NFL Discussion - 2013 Season

Discussion in 'Sports and Fitness' started by tomalak301, Sep 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tighr

tighr Commodore Commodore

Retire and do what? It's not like he's working that hard for the money right now, I'd keep on doing it as long as people are willing to pay for it. He'd have just as much free time either way.

2. Sheep

Sheep Vice Admiral Admiral

Oh, absolutely. But if he should end up like Tebow, unwanted by any NFL team, he's not exactly hurting.

3. SmoothieX

SmoothieX Vice Admiral Admiral

I took a giant steaming Romo this morning. ..

4. Use of Time

Use of Time Commodore Commodore

I went to the Cowboys/Broncos game sunday and all I can say is that I hate fellow Cowboys fans more than any other fanbase. I love Romo. His biggest problem is that he plays for the Dallas Cowboys. He put the team on his back when nobody gave the Cowboys a shot against Denver and all I heard walking out of the stadium was that we needed to fire our QB who just turned in one of the best games since the introduction of the forward pass.

That team never does a damn thing to take anything off his plate. He's been shit on for the last 8 years by the media and his own fanbase and yet still suits up every Sunday and gives the team a shot. When is the last time he played an ok game and the defense bailed him out or maybe Demarco Murray took some of the pressure off. Romo is sitting at 12 TD's and 2 INT's with a QBR of 114 right now and they are 2-3 on the season. Meanwhile, Rob Ryan is laughing his ass off in New Orleans right now as the 70 year old Monte Kiffin has just endured the third game of the season in which his defense has given up over 400 yards passing. Part of me wants Romo to go somewhere else where he doesn't have to put up with this shit.

The guy has nerves of steel playing the most scrutinized position in the NFL on one of the most hated franchises in the NFL. Nobody would give him shit if he had played the same way for the Bengals the last 8 years. He had five 4th Quarter come from behind wins last year and has 18 in his career but you will never find anybody willing to acknowledge any of those. You're alright Tony.

I'm sorry but I just can't go back to that awful QB merry-go-round of Quincy Carter, Vinny Testeverde, Drew Bledsoe, Chad Hutchinson and Drew Henson.

End Rant.

5. Danny99

Danny99 Vice Admiral Admiral

^^ I think no one will be happy unless Troy Aikman in his prime steps onto the field.

6. Use of Time

Yep. Which is where 90% of that sense of entitlement comes from with Cowboys fans. I love Troy but he didn't have to deal with half of the shit that Romo does. The worst thing that ever happened to Dallas was Switzer winning a Super Bowl. It pretty much gave birth to the Jerry Jones we have now that he thinks he is the smartest guy in the room.

7. Data Holmes

Data Holmes Admiral Admiral

J. E. T. S. Jets, Jets, Jets!

8. chrisspringob

chrisspringob Commodore Commodore

~10 minutes into the Bears/Giants game, and Eli Manning has completed two more passes to Bears players than Jay Cutler has. :p

9. Use of Time

It is so bizarre with Eli this year. He looks like a five year old lost in a furniture store this year.

10. chrisspringob

chrisspringob Commodore Commodore

He's currently on pace to throw 40 interceptions this season. The all time single season record is 42.

11. Ar-Pharazon

Ar-Pharazon Admiral Premium Member

The Bears even let the Giants make it look close.

Still, we needed a win after those last 2 games.

12. Sheep

13. Use of Time

My God that is awful.

14. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

15. Sheep

Man I hope AP takes the time off if he needs it, and that no one faults him for it if he does or even if he doesn't since we all deal with grief in different ways.

16. Use of Time

It is an odd story. Apparently he didn't know he was the father of this child until a recent paternity test. He has said he will play sunday. I'm guessing he wasn't involved in this child's life but shit I know how I would feel if my wife were to move in with some deadbeat and one of my children were hurt by his hand. The rage would be unquenchable.

17. Ar-Pharazon

Ar-Pharazon Admiral Premium Member

The Bears had already lost DT's Melton & Nate Collins for the year.

Now they've lost LB D.J. Williams for the year.

FUCK!

18. Use of Time

Schaub injured...crowd cheers...Yates take over...throws pick six. Tragic.

19. Sheep

This is a blessing in disguise...gives Bostic a chance to play. DJ Williams has been, putting it diplomatically, not good.

So, bigger dumpster fire today: Texans or Vikings? Tough call.

20. 1001001

1001001 Serial Canon Violator Moderator

That Rams/Texans game was a thing of beauty!

:lol:

Rams score on offense, defense, and special teams, while Houston turns the ball over 4 times inside the Rams' 20.

So I wonder how many Texans fans are still wanting Yates as the starter now?

:shrug:

:techman:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.