Final Trek in The Park

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by jazzstick, Aug 17, 2013.

1. jazzstick

jazzstick Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Hey everybody!

Just a reminder that if you are a Trekkie in the Portland Oregon area, that this weekend and next are the last two weekends ever for Trek in the Park. I guess the people running it are ending on top. I'm there now as I type this waiting for the tribbles to start piling up! So if you are in the area don't miss it!

2. TorontoTrekker

TorontoTrekker Vice Admiral Admiral

I understand that David Gerrold was there for it last night. I knew he was in Portland, but I wasn't aware that he was actually there for this event. How did it go?

From what he was saying, it sounds like he had a great time. :bolian:

3. jazzstick

It was great, the cast did a great job as always and David shared a wonderful story about how he told his college friend (the guy who played Freddie Cougar) that he thought that this episode would be forgotten in 20 years, I guess he was wrong. It's a shame this is the last year they will be doing Trek in the Park. I've had many wonderful Trek experinces going to these shows and this was no excepcion!

Shaka, when the walls fell...

4. BlueMetroid

BlueMetroid Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I'll be at this coming Sunday's show....last year Garett Wang was there. I had the opportunity to meet him, which was very cool. Were any Tribbles given away after the show? I'd love to snag one! :)

5. jazzstick

Yeah I was at that show last year as well and got to meet and talk with Garrett during Captain Picard day! I don't know if they will give away the Tribbles but I would imagine they would. One found it's way home in my coat pocket after the tribble making party I went to in Febuary to help make them, damn thing was a lot of trouble at first but now it rests with my other Trek items!