wouldn't count on it. V'Ger has already been used in a comic series set in the Abramsverse (not the ongoing one, the Nero one that followed up Trek XI). Since Bad Robot supervises comics set in the Abramsverse to make sure they don't cover anything they have plans for, don't expect V'Ger in an Abrams film. Hell, all the novels and comics that have featured V'Ger have almost always tried to shoehorn a connection between it and the Borg (yes, even the Nero comic). If the Borg were never created, it's possible V'Ger may never have been revisited.

Most artsy movies have limited releases and are usually released around "award season," that time of the year when the Oscars nominees are selected. Studios make them more for prestige than profit. You'll never see an artsy film in multiple theatres at summer in direct competition with the big budget action flicks, the raunchy comedies and kid-friendly cartoons. Those are the movies that get priority since they pull in money and make artsy movies possible.

Ron Moore's BSG was more a critical success than financial. Its ratings, though decent were not impressive, its spin-off Caprica failed and Blood and Chrome was shelved for a couple of years before being burned off as a telemovie. SyFy now fills its programming with wrestling and shows about amateur ghost hunters, and there are plans for BSG to be done as a movie more in the spirit of the original.

2. Kemaiku

Kemaiku Admiral Admiral

There are very few mentions to V'ger at all. To my knowledge the only recent mention has been Ex Machina, where we learn V'ger is happily living it's new existance in another plane, content to stay there.

3. Jeyl

Jeyl Commodore Commodore

Gene Roddenberry would disagree.

4. Drago-Kazov

Drago-Kazov Fleet Captain

He is dead and the franchise did fine without him.

5. bullethead

bullethead Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

In fact, some people think it did better after he died than when he was still around (post-TOS).

6. ralph

ralph Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

My bet is Garth of Izar. Don´t forget that Garth was a great military strategist. Perhaps this explains what Pine said "will earn" the captain's chair - winning the best captain of the Fleet

7. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

Every time someone says Garth of Izar I get excited which never happened with Gary Mitchell.

Garth of Izar.. but if it is Cumberbatch I want to see him swishing about in that coat, not just in the drabness we've seen so far. Though I guess they weren't going to give us any stills of the coat since that might be too much clue.

Cumberbatch would make a brilliant Garth of Izar.

8. Admiral Buzzkill

Admiral Buzzkill Fleet Admiral Admiral

No, Gene Roddenberry would emphatically agree and completely endorse what Abrams is doing.

I say that with as much authority and knowledge on the subject and the same right to speak for Roddenberry as you have. :p

9. ralph

ralph Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

We, Trek Brasilis site, are betting on Garth of Izar. he's a strong character, underexplored, great strategist. It seems to me that he is human from another world, Izar. The writers can show him with more physical strength or others superhuman qualities because of the planet.

10. Pondslider

Pondslider Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Wasn't he much older than Kirk though? Kirk talks about Garth being his idol in academy. That might explain Peter Weller's character (there's also some resemblance between Weller and Steve Ihrat who played him on the show).

I think the Garth theory makes the most sense if the Enterprise goes to Elba II to release Garth sort of like in that episode in order to help against Cumberbatch's character.

11. Admiral Buzzkill

Anthony Pascale, over at Trekmovie, pretty much confirmed at the end of April that it's Khan.

12. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

If it's Khan perhaps he awoke earlier in this timeline without Starfleet's knowledge and then infiltrated it and now he's making his move to conquer Earth and beyond.

13. Dukhat

Dukhat Admiral Admiral

Me: "Hey, some internet nerds over at this Trekmovie website are speculating that the bad guy in the new Trek movie is going to be Garth of Izar."

Casual fan: "Garth of who?"

Me: "They also think he might be Gary Mitchell."

Casual fan: "Who the fuck is Gary Mitchell?"

Me: "They're also saying that he might be Khan."

Casual fan: "Oh, you mean that guy in The Wrath of Khan where Spock dies?"

Me: "Yep."

Casual fan: "Awesome! I loved the Wrath of Khan! That was the only Star Trek movie I ever saw, and it was badass. My butt will be in the theater seat for this new movie then."

14. Admiral Buzzkill

I'm sure the studio's reasoning was something like that as well.

15. thumbtack

thumbtack Commodore Commodore

Well, I suppose it's better to be 5% correct than 100% wrong.

16. Ovation

Ovation Admiral Admiral

You're all wrong. It's Lazarus. Just wait and see. Alternate reality. The Alternative Factor. Iconic first season character. Don't like the lack of a wispy beard, though. Clear canon violation there.

17. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

It is not Lazarus, it will never be Lazarus, there are no Lazaruses in this timeline.

18. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

LORD, but we can hope they don't go there:barf: I think that one, and The Doomsday Machine :alienblush: are the only TOS episodes I actually despised, most of the other episodes that are abused by fandom, I don't mind (Sure, some I don't especially like, but, I don't hate them like many do)

19. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

I don't want to get into spoilers, but V'Ger factors in very importantly in one of Shatner's novels.

20. Matt S

Matt S Lieutenant Red Shirt

Its gonna be kid Clint Howard

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.