Sean Tourangeau, regarding the Luna-class

Discussion in 'Trek Literature' started by SicOne, Dec 6, 2008.

1. SicOne

SicOne Commodore Commodore

...did you ever come up with an MSD for it?

If so, would you care to post it, or a link to it?

2. OmahaStar

OmahaStar Disrespectful of his betters Admiral

What's an MSD?

3. Herbert1

Herbert1 Captain Captain

Its an acronym for Master Systems Display or Master Situational Display. It is also known as Master Situational Monitor. It is usually a large display in Engineering or on the Bridge that is a line diagram cross section in profile of the ship and gives status information about the starship's systems. It is of interest toTreknology fans because it gives us an idea of the internal layout of the ship. In the case of the Galaxy-class Enterprise, the MSD contains many jokes like showing a Porsche 911 in the main shuttle bay. A large rubber duck in one of the rooms while a DC-3 is found in another.

Memory Alpha describes it and has graphic images of the MSDs created for the series and movies: http://memory-alpha.org/en/wiki/Master_systems_display

4. Titan Designer

Titan Designer Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

No I have never made a MSD for the Luna, a few people have told me that they would and
    I never saw one. sorry

5. SicOne

Thanks, Sean.

LCARS24, are you getting this?

(see Trek Tech for his works...)

6. backstept

backstept Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

7. fleetcaptain

fleetcaptain Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Interesting. I just checked it out myself since I'm a member. Glad to see someone come up with an MSD for the Titan. Looks great. Have you seen it Sean?

8. trekkerguy

trekkerguy Commodore Commodore

He's actually one of the posters in that thread.

And that's one awesome MSD.

9. Titan Designer

Titan Designer Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Yes I have seen it and even have a high res version of them. It is a great piece of work.

10. nordmoon

nordmoon Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

Does there exist a mesh for this ship? I have seen a few pictures indicating that there might exist one (like .max files)? I am looking for something to use for a site.

Thanks!

11. Paul Davis

Paul Davis Cadet Newbie

I would love to know if there is a mesh myself. I would love to make a ship with it.

12. David cgc

David cgc Admiral Premium Member

You know, come to think of it, I seem to remember that forever ago Masterjedi said that the Titan model would be publicly available once it was finished. I don't know if I'm misremembering or if something changed in the meantime. Given the fact that I don't care enough to double-check, I'll err on the side of my own fallibility and say I'm probably remembering wrong.

13. Frontier

Frontier Vice Admiral Admiral

Anyone have said MSD? Checked the link; it's 404'd.

I also remember hearing the Titan mesh was going to be released, but it's never happened. I don't even think the designer ever finished it... :wtf:

14. SicOne

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 24, 2011
  15. SicOne

^ Hope I did it right...never put it in like that before. I just tried to post a link to it and this is what occured. This is from LCARS 24's site.

16. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

^You seem to have hit the "image" button instead of the "link" button. You should probably edit that to be a link, so the mods don't have to.

17. SicOne

^ Sorry, Christopher, I've reached the limits of my Pakled-like understanding of how to post links. I just tried to redo it correctly, but only one option came up, with the result shown. Thanks for the suggestion, though.

Mods, if you need to change that post from the actual MSD to a link to it, which was my intent in the first place but exceeded my ability to do so, please go ahead and change it.

But, hey, I should get kudos for trying something new, right, guys? Guys?

(crickets chirping)

18. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

Well, let's see...

http://lcars24.com/MSD27.PNG

All I did was copy and paste the address with no brackets around it, and the board automatically parsed it as a link. In your post, the address is inside "IMG" brackets. If you just edit your post and delete those brackets -- or substitute "URL" for "IMG" inside the brackets -- it should be fine.

19. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

That looks really awesome.

20. David cgc

David cgc Admiral Premium Member

I think SicOne is using the WSIWYG editors, which is a rollicking pain when it comes to altering UBB code.