Starfleet Command III

Discussion in 'Trek Gaming' started by AlDaja, Nov 19, 2012.

1. AlDaja

AlDaja Ensign Newbie

Anyone still play this older game? Unfortuanatly, Activision/Taldron never got a chance to finish the game but when it was released they left a lot of the program open for modders and the various mods have been the high point of playing. That said, anyone mod this game? I do, so if you want pointers, ideas or have questions let me know...or any general comments/questions about the game. :vulcan:

2. daedalus5

daedalus5 Rear Admiral Moderator

Yes, I played it for the first time only the other year - it was marvelous, although I did cheat with the money code to get the best ships for the missions etc. Very good fun indeed. :) Even worked ok on my Windows 7 machine.

3. EmperorTiberius

EmperorTiberius Captain Captain

I haven't played it in a while, i might get it out.

That said, I pulled out the old Starfleet Command, and had a blast and struggled a little replaying it. I never played alien campaings, just Feds, so I might get into that next, it's like a new game :D

I do have a question, is it possible to win without joining the special taskforces of each empire? I mean can you just go and conquer the Klingons by fighting in their sectors?

4. T J

T J Commodore Commodore

:guffaw: I remember changing the game code so my weapons were like 5000 time more powerful, oh I had a ball! One or two shots were enough. Good times! :guffaw:

5. EmperorTiberius

EmperorTiberius Captain Captain

I changed the code in SFIII so that I could have cloaking devices and such, but whenever you cheat, it's no fun any more.

6. Unicron

Unicron Boss Monster Mod Moderator

I suppose it depends on the context, as some game designers include certain cheats just for fun or silliness. SFC3 doesn't have traditional cheats, but you can edit the in game values as mentioned. The one thing to never do is to set your weapons to a power of 0, because that will make the computer think there's no power available for them.

7. yochenhsieh

yochenhsieh Lieutenant Red Shirt

I still play SFC3 once for a while but don't have that much time to mod it these years. Sometimes I receive emails from players who played my mod, and it's always good to know that people do enjoy the game because of it.

8. Haggis and tatties

Haggis and tatties Vice Admiral Admiral

I remember this game had a fantastic mod that allowed online play with quite a lot of people on either team.......Dominion wars mod i think it was called.......a fantastic mod.