Goal.com is reporting that Moyes to be sacked

Discussion in 'Sports and Fitness' started by EmoBorg, Apr 21, 2014.

1. EmoBorg

EmoBorg Commodore Commodore

2. sttngfan1701d

sttngfan1701d Commodore Commodore

Not a Man Utd fan, but even as a neutral I thought he was the wrong choice the second he was appointed. He isn't a winner. Nothing in his previous 11 years at Everton suggested he could be a championship-level guy, and top clubs like Man Utd want to win even in transitional phases.

It just hasn't worked from day one. Botched transfers, players unhappy with training and tactics, mishandling the media. Calling bad performances "good." Making excuses. Getting rid of all of Ferguson's backroom staff, hugely destabilizing the club.

Ordinarily I like to see managers given time but this should've happened months ago. I wouldn't trust this guy with a huge transfer kitty if I was chairman. He's out of his depth. I think he's a good manager if you want a solid, top 10 team. But he's not the guy to take you the extra step and WIN.

3. Relayer1

Relayer1 Admiral Admiral

I hope he stays...

4. EmoBorg

As a Gunners fan, i also hope that he stays. ;)

5. Orac Zen

Orac Zen Mischief Manager Super Moderator

Good riddance to bad rubbish.

He can take the Glazers with him on the way out.

6. Relayer1

Relayer1 Admiral Admiral

Well, as the team I used to support (Wolves) ain't in the Prem, I don't suppose it affects me any, but I've really enjoyed seeing United back to being 'just a football team' and I do hope Liverpool make the most of their opportunity. They are one of our great teams and overdue a title.

7. Paul Weaver

Paul Weaver Vice Admiral Premium Member

Not really a sports fan, however my family are wolves supporters. I was brought up near Manchester, so man utd are the old enemy.

It's sad what's happened to them. It's a shame they haven't been relegated either to really rub it in.

It's a good example to use when people ask if managers really make a difference

8. EmoBorg

9. Garak

Garak Cruisin' Premium Member

As a Gunners fan you should pray every night that it's Wenger getting sacked. ;)

10. EmoBorg

It is hard for Wenger to be sacked. He is making money for the club and for the investors with his cost saving ways. He does enough to get the Club into the lucrative Champions league every year but does not spend enough to buy the players who could help the club win something.

That is why players like Fabregas, Nasri and Persie realized that and left. Wenger is a company man.

Look at Moyes. He got sacked right after the Man U missed out the chance to play in the Champions League next year, when they lost to Everton recently. It is all about the money.

11. sttngfan1701d

sttngfan1701d Commodore Commodore

I wouldn't say it's ALL about the money, but that's a big motivating factor, yes. Mathematically missing out on the Champion's League places just gave Man Utd the excuse to fire Moyes. By all accounts the actual decision was made months ago when he reportedly lost the dressing room. Once the players don't buy into the boss, it's over.

Here's a guy that is near-universally respected by his former players at Everton, who was apparently a tough taskmaster and could really deliver a hairdryer at halftime, who got his teams to play with attack and verve....yet when he gets to Man Utd, he's run out of town by players who immediately hated him and saw right through him. I guess because he was the only guy in the room who hadn't won a trophy.

I feel for him, but he never got it right. Clubs like Man Utd need a winning ego as a manager above all.