Bridge and set plans! (big pic)

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by F. King Daniel, Jul 15, 2013.

1. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

Source: http://www.harryottodesign.com/gallery.html

At long last! I've wanted these since 2009. It's a shame not all the labels are legible, but here are the bridge, lobby, transporter room, medical bay and the corridors.
    [​IMG]
    The mysterious stations either side of the viewscreen are labelled "observation". The consoles either side of the helm/nav station are labelled too, I can make out "security" on the right side and "damage control" on the left. I can't make out the other two functions, though. The podiums are "aux. science" and "aux. com"
    Oddly, in the movie Spock and Uhura sit side-by-side at the Science station leaving communications to Hannity and Madeline. The thing behind the captain's chair is the "aux. systems display"

And, since it's been bugging me forever, here's how they should fit inside deck 2 of the Enterprise. As I suspected, the corridor outside the bridge extends outside the ship. But on the plus side, the other end joins up to the lobby quite nicely:)
    [​IMG]

2. Kruezerman

Kruezerman Commodore Commodore

Freaking awesome!

My guess is that "extra corridor" is just meant to be extra, they said they had the entire set connected, but it doesn't mean the med bay, transporter room, and bridge are layed out like that for real.

I'm dying to know how they did that "glass screen" look for the main screen!

3. DEWLine

DEWLine Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Surprised that the artist labelled the main "compartments" in the Peanuts/Schulz-style font.

4. DEWLine

The stations tagged "observation" are intriguing. Set aside for civilian researcher/investigators, maybe?

5. Flake

Flake Commodore Commodore

My god thats a big ship. !

Nice standing sets there, a good base to build some more sets required for a weekly tv show ! Engineering, Mess Hall, Science Labs, Shuttlebays and Cargo Bays needed to finish it off.

6. thumbtack

thumbtack Commodore Commodore

Nice find!

7. JarodRussell

JarodRussell Vice Admiral Admiral

That looks to me like the floor plan of the real studio set, not of the floor plan of what is supposed to be under the bridge dome in the fictional universe.

8. trekker670

trekker670 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

The "peanuts/schulz-style font" you refer to is similar to a number of fonts used in blueprints. It's a throwback to when blueprints were drawn and labeled by hand. My modern design software use fonts like these as the default for labels.

9. DEWLine

10. WarpFactorZ

WarpFactorZ Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Yeah...

11. F. King Daniel

It was only meant to be a rough idea. If I were making a proper in-universe floor plan, I'd take the same liberties that everyone from Franz Joseph to Rick Sternbach took when blueprinting past ships. I'd shorten that protruding corridor and curve it more so the turbolift fits snugly against the bridge and inside the hull, I'd shorten (to leave room for the two-storey observation lounge) and either straighten the rearward corridor or (since it's odd shape is clearly seen when Kirk calls Scotty) come up with a reason for it to be curved at the end like that.

12. Franklin

Franklin Vice Admiral Admiral

That's a nice logical placement of things with the information given, King Daniel. Still, I find the angle of the placement of that bridge in the lobby odd. For what it's worth, it would make more sense if it ran at an angle from the bridge entrance to the lobby over to the turbolift. Basically from 2 to 8 o'clock on the schematic you made, above. As is, one enters the lobby from the ship's bridge and either turns right and goes around to the turbolift, or turns left and goes to the long hallway. The lobby bridge just dead-ends into the back of the ship's bridge.

From what I can make out when I blow up the picture, GATT2000 was stationed at the Auxiliary Science station, and the comparable station on the other side of the command chair is Auxiliary Communications. I can also make out weapons and defense stations on the captain's right, and environment and engineering on his left. There are observatory stations on both sides of the view-screen/window. Can't make out anything else.

13. F. King Daniel

That would make more sense, giving a nice clean walking path from the bridge to the rest of the deck. It'd be an easier fit if they hadn't made the lobby an oval, though...

14. drt

drt Commodore Commodore

That it also appears to be the same exact dimensions as the bridge makes me wonder if the set builders were thinking it was supposed to be underneath the bridge originally.

15. DEWLine

Which would not surprise me, but for the Cinefex coverage of the movie, p. 86 of # 134, specifically:

...Pixomondo created gravity shifting effects in the primary hull atrium, which Scott Chambliss built as a single-story set. "J.J. shot a big tilt-up inside the turbolift plaza", related Ben Grossmann. "We extended that five stories up and eight stories down, with glass domes at the top and bottom looking out in the space..."

16. bryce

bryce Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Yeah, I am wondering how this affects the starship size argument...??? (Because, while I lean towards a ship that's a bit larger than the TOS ENT, obviously, I never believed that it was meant to be as big as the ENT-D...but this makes the ship look near the size of the ENT-E!!!)

17. Crazy Eddie

Crazy Eddie Vice Admiral Admiral

Enterprise-E was SMALLER than the Enterprise-D.:vulcan:

More importantly, even at its official length the NuEnterprise isn't anywhere close to the size of either of those vessels; volume wise, it's only slightly larger than the Ambassador class (and even then, only because the nacelles are so big).

18. F. King Daniel

I'd say it settles it at 2380'/725m they've been saying all along, and the only size that the bridge and lobby fit, and their placement is indisputable.

Here's a size comparison chart I made earlier:)
    [​IMG]

19. Killerprise

Killerprise Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

I agree, he omittied stairs or any other access that would let the crew reach the bridge which is mostly certainly situated higher than the rest of the ship.

20. Killerprise

Killerprise Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

The windows on the back of the bridge model......