New Syfy series Lost Girl - prelaunch thread

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by JD, Jan 4, 2012.

1. intrinsical

intrinsical Commodore Commodore

I've seen the first few episodes because my girlfriend liked it and because I loved Anna Silk's performance as Cassidy in Being Erica. If you're into monster of the week kind of show, I guess it can be interesting.. Personally I found the cast lacked chemistry and it just gets boring after a while.

2. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I really enjoyed it. I'll be honest and admit it might not have the most original ideas, but I thought the characters were likeable enough, and the approach was unique enough that I don't mind. And it was alot of fun, I thought, and that's really all I want in something like this. I'm definitely looking forward to more. Plus, it's got Emmanuelle Vaugier in what appears to be a fairly major recurring role, and after seeing her as Mia in Two and a Half Men, and Det. Angell in CSI: NY that's enough to keep me interested.
    Is the Detective Fae a Werewolf or something else? In some of the stuff I read they did make some references to wolves, so I kind of assumed that meant he was a Werewolf.

3. Disruptor

Disruptor Commodore

If I wanted to watch a show about a woman who sucks the life out of men I'd watch "Whitney".

4. Technobuilder

Technobuilder Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

5. stj

stj Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Watched the first episode till just after the lead shrieks "I pick human!" First, I couldn't see where the anger at the Fae comes from nor could I see how the love of human works. It's not like it's an option for what's-her-name. Second, fantasy is so retro, even gussying it up with noir trope (aka black and white detective movie cliches) doesn't liven it up. When it does manage to move, dust falls off. Third, and worst of all, (and a shocking notion to boot,) not everyone gets off on lesbian chic.

6. Yevetha

Yevetha Commodore

What was the name of the killer vagina movie?

7. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

8. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

I enjoyed the first episode. About time TV jumped on the urban fantasy bandwagon. I thought the first ep did a good job of setting up the characters and world, although I was unclear on what city this was supposed to be. Vancouver? Vancouver doubling for some American city?

(Wonder if there are going to be any novels . . . ?)

9. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

^ I don't know if the name of the city was ever mentioned, but it's shot in Toronto.

10. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

Hmm. Maybe it's just a generic big city then, instead of Toronto subbing for Seattle or Boston or even (gasp!) Toronto . . . .