Star Trek Online Discussion Thread (now free to play!)

Discussion in 'Trek Gaming' started by daedalus5, Sep 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SeerSGB

SeerSGB Admiral Admiral

Well fuck. The server is max-loaded. I'm number 1020 waiting for a log in slot.

2. Amaris

Amaris Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yeah, I was lucky. Well, vigilant is more apt. I had the launch window open, and was talking to the folks on the STO forum. The moment someone said "we're green!" I was off like a shot. I barely got in, though. The mission is fun, and you get some great views of the old girl before she's finally yours.

I'll get on later to have fun with her, but right now the servers are packed, and lag is obscene, so good luck to all of you!

3. SeerSGB

SeerSGB Admiral Admiral

Well at least we've got 14 days (event end 2/14). Isn't the Ambassador suppose to go available as a Tier 3 (Freebie) ship after this event?

Time of mission, what's it look like for the rest of us bastards stuck on the sidewalk?

4. Timelord Victorious

Timelord Victorious Vice Admiral Admiral

5. sbk1234

sbk1234 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Fun little mission, but BOY! Denise Crosby couldn't act her way out of a paper bag!

6. Amaris

You get a Tier 3 and a Tier 5, and you can open both boxes or just one or the other. I put my Tier 3 in the bank and opened the Retrofit.

As for the mission, it takes about 20 minutes. I thought it was fun, and there's a scene that actually caught my breath, and I won't give it away, but maybe you'll feel the same way.

Not if her life depended on it. :lol:
    Still, it was great to hear her as part of the story. :D

7. Timelord Victorious

Timelord Victorious Vice Admiral Admiral

Yeah, she was phoning in her lines.... she was much better on screen.

though to be fair, her lines were not exactly great material, mostly boring exposition.

8. SeerSGB

SeerSGB Admiral Admiral

Got her. Caps later. I'm running late for an appointment--but by god, I wasn't leaving till I got my slot. :lol:

9. sbk1234

sbk1234 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Is it just me, or did they tweak the graphics?

10. CorporalClegg

CorporalClegg Admiral Admiral

How long does the event run and how long do the quests take to complete?

I'd love to get the ship but might not have a change to log in till next week.

11. Amaris

The event runs until February 14th, and the actual mission takes about 20 minutes to complete. After that, you're given two ships. A Tier 3 and a Tier 5 Retrofit.

12. Kchunda

Kchunda Commander Red Shirt

Thanks for that link - enjoyed it!

13. Aeolusdallas

Aeolusdallas Captain Captain

I love his recaps. His Voyager ones are priceless and his Prime Directive rant is epic.

14. SeerSGB

SeerSGB Admiral Admiral

Going to cap later. Impressions: Mission was underwhelming, but the Ambassador looks lovely and she's got a pretty good punch right out of the box.

Any one run into a glitch on the Klingon version of it? I was running the mission, got to the end, when I went to collect it said "Redacted" in the mission box. But it dropped the loot in my inventory.

15. Amaris

My Ambassador class was named INVALIDNAME when I got it. :D

16. intrinsical

intrinsical Commodore Commodore

I thought it was a good mission, especially fun if you talked to every single NPC. It is kinda like Doctor Who's "Turn Left" except we get to know what happened to our allies and enemies in this alternate timeline.

17. T J

T J Commodore Commodore

I thought it was a fun little mission, love my Ambassador! It's weird to see so many of them around spacedock. It's been a bit since I was in a straight cruiser so I have to readjust. Happy 3 years STO!

18. misskorya

misskorya Ensign Newbie

Indeed, happy three years Star Trek Online and to many more years to come. [Now that I have my Ambassador I want my Niagara, Springfield, and New Orleans!]

19. T J

T J Commodore Commodore

While we're at it I'd like to get my hands on a Constellation class.:borg:

20. Hartzilla2007

Hartzilla2007 Vice Admiral Admiral

I know I like mine, I even went and put my character and BOs in TNG uniforms before using it, The reason so many people might be using it is that despite the not as good as a fleet ship thing it is like an assault cruiser with an extra science power so it's a good ship.

You know the lack of the Zhukov-variant in the customization menu makes me wonder if they might release a Z-store version st some point especially seeing as the T5 version is a limited time thing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.