DK Star Trek: The Visual Dictionary

Discussion in 'Trek Literature' started by newtontomato539, Dec 3, 2012.

1. newtontomato539

newtontomato539 Commander Red Shirt

ooooooooooooh Wow! :techman::drool:

After years of fantastic Star Wars, Spider-Man, Conan, James Bond, Lego, Doctor Who, Nolan Batman, etc. books and a mention in Science Fiction Television,

DK

is

doing

Star

Trek

The

Visual

Dictionary!

I'm hoping they do separate books for the Prime TOS, TNG, DS9. Voyager, Enterprise, Bad Robot TOS, Star Trek Online, Vanguard, Titan, SCE and I.K.S. Gorkon series.

I also hope they use television, movies, prose, comics and video games for their sources.

:techman::drool:

Last edited: Dec 3, 2012
  2. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

As far as I know, it's one 90-something page book covering the six TV series and first 10 films only.

I'd kill for Trek reference books or stuff like Federation: The First 150 Years to base themselves on the novelverse, but sadly it's not gonna happen:(

3. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

I've already ordered my copy . . . .

4. ProwlAlpha

ProwlAlpha Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Hopefully, we don't get a book of episode and film reviews with information that can be taken off of Memory Alpha. Let's hope they do the same with the Star Wars universe and add good info or missing info like the registry of the Magellan. I was like come-on Haynes.

5. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

Well, to be fair, we should probably remember that this book is aimed (like most of DK's output) at the juvenile market and not hardcore Trekkies who already know all this stuff already and frequent Memory Alpha.

I'm expecting a a general, introductory volume to STAR TREK, with some nice art and photos.

6. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'm very curious about this. I don't know if I'll be buying it, but I hope to at least flip through at copy somewhere.

7. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral