Fitness Checkin

Discussion in 'Sports and Fitness' started by kimc, Jan 16, 2009.

1. jamestyler

jamestyler Commodore Commodore

I have moved around a lot and moving my equipment has been a trial every time. Especially as I don't drive. Last time I carried 110k of weights (not all in one bulk) and eventually gave in and hired a van to move the bench and all the big stuff over.

I'm going back on my beloved 5x5 workout on Friday. I got great results last time, so after warming myself up and getting used to working out heavily again in the past couple of months... time to move on.

May take up an offer of a consultation with our companies personal trainer too. Just for nutrition as I've always done it my way... which has had mixed results.

2. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

I love how sexy my ass looks after a good leg workout.

Is that weird? :lol:

3. Gryffindorian

Gryffindorian Vice Admiral Admiral

Buns of steel! :D Bah, this thread is worthless without pics. :lol:

4. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

Well, it's been a day since my workout, so my ass is a little deflated.

I neglected my legs for such a long time that I'm kind of top-heavy. I'm trying to bulk up my lower body so I look more even.

5. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

I want to fit in some nice new tight clothes so started excercise yesterday just brief go on this walker gravity machine thingy :shifty: Today since the UK has chucked out the snowy weather and the sun returns from his hoilday, Time to play tennis again :)

oh and I will cut off my arms if they go near junk food...Actually good time to start since this week I did 4 x 45 minutes walks.

6. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

Nice. You wanna cut mine off? I've been eating an absurd amount of Oreos the last few days.

7. archeryguy1701

archeryguy1701 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Finally got my act together and started running again this week. Decided that I wanted to go run on the trails today and it ended up being pretty... interesting. I was hoping to get 10+ miles in, but only got 6. The trails haven't thawed out as much as I was hoping they would yet, so most of what I was doing was a trudge rather than a run, including thigh-deep sections. I ended up losing the trail pretty regularly, and towards the end I was almost completely lost. By the time I made it back to a point where I could either quit or add additional trails on, I was so exhausted and cutting my "Panic if I don't check in by now" deadline so close that I just called it good. I think I'm going to pass out now. :lol:

8. jamestyler

jamestyler Commodore Commodore

I'm exactly the same... always have been. My knees are in terrible shape so I get a little lazy with them as it can be incredibly painful. It results in test shots of me where I have to cut off at the waist.

Horribly mismatched.

Hoping forcing myself to do heavy squats as part of my new routine (about the only thing can do) will help with that.

I always cheat with that. I have a good diet (well, usually) but always reserve Sundays to eat whatever I like. I don't go overboard, but I'll give myself one or two treats to reward myself from staying away at the rest of the weekend.

I was surprised that worked while losing weight just as well as it did while bulking up.

Next week I'm going to have to really push myself to get my diet back on track - I usually supplement with high-carb snacks and some un-tasty shakes. I want to put on at least 15lbs to get me back to 200 before I go back to 230-ish.

Just have to be careful not to do what I did last time.

9. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

It doesn't help that my legs are insanely long compared to my torso, so even when they do have a bit of bulk to them, they still look really skinny. It's one of the reasons I've been trying to do more cardio. I'm hoping if I can shrink down my waste it'll make my legs look less thin.

10. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

Played Tennis on saturday for 90 mins but that does not include 2 x 45 minute walks to next town because they have actual courts. Today went to ASDA George for some clothes so thats was 3 hour on my feet.

Food been ok so far I had 1 packet of crisp so I could have a crisp sandwich for tea so A LOT LESS junk food than normal. I actually lost 4 pounds this week and I set myself target of 1 stone b4 my b/day in 9 week so migth have to increaae target.

Got a gaming weekend in 2 weeks so that will be tough cause normally a little junk food with takeaway so might still have some but cutdown and just up any excerise for that week to compensate.

11. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

I'm moving at the end of this week back to my college town. One thing that bugs me is the idea of finding a new gym. I am seriously considering sneaking into my college's rec center and work out there. I gave them enough money for tuition over the years. I should be able to use that place as long as I live!

12. RAMA

RAMA Admiral Admiral

My partner and I are doing squats this week. I haven't done squats in years!

RAMA

13. RAMA

RAMA Admiral Admiral

You're moving AGAIN?

14. Nardpuncher

Nardpuncher Rear Admiral

Why so long without squatting?

15. Nardpuncher

Nardpuncher Rear Admiral

I used to get that too, but I stopped stretching before running ( walking 5 min, start jogging slowly is how I warm up) and no more shin pain, calf pain or lower back pain from running.
    That was when I was 18, now I'm 36 (and 265lbs, about 18% fat) and still have yet to have any pain from running.
    Though I only run about once per week. Other cardio other days.

16. O'Dib

O'Dib Commodore Commodore

About 50 min. of walking uphill on the threadmill today, burned 600 cals.

17. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

It is an unfortunate side-effect of going broke. I'm moving back to take back my old job.

Also, squats suck.

18. O'Dib

O'Dib Commodore Commodore

750 cals in an hour today..

19. archeryguy1701

archeryguy1701 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Had a pretty good running week. I only ended up missing 1 run due to some scheduling confusion, and I got my long day in today. Put in about 10.5 muddy miles, which felt pretty good after I got out of the 2mile headwind. I'm only up to about 18 miles for the week, but this is the longest week I've had in months. I think I'm going to finally get my ultramarathon in this summer if things will hold together.

20. Gryffindorian

Gryffindorian Vice Admiral Admiral

My elliptical machine broke down last week, but it finally got fixed over the weekend (thanks to Dad's and brother-in-law's help). Still, I missed about five days of cardio exercise. At some point, I thought about walking in the park or just outside, since it was brighter and the weather was really nice, but I realized I didn't like the crowds, bicyclists, dog poop, traffic, etc. Now I'm slowly getting back to my routine.