The Dark Knight Rises Anticipation Station

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by JacksonArcher, Oct 27, 2010.

1. Bishop76

Bishop76 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Yup, that would make sense... unfortunately. I'm not a big fan of hers but she seems to be a big deal to everyone else.

2. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

Marion has been rumored for a long time. She was in the running apparently for Selina Kyle...but dropped out because she is pregnant. The pregnancy is the only downside of this rumor but I'd love to see her cast. Rachel Weisz though would be great for Talia. I don't think that will happen though.

3. Admiral_Young

4. Out Of My Vulcan Mind

Out Of My Vulcan Mind Vice Admiral Admiral

^^^
    All very good actresses. I'd be fine with any of them.

5. Admiral_Young

^ I'm personally not a Naomi Watts fan. Never really liked her but she was rumored back in the fall last year for Sarah Essen. I think she would be good in that part had it proven true.

6. CaptainCanada

CaptainCanada Admiral Admiral

I really like Cotillard's work (I much prefer her to Hollywood's last Token French Chick, Audrey, Tatou).

7. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

Hold on, Cotillard was the wife in Inception, right? Is this film going to reunite the entire cast of that film?

8. Admiral_Young

Except for Leo it would seem and Ellen Page.

9. Anwar

Anwar Admiral Admiral

Nolan seems to be developing a regular cast of characters for his films, seeing how Joseph Gordon-Levitt looks just like Heath Ledger I'm guessing that if Ledger hadn't bought the farm HE'D have been cast as Arthur in Inception.

10. mr.peany

mr.peany Commodore Commodore

Oohhh...get Kate Winslet into this. Stat.

11. CorporalClegg

CorporalClegg Fleet Admiral Admiral

Is anyone else worried Nolan & CO. might be over reaching on this one?

I know he's the flavor of the month director, but every flavor of the month directer inevitably has his flop.

12. Bishop76

Bishop76 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Why do you think he's overreaching? I guess for me his previous 2 Batmans were so good I find it hard not to have faith in the man.

13. AviTrek

AviTrek Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Where is he over reaching? The movie will succeed or fail based on its story and the performances delivered by the actors. Hiring the biggest name best actor/actress you can get, only increases the chance the movie will succeed.

If the story is bad and the movie bombs no one will say, well if they had only hired worse actors the movie would have been better. But on the flip side, a good performance can carry/save a bad movie.

So as long as Nolan is the hot flavor of the month he might as well capitalize and bring in the best talent possible.

14. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

My philosophy is, there's enough real stuff to worry about already, so there's no point inventing new worries out of thin air.

15. JarodRussell

JarodRussell Vice Admiral Admiral

Problem is, after The Dark Knight, any Nolan-Batman that's not breaking half a billion dollars will be considered a flop.

16. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

Ken Wanatabe's Batman character died in Begins, so that's one out. But we might get more Cillian Murphy, though I doubt it.

Editing to add what seems to be the first set pic from the movie, but it's nothing too exciting:

http://batman-news.com/2011/02/14/first-set-photo-from-the-dark-knight-rises/

Last edited: Feb 14, 2011
  17. Out Of My Vulcan Mind

Out Of My Vulcan Mind Vice Admiral Admiral

Only by those too dense to pay attention to.

18. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

As a throw back to those first Joker pics and all hell broke lose about the net allow me for nostalgia to say this.

OH MY GOD I CAN TELL FROM THAT PIC THIS IS GOING TO KILL THE FRANCHISE!!!! ;)

19. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

20. JarodRussell

JarodRussell Vice Admiral Admiral

Nice. Hopefully the film is going back to the Batman Begins style. The Dark Knight was a better movie in many aspects, but it lacked the darkness from Batman Begins. It also lacked most of the Bat symbolism that was very prominent in Begins.