Transformers 2

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Surefire, Aug 4, 2008.

1. Emher

Emher Admiral Admiral

^He will, but the leaked pics of the cop car is a predominatly white cop car so it might be something like that. Nothing confirmed yet though, so it might just be a police car and no Transformer.

2. Surefire

Surefire Captain Captain

True, but what I'm getting at is GM. Pontiacs and Hummers are made by GM. So is Chevy. Every autobot in TF1 was a GM... except Prime.

I did like Ironhide's design.

Wait till you all see all of the puddlejumping pregnant rollerskates made by GM that will be in this TF2 movie. 4 cylinder wonders made to be green with no guts.

Almost seems more like a Green Peace commercial than a TF film.

3. Surefire

Surefire Captain Captain

Prowl as a Dodge Charger police cruiser would have been nice to break up the GM monopoly.

FWIW, I LOVED Barricade's alt-mode. Those retro Mustangs are very classy looking.

4. Surefire

Surefire Captain Captain

With Jetfire a Decepticon, it's too bad they couldn't give the Autobots SOME air power.

Perhaps Powerglide as a A10 Warthog, or even as the larger helo-plane hybrid V22 Osprey.

5. Thespeckledkiwi

Thespeckledkiwi Vice Admiral

With how Michael Bay directs, it would be confusing...

6. Kegek

Kegek Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I basically agree with this, though I'd probably go with 'better characters' as far as the humans are concerned. Either make them interesting or shove them to the sidelines, but either way I'd want more prominent role for the robots.

And Dinobots! Hey, it's Transformers. If the six-year old in me doesn't have a vote, what's the point? He likes dinosaurs. I know we're not getting Dinobots. But I'm doubtful we'll get less comic relief either.

I don't have gripes with reviving Megatron - I think the film allowed for that possibility and he is, anyway, the quintessential Transformers villain. Maybe this film could do a little more with him. Reviving Jazz seems pointless, though. There wasn't anything to that character. It doesn't exactly overturn a very sentimental death scene, either, so I'm just entirely nonplussed on this.

7. Surefire

Surefire Captain Captain

I wasn't a dinobot fan... but I can live with them in TF3 (they're likely will be five movies). I'm confident you'll see a Dinobot in TF3-TF5.

Regarding Jazz, I thought he was the third most likable autobot after BumbleBee and Prime. Jazz had personality IMO. He was brave, taking on Megatron (as the smallest Autobot in the movie taking on the second most biggest and likely most powerful Decepticon) . He was also hip and cool. IMO, his death was harder to watch than if Ratchet or Ironhide were killed.

Ratchet seemed stuffy/snobby, IMO.

Ironhide was a grumpy geriatric autobot with a heir trigger, IMO.

8. Kegek

Kegek Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

^
    I didn't think any of the Transformers (Autobot or Decepticon) sans Prime and Bumblebee had much personality. So, yeah, I would have had a non-reaction too had Ratchet or Ironhide died.

9. Surefire

Surefire Captain Captain

Agree for the most part.

Bumblebee was my favorite, then Prime.

Jazz was number 3 for me, and much higher than all other Autobots and Decepticons.

10. PlainSimpleJoel

PlainSimpleJoel Fleet Admiral Premium Member

There is a thread on another board what the film be like if Chris Nolan was directing transformers.

I'm trying to stay away from spoilers on the movie now.

11. payndz201

payndz201 Commodore Commodore

Something funny I noticed about Jazz is that he doesn't get one close-up in the entire first film. Not one. I realised this when I noticed some magazine in a newsagent that had Jazz on the cover, and went, "Huh, I never knew he had a visor..."

Michael Bay, keeping the black-voiced robot man down!

12. Surefire

Surefire Captain Captain

I hope the Decepticons get some communication time. We didn't know anything about them in TF1, other than Bonecrusher hating everything and Frenzy being a crack addict.

Starscream, Barricade, Soundwave (who will be in TF2) are characters that I think should be examined. Let's find out their motivation for joining the dark side, and see if there is any shades of grey in the Decepticon ranks.

13. Flying Spaghetti Monster

Flying Spaghetti Monster Vice Admiral Admiral

Word on the net is that Shia may have his pinky amputated as a result of that accident and it's throwing production of the film into turnoil

14. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

AFAIK, his hand injury is being incorporated into the film. They only lost a couple days' worth of shooting.

15. Surefire

Surefire Captain Captain

Perhaps the remaining piece of the allspark vaporizes his pinky?

16. Flying Spaghetti Monster

17. CommodoreKong

CommodoreKong Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

It was hard for any of them besides Prime and Bumblebee to have any personality when they got 3 lines each. ;)

18. Surefire

Surefire Captain Captain

What does everyone think of Arcee as a motorcycle?

19. Flying Spaghetti Monster

I think a motocycle is a good design for her. From what I saw, she wouldn't be much taller than a human as a robot. Also she'd be kiunda thin and lanky, not so much like Frenzy but close. It would be interesting to see her and Frenzy fight, as neither of them are very strong. Although she would be ever so slightly bigger than Frenzy, I'd give him the edge on pure ruthlessness. I hope they bring back Susan Blu.

20. Surefire

Surefire Captain Captain

She should be about twice Frenzy's size, which would give her a nice advantage. Plus, I'd expect her to have bigger caliber weapons due to her size.