Will you be getting a PS4 or an Xbox One ?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Relayer1, Jun 13, 2013.

?

Will you be getting a PS4 and/or Xbox One ?

1. I'll get both

10 vote(s)
    10.6%
  2. Staying with Playstation (PS3 to PS4)

49 vote(s)
    52.1%
  3. Staying with Xbox (360 to One)

14 vote(s)
    14.9%
  4. Changing to Playstation (360 to PS4)

21 vote(s)
    22.3%
  5. Changing to Xbox (PS3 to One)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. wissaboo

wissaboo Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

any numbers on sales? do we know which one is selling better?

2. Bob The Skutter

Bob The Skutter Complete Arse Cleft In Memoriam

The PS4 was over 2.1 million last I read and was the fastest selling console ever in the UK.

3. FPAlpha

FPAlpha Vice Admiral Premium Member

But then everyone has to use the console controller so it evens out again and becomes skill vs. skill.

I too had a hard time when first played a console shooter like Modern Warfare when i was used to the keyboard/mouse combo but after a while you get used to it and it works.

4. Kelthaz

Kelthaz Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The Wii U. Well, at least for another month or two Nintendo does technically have the console crown.

Official NPD (United States) results for November will be available on Thursday, but a well-known analyst, Michael Pachter, has made some predictions.

PS4 - 1.25 million
    Xbox One - 750,000
    Wii U - 149,000 (:ack:)

5. Steven

Steven Admiral Admiral

And by "predictions", you mean he tossed some crap at the wall to see what stuck? I think he's been wrong just as often as he's been right. So... :shrug:

6. Yoda

Yoda Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

That's kind of funny, no offense, but you usually come off as a bit of a 'retro gaming hipster' to me :)

Besides, assuming that each system has at least one exclusive you'd like to play, you logically would have to buy every single console. If you can accept that some people like dudebro online shooters and thus prefer Xbox, or that some people are into JRPGs and thus stick to Sony consoles, or that some people have the purest of Aryan bloodlines and thus prefer PC, you shouldn't be too confused. But anyway now with achievements and friends list that get tied to your system of choice, if anything brand loyalty is getting reinforced.

7. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

^Or that some people just don't have the money to buy EVERY system available. :p

8. Yoda

Well, I was hoping that much is obvious, or not even not having the money, just not playing enough games to justify having more than one console per generation. That being said, your hate of PC and Xbox controls is borderline irrational :p

9. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

1) I never said I hated anything.

2) I'm not sure you know what "irrational" means.

When I play video games, I do it laying back in my recliner. For that reason, the fact that I don't own a desk, and the fact that my personal computer is a MacBook, I don't play PC games.

The couple times I've tried to play XBOX, I didn't like the feel of the controller. I prefer the PS3 controller. What's irrational about that?

I'm hardly a hardcore gamer anyway. The only reason I bought a PS3 in the first place was because my DVD player died and I needed to replace it. At the time, PS3 was the same price as standalone Blu-Ray players, so it made sense to buy one.

10. Yoda

Just a little light-hearted spin, bro. And the PS3 controller is awful. C'mon. Everyone knows that ;)

11. ATimson

ATimson Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

It is, but this $7 kit helps a lot.

12. TheGodBen

TheGodBen Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Maybe in the US, I'm not sure about Europe. The Xbox One outsold all the Wii Us sold in the UK in a single week, and the PS4 managed it in a single day.

I don't know, that sounds fairly dodgy to me. I would certainly have doubts about getting in a car if you were driving. :p

13. Kelthaz

Nah, I like retro games, but I like modern games too. I'm just not interested in either Sony or Microsoft's console or the type of games that make those systems popular. Most gaming conversation these days is about the Xbox One and PS4, so I come across as if I hate everything new. That's not the case. I'm a huge fan of the 3DS, Vita, Wii U, and PC.

Also, the PS3 controller is amazing. Best controller ever.

14. Bob The Skutter

Bob The Skutter Complete Arse Cleft In Memoriam

PS4 controller is far better than the PS3 controller but it took me a long time to get used to the PS3 controller, I far preferred the Xbox 360 controller.

15. AlphaMan

AlphaMan Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

PS3 was my console of choice in the last generation due to Blu-ray initially, but I grew to love its exclusives like God of War, Uncharted, Last of Us and Resistance. I eventually bought a 360 for Mass Effect and Left 4 Dead, but was unimpressed with Halo and Gears. I later bought Skyrim in 360 since there were issues on the PS3 version and I have to admit that the 360 controller was miles ahead if the PS3's.

After holding both the PS4 & XO's controller, I think I prefer the PS4's at the moment.

16. JirinPanthosa

JirinPanthosa Admiral Admiral

I bought all three last gen but the only exclusives for 360 I actually played were ME1 and Tales of Vesperia. ME1 later came out on PS3, and there's no chance of any Japanese RPG being an XBox One exclusive.

For me, hardware differences aside, it's all about games. If all the XBox One exclusives are going to be shooters and cinematography driven adventure games, I see no chance of me getting all three this time around.

Wii U, of course, has all the Mario games, and Nintendo has a good relationship with Sega who owns Atlus who made or at least localized most of my favorite games from the last several years. Mario games and SMT x Fire Emblem are enough to make me buy the system.

Oh how I'd love to see the headline: "Atlus announces Valkyria Chronicles 4 for the Wii U". That'd be my wet dream video game headline of the year.

17. Kelthaz

For those who are interested, here are the North American sales for November 2013. NPD doesn't always give accurate numbers, but Neogaf members have done some calculations to figure out the Wii U and Vita sales. No clue on the PS3.

PlayStation 4: ???? (More than 1 million.)
    Xbox One: 909,132
    3DS: 770K (Estimate)
    Xbox 360: 647K
    PS3: ????
    Wii U: 220K
    Vita: ???? (Less than 75k)

18. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

Indeed. I always had an in-built prejudice against any Microsoft software or gear - this just reinforces it. I don't want game consoles actively spying on me. I don't care if they say they won't use it this way NOW. Theoretically they can do so later. Even if the Kinect is not required for all XBox One use (or is it?), it could be required later on. And if that's so, it can spy on users whenever it wants. Who would risk that?

Microsoft says that the Kinect won't spy on you. But why believe them? Think about it.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2013
  19. 137th Gebirg

137th Gebirg Admiral Premium Member

I sure as hell don't. That's why I won't even consider getting an X1 until it becomes available without a Kinnect.

20. Kelthaz

I'm not worried about the Kinect. I just don't want to pay for it.