Proof that Star Trek and anime/manga go great together..

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Dusty Ayres, Dec 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dusty Ayres

Dusty Ayres Commodore

2. doctorwho 03

doctorwho 03 Captain Captain

Not bad. Might make an interesting series. :bolian:

3. Kaiser

Kaiser Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I agree Star Trek and Anime/Manga go together like PB/J sandwhichs :)

4. judge alba

judge alba senior street judge Commodore

very nice

5. therealfoxbat

therealfoxbat Commander Red Shirt

Star Trek and anime/manga would go great together...

Just watch out for the alien villains with tentacles...

6. Patrickivan

Patrickivan Fleet Captain Newbie

Ya- except for the pics of most of the "women" who look like little girls. Especially the one where the "woman" is touching the other "woman's" underware is bordering on pedophilia... Because the fucker who drew it made them look like little girls.

7. Maurice

Maurice Snagglepussed Admiral

I wouldn't call that proof. It's pretty flat and generic.

8. The Axeman

The Axeman Commodore Commodore

Welcome to the wacky world of Manga. I dont think she's a kiddie toucher because she draws in the long established anime style. I'm not sure it sits well with Trek though, as with most anime it seems more concerned with showing flashes of cute chics panties than with much else. I'm not saying I dont like it, just that it's not really in line with serious galactic exploration and defence. The girl that draws these just happens to be a hot young asian girl herself, in case no one looked at her pictures section. :techman:

9. AmbassadorKosh

AmbassadorKosh Lieutenant Red Shirt

Have you watched very much anime? The "pantsu" catagory of anime is only a very small part of the world of anime. If you want some great anime series to watch, try Legend of Galactic Heroes, Crest/Banner of the Stars, Space Battleship Yamato, Captain Harlock (he gives Jim Kirk a run for the most awesome captain title), any of the Macross franchise; save for Macross Frontier or any of the UC timeline Gundam series, if your into mecha. these are all great series with little or no panty action and great plots, particularly Legend of Galactic heroes.

10. The Axeman

I have the Macross box set, some Appleseed and am trying to get a hold of the latest Yamato. I grew up with 'Battle of the Planets' (called something else everywhere else) blowing everything else out of the water in terms of future design and plot. I've never heard the 'pantsu' term though, but she's definitely closer to that big eye/small mouth stuff than your average mech fest.

11. Dusty Ayres

Dusty Ayres Commodore

Considering all of the 'pantsu' that went on in TOS, and the flash of pantsu in the movie (Kirk & Uhura), I wouldn't be bitching too much about anime doing it.

I would suggest that Star Trek become anime, or have something to do with anime as soon as possible, just to get young people like this artist; most of us aren't getting any younger, and if this is to be kept a viable franchise, it needs new blood-which anime/manga fandom has in spades.

12. The Axeman

I'm all for new fans coming into scifi in general and Trek in particular. I watched the Flare forums and a couple of other Trek places wither away to almost nothing through lack of interest, then when the new movie came along they proceeded to shoot themselves in the foot by denying its existence and abusing anyone who watched it. A new set of fans and renewed interest in the originals can only be good, no matter what you think of the JJ movie. If anime helps, so be it. I just hope it's not in the cutesy style is all.

13. AmbassadorKosh

AmbassadorKosh Lieutenant Red Shirt

Pantsu is the Japanese word for panties. Battle of the Planets was called G-Force on the TV station that aired it where I grew up and your right, it was miles ahead of the American cartoons of its day. If you get the chance find the original un-Americanized series, the original title is Super Science Ninja Team Gatchaman, it blows the American version away and is significantly different in many details. I always wanted to see ST:TAS redone by Shoji Kawamori and Studio Nu, but that won't probably ever happen and I can't really see any anime studio getting the rights to do a Star Trek anime. Nice to imagine though.

14. The Castellan

The Castellan Commodore Commodore

-Mr. Lucas voice- Glass of water for Patrickivan. :rommie:

This stuff is awesome, The Castellan approves! :techman:

I'm liking the Tamura drawing. :D
    and the Janeway Grope :bolian:

Annnnnnd.......
    http://glee-chan.deviantart.com/art/NCC-1507-148585027
    -Eric Idol voice- New and improved NCC-1507 is a sleek, sexy import, with turbo handling! :cool:

15. The Castellan

I'm sure we might see some snipets....like the guy who did that KICKASS anime of Dr. Who with the 3rd Doctor. Daleks in anime form looked slick. :cool:

16. BolianAuthor

BolianAuthor Writer, Battlestar Urantia Rear Admiral

Aye... the anime style is fun for a bit, but after looking at a few examples, it gets really old and tired, because so much of anime is so horribly unoriginal. It's all a repetition of the same theme... small figures with massive cutesy eyes, and no mouth, except for when they're shouting, when the mouthes are also ridiculously big, and strange shapes and colors of hair, and young girls with breasts the size of basketballs. Guess anime style just isn't my thing, lol.

17. The Castellan

Better it be anime than Hannah Barbara style....90% of everything would not even be moving. :p

18. The Axeman

I'll watch a Star Trek movie done by Studio Ghibli though.

19. largo

largo Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

that would be pretty awesome. doubly so if porco makes a cameo as the tellarite captain of the USS Adriatic.

20. therealfoxbat

therealfoxbat Commander Red Shirt

OF COURSE Daleks in anime form look slick. That's because when you open up the Salt Shaker Armor they're in...

(Dramatic Pause...)

...DALEKS GOT TENTACLES!!!

:devil: :devil: :devil:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.