Star Trek: Continues? Wow..very sad..

Discussion in 'Future of Trek' started by Breadfan, Mar 17, 2013.

1. feek61

feek61 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

The first episode will be out next month. I think it would be better to make a judgement after you get to see it. I think it is going to be good.

2. Ronald Held

Ronald Held Vice Admiral Admiral

How does it rate compared to Star Trek Phase II?

3. R. Star

R. Star Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Isn't all that true for NuTrek? ;)

4. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

I don't even like nuTrek and still don't feel that's fair.

5. Dude111

Dude111 Lieutenant Red Shirt

A PIECE OF UTTER TRASH!!!!!!

Just watched a little bit of episode 2 on youtube (I closed it in disgust after 3 or 4 mins) ... Im sick of the braindead morons of today STEALING SOMEONE ELSES GOLD AND MAKING IT GARBAGE!!!!!! (They have nothing good to make on thier own so they ruin someone elses treasure)

I just read a thread about this on another site and decided to have myself a laugh.... I SURE DID!!!!!!!!

6. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

I don't think you're really being fair to all the fan film folks that work really hard to make these. Do I wish they'd do their own take? Sure. But what a thrill it would be for me to make my own TOS adventure. I'm sure the thrill is the same for them.

So why not lay off? There's no need to criticize people for having fun and sharing that fun.

7. Quinton O'Connor

Quinton O'Connor Commodore Commodore

Bill, that fellow bumped a topic from over two years ago with a post as over-the-top as that one. I've a sneaking suspicion it was in (odd) jest.

8. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

Could be. I'm sleepy. :lol:

9. Brainsucker

Brainsucker Captain Captain

Star Trek Continue or Phase II? I'm confused. They are the same production or made by different fan group?
    The "Kirk" is okay. I like him. He has the face, the acting, and the charm of a starship captain. I think they need a new "Spock". He's simply bad. I won't say about the acting, but he doesn't has the figure / posture of a "Spock". And the way he talk is too feminim. And McCoy, I feel that he's too fat for the doctor. But it still okay, sometime, people can become overweight.
    But overall, I enjoy some of their episodes. Specially the episode when the Enterprise fought against a hijacked Constitution class starship. Just change the Spock actor and it will become even better.

10. Warped9

Warped9 Admiral Admiral

Star Trek Continues and Phase II are two separate productions.

11. GSchnitzer

GSchnitzer Co-Executive Producer In Memoriam

Star Trek New Voyages/Phase II is based in upstate New York and has been making Star Trek fan films for a decade now and has nine episodes out. Star Trek Continues is based in Georgia and has been around for about half as long and has four episodes out. Yes they are two different unrelated productions with separate production teams.

12. Brainsucker

Brainsucker Captain Captain

Oh, thanks.
    Btw, I enjoyed one of your episode "Enemy, Starfleet". It's a good Star Trek episode. The screenplay is good. It just Mr. Spock's voice that's too feminim. He lack of... what can I say... the charisma of Spock. But who can beat Leonard Nimoy and Sylar? The doctor is fat, but his acting is okay.

Overall the story is enjoyable. The fight scene is cool, and special effect is better than I have expected.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2015
  13. Karzak

Karzak Commodore Commodore

"Your work on earth draws to a close and you are near the silence. It is growing dark for you. Many write of such things, but they do not know. You have only opened the way — though you have gone as far as you could upon it… But I am sure that higher and holier enlightenment lies — onward."
    -James Joyce