Zombieland the Series is a Pickle.

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Guy Gardener, Apr 23, 2013.

1. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2090440/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

20 minute comedy using the characters from the movie starting a month or two after the movie finished.

Visually hilarious, so much gore, good action, nice writing, all I need to do now is get used to the fact that these are the wrong actors.

It took me years to accept that Sarah Michelle Ghellar was the real Buffy the Vampire Slayer, but young Linda Hamilton is still Sarah Connor, in fact in a couple months the final few people in the world that remember that there had been a Terminator TV Series would have played enough Borderlands to reset their brain.

So there's this guy with a chainsaw cutting a zombie in half while another zombie who is on fire is eating through his neck.

It's funny escapism.

2. Savage Dragon

Savage Dragon Not really all that savage Moderator

I didn't realize the series had been green-lit. I'll have to check it out.

3. Pingfah

Pingfah Fleet Admiral Admiral

Cool. I have Amazon's Lovefilm, and it's on the instant streaming. Will be watching tonight.

4. trekkiebaggio

trekkiebaggio Vice Admiral Admiral

It's not greenlit yet. Amazon have made 5 pilots available for viewing and viewer reception will determine which one goes to series.

As for Zombieland, I watched the trailer and a couple of bits made me laugh. My friend watched the pilot and said it was okay with a couple of good bits. I don't really understand why they're using the same characters as the movie because it will only suffer in unnecessary comparison.

5. Vendikarr

Vendikarr Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I think they're screwed either way. If they had used new characters, people would complaining asking where Columbus, Wichita and Tallahassee are, and that it's not Zombieland without them.

Recasting was probably the best bet.. and if it goes to series, either these actors grow into the roles. or they don't.

6. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

Amazon Prime Instant? So will it appear on Lovefilm UK, which is owned by Amazon right? Why don't they have one universally program like Netflix does because it makes the whole creating your own content easier for everyone to watch.

Saying that I 'd prefer a movie sequel.

7. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Commodore Commodore

I disagree. I do not think many would of had a problem with new characters. The appeal of the movie was the chemistry of the cast members. Without them I am not sure what defines the characters.

I am going to be surprised to see if this lasts long. People wanted a sequel with the same cast. I do not think the novelty can sustain a series.

8. Guy Gardener

The thing that distinguishes the movie from every other movie about zombies is "The Rules".

It would be convoluted to have new characters but still have the same rules.

When they made 10 things I hate about you the TV show(which was pretty funny) (and they didn't recast some of the roles.) (which was a do-over and not a sequel) they still had the same ten things he hated about her... Or was it the same ten things she hated about him?

9. PsychoPere

PsychoPere Vice Admiral Premium Member

As Pingfah said, the pilot is indeed available on Lovefilm.

It's not worth your time, however. The film is quite a lot of fun, but this pilot was painful to watch.

10. Bob The Skutter

Bob The Skutter Complete Arse Cleft In Memoriam

I thought so too. To be honest I only saw bits of the other pilots but they all seemed iffy.

11. Guy Gardener

Oh that bit at the beginning with the office folkes talking about how tragic their preZombie-Apocalypse lives are is HILARIOUS!

12. Bob The Skutter

Bob The Skutter Complete Arse Cleft In Memoriam

Not really though.

13. PsychoPere

Alpha House was slightly amusing, but its best scene was at the beginning with Bill Murray's cameo. After that, it was downhill into just lackluster territory. On the other hand, it wasn't as bad as Zombieland...

14. Guy Gardener

Alpha House is cited as a movie on IMDB.

I've deducted that they sliced up a movie into a 6 episode series.

Is this Thunderdome?

Are there a number of pilots going head to head, and only one is going to series?

15. PsychoPere

The number will probably be more than one, but that basic idea is exactly what Amazon is doing.

16. Guy Gardener

Thank you.

I feel so much more informed.

My browser is setup to resist all that streaming bunk.

Usually after I turn everything off, I still can't stream because my browser is ancient.

But I have seen a few of those pilots from the other places.

Dark Minions is very Tagg and Bink.

Those that Can't is a sad attempt at replicating Workaholics.