Trublood Season 6 discussion *spoilers*

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Q2UnME, Jun 19, 2013.

1. hyzmarca

hyzmarca Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I'm pretty sure that most anti-vampire groups don't give a shit that vampires are murderers and many of them are probably pro-murder.

They seems to be mostly motivated by the fact that vampires and icky and different and the violence really doesn't matter to them one way or another.

2. Ryan8bit

Ryan8bit Commodore Commodore

I was wondering if he was finally turning into that werepanther. Probably not though.

3. Q2UnME

Q2UnME Commodore Commodore

Well, Episode aired here in the States last night. Anyone else watch? Couple of thoughts:

* Pacing of the show seems to be picking up. Every scene seems to advance or contribute to one of the various story lines. Not much filler. Possibly due to losing two episodes this season.

* Still do not like the writing for the Warewolves story lines. Did the current batch of writers completely miss previous seasons? Alcide and Rikki are acting completely out of caracture as compared to the past.

* So it is possible to have a Fairy Vampire. Intresting. Vampires that can walk in the daylight and eat normal food too.

* Anna Paquin lost those baby pounds quickly; she's almost too thin now.

* Going to be intresting to see what "Billith" is going to do to save Jessica's butt after she snacked on ALL of Andy's Fay daughters.... Turn them all?

Your thoughts?

Q2

4. Mister Fandango

Mister Fandango Fleet Captain

I was a little disappointed with who Warlow ended up being. Was way too predictable, but c'est la vie.

And yes, Alcide isn't making any sense. At first it could be written off due to the vampire blood he took, but it's been a couple days now hasn't it? Why is he still acting like a douchenozzle?

5. Count Zero

Count Zero No nation but procrastination Moderator

Well, I didn't expect the turn of events there at the end. Poor Jessica. I hope Andy's kids aren't dead. Obviously, Andy will enter the scene at the worst possible moment in the next episode.

Ben/Warlow is an interesting villain - he showed something like compassion for Jason and I have no idea what his plans with Sookie really are. After all, he doesn't need her blood.

As for Alcide and his pack, I agree that he (and his father) is wildly out of character this season. I guess we can't have any decent people on this show.

The Pam/Tara/Eric and the governor storyline is just plain weird and kind of awkward. It should probably be at the centre of the show this season but it's somewhat tedious.

6. ITL

ITL Vice Admiral Admiral

Pam is getting nothing this season. Hardly any screen time, and what there is consists of the same snark with Tara, Eric shouting at her again or both.

7. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

Jessica fed on Andy's fairy kids? Wow. :rommie: Too bad I won't have a chance to watch till probably Wednesday....

8. Count Zero

Yeah, I really hope that part of the show improves soon.

9. Q2UnME

Q2UnME Commodore Commodore

Well, for those few who are still watching, another episode on HBO last night. I actually thought this last episode was pretty good. Plenty of good character moments for just about everyone, including Pam. Felt sorry for Andy, having lost 3 out of his 4 Fay daughters. The "Billith" / Warlow scenes were pretty good, but Bill's story line is starting to get a bit old. Too much chest puffing and the like...

Episode bonus: More naked Lylith. I can just see the clauses in this actresses contract "You'll always be naked during filming" ;)

Q2

10. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

Still watching but it seems to have kind of gone off the rails a bit. Everything seems really disjointed to me, I haven't found this season to be very compelling. I did enjoy 3500 B.C. as being a beach somewhere, lol.

11. RJDiogenes

I'm still watching and enjoying the craziness and the nudity. The twists in the storyline of Sookie's parents were interesting and I like how Bill can control Warlow. Then we had Lafayette's seance and Pam in therapy. And Jessica buzzed on Fay blood and Terry putting out a hit on himself. And poor Andy.

How can anybody not love it? :rommie:

12. Count Zero

So I'm not the only one on here still watching. Phew. This season is really fast-moving and I, for one, have no idea where they're going with the Warlow storyline. I wonder if this is the last season of the show and it will end with vampires being able to walk in sunlight thanks to synthetic fairy blood. Also, what will happen when humans drink it?

I can't believe on how many different cliffhangers the last episode ended. Sookie being drowned, Terry ordering his own murder, Alcide's Dad spotting Sam, Eric and Pam facing off and I probably forgot one or two.

I feel really sorry for Andy. I had hoped his daughters would survive somehow.

13. Tom

Tom Vice Admiral Admiral

14. Mister Fandango

I'm rather enjoying this season. Probably because Warlow is the only one fawning over Sookie and everyone else is actually involved in something interesting. And Warlow is interesting, too. I'm still wondering why he spit out all of Naill's blood, myself. I wonder if that's implying that someone else hit the faerie night club and drank all of them dry...

Anyway, Pam's therapy session made me laugh. Before this is over, she's going to do some serious damage to that shrink. You just know it...

15. RJDiogenes

When he saved her with the vial of vampire blood, it made me wonder why Bill and Jessica didn't even try to save them.

:bolian:

16. Mister Fandango

Heck, I'm just confused about the whole process of turning someone into a vampire now.

I guess draining them dry and feeding them blood only works if, for some reason, you throw them into a grave? But if you just drain them dry and feed them blood they're like "oh, hey, I feel better now, thanks."

Kind of random.

17. RJDiogenes

I think they have to actually die with vampire blood in them to become a vampire. Or is that Vampire Diaries?

18. Savage Dragon

Savage Dragon Not really all that savage Moderator

I got the impression that being interred with their maker was the key ingredient for creating a new vampire.

19. RJDiogenes

I think you're right. Pam did it with Tara and Eric did it with the governor's daughter.

20. Mister Fandango

While we see them do that, I have trouble thinking that's a requirement of the process. I certainly can't see vampires like Eddie or Mike Spencer having been created that way. And wasn't there talk about mass conversions taking place to create foot soldiers?

And was Jessica created that way? I kind of remember her just being buried with Bill looming over the grave.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2013