What are you looking forward to in Trek?

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by F. King Daniel, Nov 11, 2012.

?

What are you looking forward to in Trek? Tick all that apply

1. Star Trek Into Darkness

31 vote(s)
    66.0%
  2. The Next Generation on Bluray

12 vote(s)
    25.5%
  3. Enterprise on Bluray

8 vote(s)
    17.0%
  4. Star Trek Renegades fan series pilot

6 vote(s)
    12.8%
  5. Star Trek Phase II, Continues, other fan films

6 vote(s)
    12.8%
  6. The ongoing monthly Trek novel series'

14 vote(s)
    29.8%
  7. The various Trek comics

8 vote(s)
    17.0%
  8. The Star Trek videogame (set between Star Trek XI and Into Darkness)

5 vote(s)
    10.6%
  9. Other

6 vote(s)
    12.8%
  10. Vague hope of something better in the future

19 vote(s)
    40.4%
  11. Nothing. It all sucks and I don't know why I'm still here.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

Tick all that apply. What are you looking forward to in Trek?

In six months' time Star Trek Into Darkness is released, shortly before that comes the Gorn-tastic prequel videogame (simply titled Star Trek). There's the monthly tie-in comic book Star Trek Ongoing, bridging the gap between movies with recycled alternate reality versions of TOS episodes and some original stories.

The Next Generation in HD, season two+. Including an extended version of."Measure of a Man"

Interviews have recently been recorded for Enterprise's (as yet unannounced) Bluray release.

The Prime-universe adventures of TNG, DS9, Voyager and Titan continue in the monthly novels (the present of which is about five years post-Nemesis). A string of new TOS novels is coming out early next year too.

There are occasional comics like Brannon Braga's Hive, with their own ideas about what happened next in the Prime universe.

If Star Trek Renegades meets their Kickstarter goal of $200,000 they'll produce a pilot film starring Tim Russ, Walter Koenig, Robert Picardo, Garratt Wang and a ton of other Trek veterens. They hope to make a fan-funded web series with CBS' blessing.

Star Trek Phase II have three episodes nearing completion. Other high profile fan projects like Star Trek Continues are busy making new Treks too.

2. T'Girl

T'Girl Vice Admiral Admiral

I am really looking forward to see this "director's cut" of the episode one day, but I won't buy a whole new disc set just to see it.

I'm planning on seeing the next movie while it's still in the theaters. The last movie was lacking and my friends and I won't be going the opening weekend, likely wait until the following week.

Phase II is alway good (imo), and a web series would definitely get my attention.

I planning to try a few of the new TOS novels. But I haven't been generally impressed with the novels for the past several years, and so rarely buy them. It happen when the novels disconnected from the show itself, went their own direction. They are different than the older novels, which I find superior.

I want to go to a large convention next summer sometime, haven't been to one in years, I have alway had a good time at my previous convention visits. Be great if I could combine a convention with a visit to New York City.

:)

Last edited: Nov 11, 2012
  3. 6079SmithW

6079SmithW Vice Admiral Admiral

The only thing I am looking forward to is Into Darkness. I don't care about the other stuff.

4. Mage

Mage Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Into Darkness ofcourse, though I'm not looking forward to fanboys who will hate for the sake of hating. Good change I'll avoid the forums like the plague by then, just so I won't have to suffer some of those know-it-alls.

And the novels. I love the novels. The current novels are telling some of the best stories Trek has ever offered, in my opinion. Destiny, the situation with the Typhon Pact. The first novel of Cold Equations was fantastic. Voyager is actually interesting thanks to Kirsten Beyers. David R George III is showing he has a great grasp of the DS9 characters, both old AND new. Vanguard sadly ended, but thank God for the work Mack, Ward, Dayton and others have done their. The DTI novels showed us there's more then just Starfleet. Sadly, only Martin's substandard work on Titan has been a bit of dark spot. And again, all in my humble opinion.

A lot of fans complain that there is no new Trek anymore, since we haven't had a tv-show in ages. I say, grab some of those novels and be amazed by how BIG the Trek universe has actually become.

5. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

TNG on Blu-ray, the video game, the novels, Into Darkness. In that order.

6. Wally

Wally Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Into Darkness, obviously, and the novels. They really have been great the last few years. Enjoy having the characters having an opportunity to grow and develop.

7. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

Into Darkness, the next VOY novel, the next Hive comic, Renegades if it happens (trailer was OMG with the actors) and other: A NEW SERIES which I still hope for someday.

8. sbk1234

sbk1234 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Into Darkness, definately. Although I want to see other Trek stuff, like GOOD fan films, novels, etc. the new film seems to be the only "official" Trek we have to look forward do.

9. teacake

Sometimes I can hardly believe that after nearly 50 years since the start of Trek we are getting a whole new wonderful film with a wonderful cast to look forward to. It's amazing.

10. JiNX-01

JiNX-01 Admiral Admiral

Other: I'm looking forward to Star Trek becoming real.

Specifically: Humanity setting out to explore deep space and make contract with other (preferably friendly) sentient life forms.

11. Awesonne

Awesonne Ensign Red Shirt

Into the Darkness and, hopefully, a new series.

12. -Brett-

-Brett- Vice Admiral Admiral

The movie might be okay, but I doubt it'll be great or even good. I've spent too much money on DVD's to start all over with blurays. No on the high budget fan fiction. :barf: Novels have been god-awful lately, even by media tie-in standards. I'm over twelve, so comics are out. The track record for Star Trek video games is not good, to say the least.

So yeah. Vague hope of something better in the future.

13. teacake

I'm glad I'm not you :lol:

14. Bry_Sinclair

Bry_Sinclair Vice Admiral Admiral

Vague hope of something better in the future. I will go and see STID, but feeling really pretty 'meh' towards it. I want a new series/miniseries whether live action or animated.

15. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

You and I sir, have clearly not been reading the same recent Star Trek novels:vulcan:

(unless you were reading Enterprise, which was utterly awful, letting down the entire line and thank goodness has been given to another author)

16. lurok

lurok Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Lost in the EU expanse with a nice cup of tea
    Damn. Forgot to multiple choice. Movie is a given and more interested in extras on ENT blu-ray than set itself. But genuinely intrigued about Renegades (seeing as a TV series unlikely for a while) and hope they succeed.

17. RAMA

RAMA Admiral Admiral

For a franchise pronounced "DEAD" in 2006, it has a remarkably successful life of the undead. I wish I could post a list of these projects to all those people who predicated no ST project of any kind will ever happen again. LOL There were lots of them, and very vocal. :guffaw:

RAMA

18. RAMA

RAMA Admiral Admiral

STNG Bluray
    Into Darkness
    Enterprise bluray

In that order. The Into Darkness production team has done nothing to pique my interest over and above what it would normally be.

RAMA

19. Awesonne

Awesonne Ensign Red Shirt

Didn't know about this lol, I can't really imagine Star Trek dying. Maybe I'm too optimistic, but the worst case I can think of is a long time without a related tv series.

20. Temis the Vorta

Temis the Vorta Fleet Admiral Admiral

Vague Hope of Something Better Into Darkness. ;)