If I would remaster the sfx in Q who

Discussion in 'Star Trek: The Next Generation' started by xvicente, May 17, 2013.

1. xvicente

xvicente Captain Captain

(I belive there was a thread titled "what would you do" but I cant seem to find it)

I would put some cgi crewmen floating away when the borg cut a hole in the Enterprise.

It would be horrible but neat. Trek did that as soon as they sfx could: one ENT episode, JJ 2009.

Lemme show what I mean:

[​IMG][/url]
    qwhoremastered por vicentox1999, no Flickr[/IMG]

(Also, when I saved this picture I noticed "Q Who Remastered" without the spaces can be read as "Q whore mastered". Sorry abt that.)

Last edited: May 17, 2013
  2. Start Wreck

Start Wreck Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Ongoing nitpick: this would be altering or enhancing the VFX, not remastering it.

3. Dale Sams

Dale Sams Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Why would their bodies float out of the tractor beam?

4. BigMovieGeek

BigMovieGeek Commander Red Shirt

Is there a way we can just insert that shot into the Blu-ray? That looks just as good as anything ILM have done on the new movies ;)

5. xvicente

xvicente Captain Captain

I dont know much about tractor beams, but same reason the air is forming a cloud?

Come to think of it, maybe tractor beams in general don't pull bodies, otherwise whenever a ship was pulled by a tractor beam everybody would stick to the walls, no?

Which would tractor my picture dangerously close to canon.

6. StolenThunder

StolenThunder Poster Premium Member

Appears to have only a 25% red shirt ratio there. I know it's TNG but those guys are still first to go! ;)