The island a giant holodeck?

Discussion in 'Lost' started by The Next Generation, May 3, 2009.

1. The Next Generation

The Next Generation Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Hi i thought about this last night and i never read about this idea before, but what if the island is a giant holodeck?

Remember star trek insurrection and the holoship and remember what ben said in season 3? "Not even god can find this place", because it never really existed!

It could explain a lot of things, like the "ghosts" the strange weather, the anomalies the smoke monster e.c.t.

I think we saw enough evidence to suggest the "island" the "monster" or both are able to create and or manipulate matter (like the horse kate and ford saw and many more things)

Its powersource could be a very powerful fusion reactor or even an anti/matter reactor, thats why the island is also able to jump trough time and has this amazing electromagnetic power.

What bothered me is that the donkey "weel" looks really just like some old wheel and maybe its also just an illusion.

I also belive the "island" is from a very far future and we know it jumped alot in time, but i dont know yet who created this island and why. :confused:

Maybe its even intelligent or biological or both and an alien? :vulcan:

And the reason why people get healed (or not) on the island is because of its ability to manipulate matter, or using some kind of nanoparticles or even just some sort of thelepatie like the Talosians in the unnoficial first star trek episode the cage.

And richard alpert could also be some artificial "keeper" or administrator of the island, thats why he seemed ageless.

I know it could 100% wrong but i think a lot would really make sense. :bolian:

2. Obiwanshinobi

Obiwanshinobi Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

yeah sorry, i'm gonna go with No, its not a holodeck. That would pretty much be how Enterprise ended....total cop out

3. Temis the Vorta

Temis the Vorta Fleet Admiral Admiral

I think we've passed the point where the holodeck angle would plausibly work - if it ever would have worked. But I like the notion that the island is extraterrestrial, perhaps a chunk of a sentient planet that crashed into Earth eons ago.

Or the whole "mysterious power lines" thing, a grid of supernatural energy that's always existed on Earth, and the island just happens to be part of the grid (or the center of the grid) and people are just now getting around to noticing.

4. Gertch

Gertch Admiral

Someone's turned off the safety protocols and we all know it.

5. Starbreaker

Starbreaker Fleet Admiral Admiral

Only if it's in Purgatory...

6. Temis the Vorta

Temis the Vorta Fleet Admiral Admiral

If Kira shows up wearing Quark's head, we'll know something's wrong.

7. ITL

ITL Vice Admiral Admiral

If it turns out to be a holodeck island in purgatory that's actually a dream I will destroy the entire world.

Yes.

8. Zulu Romeo

Zulu Romeo World Famous Starship Captain Admiral

Now that, with your permission, is definitely sig-worthy. :guffaw:

9. ITL

ITL Vice Admiral Admiral

Absolutely! One proviso: I will destroy the entire world. must stay italic!

:D

10. PKTrekGirl

PKTrekGirl Arrogant Niner Thug Admiral

Nah...I don't think there is anything like a holodeck going on.

Personally, I think we will discover it has more to do with the whole electromagnetism thing. The could use that and whatever is the cause of that to explain alot of things, I believe.