Official Final Typhon Pact blurbs

Discussion in 'Trek Literature' started by JD, May 3, 2010.

1. Man of Steel

Man of Steel Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I deleted statement.

I retract Statement.

I wasn't implying anything by said statement.

2. Brefugee

Brefugee No longer living the Irish dream. Premium Member

Good for you, but you did say it, it's remaining in what I quoted and no, you didn't imply Bashir with a beard looked like a terrorist, you said out right that he did.

3. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

Though there are exceptions. The image of the young Carol Marcus on the Inception cover is based on the cover image of a '70s TV magazine with a story about a movie Bibi Besch was in. Not sure how the rights issue works with an actress who's no longer with us.

4. Stevil2001

Stevil2001 Vice Admiral Admiral

Yeah, and the Doctor Who audio drama Master used an image of Sylvester McCoy that wasn't from Who as I recall... but on the other hand, when they wanted to give Paul McGann a beard on the cover of Other Lives, some Photoshop magic had to be employed.

5. langdonboom

langdonboom Lieutenant Red Shirt

My favorite part of this great all-around blurb:

Hearing that we might get a tid bit of what Sisko did during the Borg invasion!

6. Rush Limborg

Rush Limborg Vice Admiral Admiral

Four thoughts:

1) Ezri looks absolutely BEAUTIFUL! :luvlove:

(Somehow you just KNEW I was gonna say that, didn't you? ;))

2) Bashir looks supremely awesome. And I mean...CHUCK NORRIS awesome!!!

(I'm serious...he's almost a dead-ringer!)

3) Either David Mack has an ego heathy enough to rival mine--or the marketers are finally giving him All Due Respect.

4) (most importantly...) The fact that Ezri and Julian are on the cover--and that Sarina is noticeably absent--to say nothing of the fact that Ezri's looking in Julian's direction...

Is that saying something? Hmm....

Last edited: May 5, 2010
  7. DeVario

DeVario Commodore Commodore

That's a very nice cover. I like the colors and the overall design. Ezri and Bashir look great. Kind of funny how Ezri is now Julian's superior officer. I hope the remaining TP covers are released soon.

8. Rush Limborg

Yeah--especially considering their moment in Avatar, Part II, where they joke that at this rate, she would soon outrank him...

BTW...Julian is now a full Commander...the same rank as a certain other super-spy, which he loves to emulate....:cool:

9. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

Ezri's got the bad hair again! :scream:

Considering all the hype, I expected the USS Aventine to be front-and-center, hogging all the limelight.

10. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

IMHO that probably has more to due with the fact that Sarina was just a minor (to the average public at least) guest star, while Julian and Ezri were main credits regulars.

11. Dayton Ward

Dayton Ward Word Pusher Rear Admiral

^ Let the boy dream.

;)

12. Rush Limborg

(sigh)

"Grow up, 007...."

Seriously--that "minor character thing" didn't stop Carol Marcus and Leila from ending up on Inception--and neither of them appeared more than once. Sarina beats them both, appearance-wise--and I think they could have easily put three faces on the cover, instead of two....

"But Rush, but Rush--Carol and Leila were central characters in that one!"

Well...?

Besides--I would imagine there to be a specific reason that the Aventine/Captain Ezri entry in the Typhon Pact series would feature Julian Bashir. As a rule, I cannot believe something this...ironic...would be a mere coincidence. There must be some sort of reason these two are actually made to be together in the same book again--a purpose.

I'm putting my money on a triangle--or some kind of inner conflict for Bashir or Ezri, at the very least. You all can quote me on this--and if I end up embarrasingly wrong, I swear...I...personally...will lead the round of roasting at my expense!

But hey--worse case scenario: If Bashir concludes in this book that Sarina is indeed his True Love, and Ezri ends up crying herself to sleep (if she reacts to this at all)...well, Kira's involvement with Shakkar didn't keep her from eventually ending up with Odo--so no matter what happens, I'll pick up this book and LIKE it....

(Meanwhile, I'll be logging in my mind a specific agenda for my profic....:cool:)

13. Dayton Ward

Dayton Ward Word Pusher Rear Admiral

:rolleyes:

Get a sense of humor. Or, just put me on ignore.

14. Rush Limborg

I have a sense of humor!

In the Network...I am considered very amusing. :borg:

(Seriously, Mr. Ward...I was merely joining in, by playing the "straight man". Specifically, I was quoting Desmond Llewellyn's Q, his typical reaction to Pierce Brosnan's James Bond.

C'mon--do you think I was really offended by something so mediocre as "Let the boy dream"?

Besides--why the heck would I want to put you on ignore? I'm far too much of a masochoist for that. ;))

15. Man of Steel

Man of Steel Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I'm sorry. He actually happens to look pretty good with a beard.

16. captcalhoun

captcalhoun Admiral Admiral

nice cover.

17. Rush Limborg

Okay...just trying to scrounge up what reputation I have left. ;)

Out of curiosity...how long should it be before we see the blurbs for the other two?

Or do we have to wait until "Shore Leave" for that?

(Either way, looking forward to whatever info comes our way, come July.)

18. Deranged Nasat

Deranged Nasat Vice Admiral Admiral

My Grandfather regularly jokes that I look like a "terrorist" with my beard, due to its general scruff. I'm not Middle Eastern/Arab in appearance. Why do you automatically assume the actor's racial apperance had any bearing on the comment?

He never once mentioned race as a factor in his making that comment.

19. Rush Limborg

^Good man--although, again, I don't see a terrorist look with Bashir.

[​IMG]

Again--especialy with the bushy moustache...I still think Jules is goin' for the Chuck Norris look.

(And believe me--nothing says "Genetically Enhanced Superman" like CHUCK NORRIS! 70 years old--and counting....)

[Maybe Julian's hoping for better luck with the ladies? Hmm...a month or so after the book...

Bashir: Ezri...I haven't been sleeping well since the rescue.

Ezri: Well, Simon has something that can fix that....

Bashir: (grinning) What I need...I can't get from Dr. Tarses.... Captain...do you think it might be possible...for two people...to go back in time...and fix a mistake they made...?

Ezri: (smiling) On this ship? Anything's possible....

(They start to kiss--and then--)

Ezri: (shoves him away) UGH!

Bashir: What?

Ezri: (pushing him out the door) Julian--get rid of the beard!

Bashir: I kiss you and you say--?

(door closes on him)

Hey...a man can dream, eh? :cool:]

20. Deranged Nasat

Deranged Nasat Vice Admiral Admiral

:lol: He does look a bit like Chuck Norris.