TNG fans please identify yourselves ...

Discussion in 'Star Trek: The Next Generation' started by Gold Grizzly, Oct 31, 2005.

1. Etoile

Etoile Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Hi there, I'm a recently arrived newbie! I first discovered Star Trek late in the run of TNG, and my parents let me stay up late to watch "All Good Things..." I watched DS9 up until the Dominion War, at which point I got turned off. I enjoyed Voyager, but I never got to see Enterprise much so I'm just not familiar with it. And even though a few friends got together to give me the full package of TOS DVDs (because I'd only seen a large handful of episodes), TNG remains my favorite!

When I was a kid - maybe around 9 or 10 years old - I was on the old 8-bit Prodigy service. A friend and I roleplayed both online and through postal mail; I was "Counselor Troi" and he was "Lt. Commander Data" - I can only imagine what the letter carriers thought of that! I also co-wrote some fanfic in the early 90's with a friend from the old GEnie service; I recently discovered some of the old printouts and had fun reading them!

So that's me in a nutshell, at least in terms of my Trek interest. I figured I'd introduce myself here because TNG was my favorite. :)

2. Scott Pearson

Scott Pearson Writer Captain

I'm 42 and have been a Trek fan since the third grade. Obviously, I spent a lot of time with only Kirk and the gang, but I anxiously awaited TNG, hoping to finally have a regular fix of Trek again. I was not disappointed. I would be hard-pressed to decide between Picard, Data, or Worf for a favorite character. I pretty much love the entire Trek universe, but must admit--as a nostalgic kind-of-old man--that TOS will always be something special for me. But my SNW stories, while both being about Scotty, are set during his TNG years.

I prefer the character driven stuff too, especially the developement of Data and Worf. That one where Data dreams, with the shots of the bird flying . . . wow, that gets me every time.

Check out my website for some Trek-related pictures . . .

Scott

3. SmoothieX

SmoothieX Vice Admiral Admiral

Hello all, I'm a seasoned TNG spammer, but I haven't been around this particular forum here much lately.

I'm 26, so I was just the right age when TNG came out to get hooked on it. My parents were TOS/Movie fans so I had seen some reruns before TNG came out, and saw TVH in the theater.

TNG remains my favorite series to this day. I always liked how they explored humanity as much as they did the galaxy, and how conflicts were sometimes solved with ethics and morals instead of shooting. I liked the shooting too!

4. Soosh

Soosh Ensign Newbie

Hi all! I'm a newbie here to the forums! I've been watching TNG since it first began (even remember watching the first episode), thanks to my Dad who was a HUGE fan of the original Star Trek. I stayed more loyal to TNG than I did to the other shows. I felt more emotionally attached to those characters perhaps due to the storylines. The development of the characters without all the drama was more captivating to me than any silly soap opera or drama on TV even to this day.

I can only hope that one day my daughter can enjoy this show even half as much as I do. :)

5. Keith1701

Keith1701 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'm 45 male who just moved from Lawrenceville, Georgia to Warner Robins Georgia to take a job working with the American Air Force. :) :) This was a great move for me, since I retired from the Air Force in March 2001. I have been a Star Trek fan since TOS was on the air back in 1966 and I still support all that is TREK from TOS, to TNG, to DS9, to Voyager, and of course Enterprise plus the movies and much more. I have been member of the TREK BBS since 2002. :) Nice to meet all of you... :) :)

6. Scottys Bagpipes

Scottys Bagpipes Commander Red Shirt

Hi, all;

I've been around on the board for years, but mostly been a lurker. Am currently re-watching TNG, so maybe that has peaked my interest. I've been a Star Trek fan since the early 70s. I remember it being on every Sunday afternoon. I would watch it with my Dad. He usually fell asleep, but I remember fondly looking forward to sundays.

Oddly, I didn't get into TNG at first. I watched Encounter at Farpoint when it first aired. And, didn't like it. So, did not watch further. A couple of years later, my roommate was into watching it, and told me of this awesome episode where they were fighting this big cube. I managed to catch that episode (Q-who) and have been hooked ever since.

7. Squiggy

Squiggy FrozenToad Admiral

Hidy ho everybody! Uhh...a little about me.

I'm a 26 year old guy who's a Sagittarius, and I love long walks on the beach.

I've been a fan since TNG's 1st season (Skin of Evil was the first episode I saw), and I've been hooked ever since.
    To be honest, I never got into DS9 or VOY in first run, but honestly I've become a fan of both since.
    The past few months, I've discovered the wonders of Tivo and Spike TV so I'm living my 90s all over again.

8. james_father

james_father Ensign Newbie

I am a fan of Star Trek: The Next Generation.

My girlfriend at the time (now my wife of 8 years) were watching "All Good Things..." (original broadcast back in '94) and in the middle of it, a friend of hers showed up with her boyfriend to show off the motorcycle he just purchased.

We were polite and talked with them out in the driveway for 15 or 20 minutes. When we got back inside, I refused to simply start watching the show after missing so much. We waited until the end, rewound the tape (what would we have done without a VCR....funny, I can't remember the last time I watched or recorded anything with it) and watched "All Good Things..." from beginning to end. Hard to believe that was over 12 years ago now!

To this day, I don't care for my wife's friend or the idiot with the motorcycle that she ended up marrying.

9. Guest

Guest Guest

Hi, I'm a newbish. *snerk* Um, I've been a fan of TNG since I was around 12, when I first saw it because it was the only thing on TV (we only had one channel..haha).

My boyfriend bought me all seven seasons on DVD for my birthday, he's a trekkie too, although he likes TOS, and DS9 as well, and I'm not much for TOS, I'm kind of lukewarm about the other series. Maybe because I just haven't seen much of them. I also bought myself the box set of the 10 movies, and have been capping the TNG movies, because I luff them.

My favorite characters..well, I have to say I am a biiiig Data fan. :D I like Lore too, but that's just because I like the whole "Bad android" factor. It's a cool plot thing. I also think Captain Picard is the best Captain. Of the guest characters, I like Q, and the Traveller. Q because he's such an annoyance. The Traveller because, well, it's just so cool about the whole travelling all over just by thought, and having your thoughts control the universe you are in.

10. chapfan91

chapfan91 Commander Red Shirt

Hey there!
    My boyfriend is a longtime trekkie and he got me hooked on TNG a few months ago. ATM I'm ravenously devouring season 3. I've freakin' adored Data from the start, but the other crewmembers have really grown on me too.
    About ME? I'm a 20-year-old art student at the University of Hawaii with big dreams of illustrating kid's books. When not watching ST:TNG I can be found running, swimming, painting, drawing, knitting, reading David Sedaris, blogging, or just plain jamming to Led Zepplin on my iPod. (enough verbs for ya?)
    ~Erica

11. Rikerbabe

Rikerbabe Commodore Commodore

Welcome Erica!!

It's a fun place here. I like Season 3 too, especially the last episode :)

12. PlainSimpleJoel

PlainSimpleJoel Fleet Admiral Premium Member

Season 2 was okay, but it was good when they returned Bev in season 3. That was a good year. Good to see another poster from this great state (the greatest in this country!!)

13. TripTuckersGirl

TripTuckersGirl Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Hi! I'm new to this forum. I have made a few forums myself but always looked for the perfect Enterprise forum to join. I like this one because it has all the Star Treks and that's the way a forum should be! I'm glad to be here.
    Let's see, about myself, I'm studying to be in law enforcement, and I love to do ride alongs. If any of you have never done this, I encourage you to try it once or twice because it is one of the most exciting things I've ever done. I live in North Dakota and I also play basketball for my college...hmmm well, lol that's about all that I can think of about myself. I love Star Trek, my favorite would be Enterprise of course, but I also love TNG and TOS. Even Voyager is ok, but I never got into DS9. I've been a long time trekkie and I always will be!

14. WillsBabe

WillsBabe Vice Admiral Admiral

Welcome, everyone. I've been enjoying reading your messages. Hope you join in the forum and have fun. :)

15. Dancing Doctor

Dancing Doctor Admiral Admiral

I'm a 15 year old male who discovered Star Trek by being bored and spying a VHS copy of "Conscience of the King". The first TNG ep I saw was Attached, and from then on I've never looked back. I like to read pretty much anything (even gave The Devil Wears Prada a go). I like swimming, web surfing, and IMing.

Oh, and Dr. Crusher rocks!

16. ezridax19

ezridax19 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Hi all. I've been a Trekkie for as long as I can remember. I mainly hang out in the Enterprise forum but I thought I would broaden my horizons and see whats happening in the TNG forum :)

17. Spookshow

Spookshow Captain Captain

24 year old Horrorhead who's first Trek experience was with TNG. I was addicted to the show and bought all the box sets.

18. TripTuckersGirl

TripTuckersGirl Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

hey whats up? TNG fan for about 5 years now only series that I've seen every eppy of and can quote most of the eppys and name every episode from the first scene. ;) I'm good lol.

19. muse93muse

muse93muse Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Hey everyone. I am 31 and have been a fan since i was about 12. I started off with TNG and got addicted. I later got into TOS. I got married, had kids, got the mortgage and run my own biz so over the years I have faded in and out of fandom. With the advent of TIVO and Spike I have rediscovered my fascination with Star Trek.

20. VulcanJedi

VulcanJedi Captain Captain

I'm new this whole board, and i've yet to post in TNG.

TNG is a warm, friendly show to watch with the family. Makes me feel happy watching it. Fun. TOS is like that too, of course.

My favorite episodes are the ones where Data and Geordi pretend to be Sherlock Holmes and Dr. Watson.

I also like the one where Picard lives a lifetime in a short time.

Great show.