Idea: Star Trek Short Films Project

Discussion in 'Future of Trek' started by BrentMc, Sep 4, 2013.

1. BrentMc

BrentMc Commander Red Shirt

I have had an idea in mind to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the show. There are a lot of actors from the Star Trek Series who would like to reprise their roles. What if we had a series of character-focused short films? You could even use sets owned by fans, such as the Enterprise-D bridge that was restored. Would you guys like to see something like that?

2. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

Babylon 5 tried that with The Lost Tales. Other than the thrill of seeing B5 in modern CG glory, it was awful.

3. surak-toc

surak-toc Commander Red Shirt

i would love to see that, done the right way it will work great.

4. BrentMc

I agree it has to be done right. Otherwise it could be awful.

5. Kirk the Jerk

Kirk the Jerk Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

What in a sort of Lost-style one or two characters per episode/short movie? Including flashbacks and a new story in each.. Yeah I could see that working again if done in the right way, even though I hated Lost :rommie:

6. BrentMc

You wouldn't have to have flashbacks, such as people saying "remember when" etc. They could just be short films set whenever you want (as far as makeup would allow an actor to appear younger or older). They could be written and directed by different people, so some could be with just a few characters, but you could do another with a large cast. Maybe later I will have time to type up some concepts to give you a better idea of what I mean.

7. Kirk the Jerk

Kirk the Jerk Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Would love to see what you have in mind. I think I meant more towards the idea of starting each with some sort of flashback relevant to the character maybe 1/2 minutes and that's it, not keep dipping in and out of random ones. Or the 'flashback' could be set a few years after we last saw them so you wouldn't necessarily have to make them look younger and just continue from there. Lost was a really bad example :scream:

8. BrentMc

I don't think we need a "remember when" opening. I think we could give clues, like the voice-overs they used to do at the beginning of the shows. "The Enterprise is on it's way to Farpoint Station" etc. The uniforms would also give you an idea of the time period as well.

One idea I have had is Sisco meeting with Picard. I would like to see Sisco get over his anger toward Picard for Wolf 359. Sisco has gone through a lot as Captain and Emissary. Maybe now he will understand that Picard was a victim.

I would like to see a Data & Geordi story set pre-Nemesis. it could be as simple as them talking in Data's quarters about what happened in First Contact. I doubt you could get Spiner to do it though.

You could have a Riker & Troi scene where he tells her he has finally decided to accept promotion and take command of Titan.

You could have a Picard & Janeway scene where they discuss their encounters with the Borg.

There could be a Picard & Crusher wedding or proposal or show them with a child already having been married. They could talk about how much longer they want to stay on a starship.

The stories don't have to be that complicated. The idea is to see our old favorites again, so I would want the stories to be character driven. If you just bring them back and have another special effects driven story you would miss out on the opportunity to get to spend time learning what happened in one of the "gaps."