DC's New 52: Reviews and Discussion (Spoilers welcolme and likely)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by JD, Aug 30, 2011.

1. Leroy

Leroy Commodore Commodore

Where is the JSA supposed to be in all the new 52 business? or is all of this just an elaborate plot to erase them all?

2. Saga

Saga Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

the more i read about Curse of Shazam and Earth 2 the more worried i get.

3. OdoWanKenobi

OdoWanKenobi Admiral Admiral

Pretty much everything I've read about Earth 2 so far makes me not want to read it at all.

4. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

I was willing to give a chance, now I don't care about it at all.

5. the G-man

the G-man Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

6. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

I keep thinking the wind has blown his collar over his head.

7. the G-man

the G-man Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

It's a hoodie. He's gangsta now. Kids love that gangsta stuff.
    Sincerely,
    DC Marketing Dept.

8. shivkala

shivkala Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Time for something to wipe clean all of the bad taste those previews left with a preview of Swamp Thing #7.

That is just pure awesome there. I love the twist Snyder throws in. I want this book, now!

9. Hound of UIster

Hound of UIster Vice Admiral Admiral

Another miss. It seems Snyder is actively avoiding turning Alec into the Swamp Thing.

10. Admiral_Young

Robinson's description of Earth 2 makes me wonder once again why Dan Didio bragged about this series being the return of the Justice Society when Robinson himself clearly states in the interview that it isn't the JSA but Earth 2, and yes I'm well aware that it was never going to be the return of the DCU Justice Society. Seems to me the JSA are just supporting characters in this series, or barely there at all. It just seems like another run of the mill alternate Earth story LOL. Bad job on you DC. It also seemed like that Earth 2 has just gone through its own version "Flashpoint" type event or some kind of crisis type event, or is in one. Yeah, I'll be avoiding this.

11. Icemizer

Icemizer Commodore Commodore

I on the other Admiral am eagerly awaiting the E2 series. Seems like they are taking this E2 stuff into the realm of the Ultimates. For me that would be a good thing. Not knowing if your favorite character will survive is always a good thing when reading a book.

12. Derishton

Derishton Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm with Admiral Young, but I see Icemizer's point: from a marketing standpoint "Ultimates Justice League" has some potential. And I'm still looking forward to Huntress/PG.

Not much from DC on my list tomorrow: Action, Men of War, maybe Stormwatch and the new Night Force. I'm definitely trying Hell Yeah from Image, and maybe the newest Fables spin-off. The latter might have something to do with the cover ...

13. Leroy

Leroy Commodore Commodore

I like how the book is getting back to its roots (no pun intended) and is more of a horror comic than a superhero comic.

That's because it's the other way around Swamp Thing is supposed to become Alec Holland instead of Alec Holland becoming Swamp Thing.

14. Derishton

Derishton Vice Admiral Admiral

I thought it was a visual reference to the Assassin's Creed games, but that may not be much better.

15. Allyn Gibson

Allyn Gibson Vice Admiral Admiral

My hope is that Gary Frank will draw The World's Mightiest Mortal to look just like Fred MacMurray in the same way that he draws Superman to look like Christopher Reeve. It's only fair. :)

16. Mike Farley

Mike Farley Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

EARTH 2 might not be the book I was hoping for, but that doesn't mean it'll be bad. I'll give it a chance.

17. Admiral_Young

Action Comics #7:A pretty good issue, not great, but good. Clark discovers finally where he is from, we encounter Brainiac 1.0 finally as he reveals himself. The people of Metropolis have started chanting Superman's name as they realize they need a hero to save them. Lex is still Lex and Clark finally dons his action suit for the first time :) I can't wait to see next month's issue.

18. OdoWanKenobi

OdoWanKenobi Admiral Admiral

Wow. Not a single pull for me this week. That makes me kinda sad.

19. Hound of UIster

Hound of UIster Vice Admiral Admiral

Actually he is not really Brainiac. He is a living world mind made of the computer systems from across the galaxy, which includes Brainiac, but also the internet.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2012
  20. Admiral_Young

Yeah I get that he is called many things on many worlds...but the Kryptonians called him Brainiac so I'm calling him that as well. Even the DC blog calls him the "All New Brainiac". It's clear he is Morrison's concept of a new Brainiac.