10 new episodes of Arrested Development coming before the movie

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by CommodoreKong, Oct 3, 2011.

1. 23skidoo

23skidoo Admiral Admiral

Updates: the entire cast has signed on, and apparently production has either already begun or has at least reached the "offices and parking spaces" stage, to quote the story published yesterday.

Plan currently calls for Netflix to distribute a 10-episode season in 2013 followed by a movie, though it doesn't say whether or not the movie is contingent on how well the season goes.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/...-episodes-cast_n_1241409.html?ref=mostpopular

Still waiting for any word as to whether this will be available to folks who don't want to tithe to Netflix, i.e. a DVD/Blu-ray release later or broadcast, or availablity outside the US. (Netflix being available internationally doesn't mean the show will be. And as many people say regarding cable networks, not everyone can get nor wants Netflix.)

One of the sad things is Arrested Development missed out on capitalizing on things like the Housing Crisis and the recession; although I agree with the folks who posted earlier questioning whether revisiting AD is a good idea, you can't deny they're going to have a lot of story material to work with based on the stuff that's happened since it left the air.

Alex

2. PsychoPere

PsychoPere Vice Admiral Premium Member

Mitch Hurwitz and a few cast members appeared at a Netflix event today, and Hurwitz expanded a little bit on plans for the new season.

3. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

All the episodes are going to be released at the same time? That's awesome!

4. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

5. PsychoPere

Netflix did the same with Lilyhammer when it "premiered" on the service, and I assume that show and AD will form a pattern for future original series.

6. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

I hope so. One of the reasons that I don't watch TV anymore is because I don't like waiting a week for each new episode.

7. PsychoPere

8. Temis the Vorta

Temis the Vorta Fleet Admiral Admiral

I guess I should hurry up and watch the existing episodes now, huh?

9. PsychoPere

You don't necessarily have to rush. The new season won't premiere on Netflix until early next year, so there's plenty of time.

10. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

Yeah, but she needs to give herself plenty of time to re-watch the show when she's finished and just has to see it all again.

11. TheGodBen

TheGodBen Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'd say you'd need to watch the series at least three times or more because of all the background jokes you wont get until rewatching, such as all the gags about Buster's hand. Hell, the last time I rewatched the show was last year, and I was still finding jokes that I hadn't noticed before. I once read a rumour that there was going to be a revelation that Tobias was an albino black man and that some of the set-up gags were still in the show, and while it sounds too outlandish to be true, with AD I just can't be sure.

12. Temis the Vorta

13. PsychoPere

14. Temis the Vorta

Time for a thread bump, I'm about five episodes into the first season, this show is GREAT! :D

Definitly not a broadcast style show, tho. It should have been on cable.

15. Temis the Vorta

What nobody wants to yak about this show? :D I'm almost thru with S1, and I have a sickening feeling that

Maybe is going to turn out to be George Michael's sister through some comically horrific turn of events...were Michael and his wife also doing in-vitro feritlization to conceive George Michael at the same time as Lindsay and Tobias? Lindsay's fetuses didn't "take" while Michael and his wife's resulted in a successful pregnancy, so in a burst of Lindsay-logic that since they were twins, Michael's fetuses were the same as if they were hers, Lindsay bribes someone at the clinic to give her one of Michael's "extras," and Maybe is the result...

16. Mister Fandango

Mister Fandango Fleet Captain

That's both far too simple and far too complex for this show. ;) The reality of the situation is much more better and more humorous, at least in my opinion. Also, it's Maeby. Who'd name their child Maybe? Come on now.

17. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

I'd talk about it, but I don't want to spoil things. I tend to watch the show in giant marathons, so I can't keep straight what happens in which episodes.

18. 1001001

1001001 Serial Canon Violator Moderator

One of my favorite shows of all time. I can't believe you're just finding the Bluth Family. Good for you! It's great to stumble across a gem you've missed.

Tobias Funke is so damn funny I'm laughing now just thinking about him.

:lol:

It's crisp, clever, and bizarre. I don't want to get into quoting things since you have so far to go, but there's at least a whole thread's worth of awesome quotes from this show.

Enjoy!

19. Temis the Vorta

I'm getting close to the end, it's all been good except for the British stuff which kinda didn't work, just too pointlessly goofy.

Seeing a disturbing amount of clues pointing towards
    Michael indeed being Maeby's real dad (he said "Marry Me!" just like Maeby does and there was a reference to her curly hair and inexplicably Michael's as well, even though Jason Bateman's hair is more spiky with points) plus Tobias being George Michael's real father (posing next to the kid statue with disembodied hand), but there was also a clue that Michael is Steve Holt!'s father, so maybe he's everyone's dad, including Julia Louie-Dryfuss's kid, although if they're going that far, they should just have Buster be everyone's dad and have done with it.

With just 6 episodes or so to go, I don't see how they can figure out how to explain all of this, so it's probably my overactive imagination. :p

20. Temis the Vorta

Check it out - tenth most loyal fanbase, not just counting TV but also movies, books, music, celebs and humorists. Not too shabby! :)