The new Post Your Desktop thread

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Chris3123, Dec 2, 2010.

1. Amaris

Amaris Fleet Admiral Admiral

I will forever be a fan of the F/A-18 hornet. :adore:

2. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    Me too. The Navy has hundreds of those babies, including the latest and most powerful version: the F/A-18E/F Super Hornet. I'd put the Super Hornet up against the best the Russians and Chinese can manufacture and I think it'd more than hold its own even if the other planes are faster or bigger.

3. Gaseous Anomaly

Gaseous Anomaly Bonzo Admiral

Boeing and the Navy are talking Super Duper Hornets, I guess Boeing is working on upgrades. I'm too lazy to find it in Aviation Weekly but there is an article that's a couple weeks old talking about it.

4. CorporalClegg

CorporalClegg Fleet Admiral Admiral

I've always thought Boeing's prototype for the JSF was the superior aircraft. Lockheed had the superior lobby.

Me too.

The classic F-18C is my favorite fighter ever. I think it looks better than the Super Hornet.

5. Amaris

Thanks to watching the EqG movie, I'm in a pony mood now, so I chose my favorite ladies :adore: :

[​IMG]

6. ITL

ITL Vice Admiral Admiral

[​IMG]

Yep, still haven't gone widescreen. Old but trusty CRT FTW!

7. Amaris

Nice guitar! Fender Strat?

Also, you should totally go widescreen. All the cool kids are doing it.

8. ITL

ITL Vice Admiral Admiral

It's a Fender Jaguarillo.

And if I could afford a new monitor, I'd get one. In the meantime, old faithful gets the job done. :)

9. Amaris

I get half credit!

Oh, I understand. I was playing. Do you honestly think I would be considered one of the cool kids? Nah. Not my style. :p

I used a CRT up until about 4 years ago, when I got a great deal on an LCD. A friend of mine used his CRT (19") up until last year, when I brought a trashed LCD back to life, and now he uses that. Use what works, as long as you can!

10. ITL

ITL Vice Admiral Admiral

None of us are cool kids, J. The cool kids are over there. See? See where I'm pointing? Waaaaay over yonder? :)

That doesn't mean we're not awesome, though. Probably.

11. Amaris

Jokes on them. In 20 years, when they're old and feeble, we'll have nerded up some kind of longevity elixir, and then we'll be stomping their asses at Bridge.

12. ITL

ITL Vice Admiral Admiral

Age and feebleness underway...elixir now!

13. NCC-1701-B

NCC-1701-B Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

There's some nice desktops in here, I think it's about time I made myself a new one.

14. Amaris

Changed mine, felt it needed more awesome, and this may have been the limits my desktop could handle:

[​IMG]

15. M'Sharak

M'Sharak Definitely Herbert. Maybe. Moderator

Me being me, I had to go right off and search to figure out what kind of guitar that was, rather than simply scrolling down. Not quite a Jaguar, but not a Jazzmaster either, hmmm...

16. ITL

ITL Vice Admiral Admiral

Another popular hybrid is the Telemaster (or Jazzcaster, depending on who you ask). Fender only ever made one run of them as a Custom Shop thing, but a few companies copied the style. Like this. It's also a body option at online guitar builders like Warmoth.

17. Amaris

I couldn't keep my previous desktop for two reasons:

(A) Having Freddie Mercury blast out of an atomic mushroom cloud carrying a unicorn was too awesome to behold.

(B) The white of the image was starting to burn. :D

So, here's a new desktop which should stick with me for a while (I changed my clock, too):

[​IMG]

18. M'Sharak

M'Sharak Definitely Herbert. Maybe. Moderator

Both of those look like fun. I've been spotting quite a few hybrids in various vids I've looked at recently. Or some hybrids and some very weird Frankenstein assemblages where I can't conclusively identify all of the bits involved. Thurston Moore had a couple of funny ones, and someone posted a clip of some L.A. band I wasn't familiar with and I never did figure out what their guy was playing.

(Also: not a hybrid, but you might find this interesting.)

19. CorporalClegg

CorporalClegg Fleet Admiral Admiral

I had a '73 candy apple Jazzmaster when I was a kid. My dad found it at a garage sale for $50. Obviously the seller had no idea what it was worth.

Unfortunately, our house flooded when I was 13 and the poor thing drowned. The neck warped enough that the intonation on the second octave was more or less crap, and, of course, the electronics were all shot. Ultimately, I replaced the electronics with some cheap third-party stuff, replaced the neck with a regular (Mexican) Jag neck, and gave it to a friend for her birthday.

20. ITL

ITL Vice Admiral Admiral

Yep, the Roxy! There are so many signature guitars around these days - and some of the limited run Gibson ones are outrageously priced, too. Funny you should mention Thurston Moore - both he and Lee Ranaldo have their own signature Jazzmasters, as does J. Mascis.
    Jag neck on a Jazzmaster body? Different scale lengths, surely?