WOLVERINE director search down to 8

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Dream, May 26, 2011.

1. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

James Mangold comments on his plans for "The Wolverine". I don't know about any one else but I'm still very encouraged and excited for the movie. Even the rewrite doesn't bother me since Hugh Jackman was quoted as saying he hoped the film would invoke "The Outlaw of Josey Wells" back in the summer time I think.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=83689

2. JacksonArcher

JacksonArcher Vice Admiral Admiral

Those comments are pretty encouraging.

3. Admiral_Young

4. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

Is filming still slated for mid Spring, I think that was last I heard tossed out as a possible start date? Didn't hear where though? Are the Japanese locations recovered from the tsunami?

So the comic films for summer 2013 now have:
    Iron Man 3
    Man of Steel
    R.I.P.D. - indie comic from Dark Horse starring Ryan Reynolds(insert joke here)
    The Wolverine

Thor 2 in November
    No late winter/spring comic movie that year like when Daredevil, Ghost Rider or Green Hornet opened in those slots.

5. Out Of My Vulcan Mind

Out Of My Vulcan Mind Vice Admiral Admiral

I, Frankenstein is scheduled for release in February 2013.

6. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

Setting a release date when they don't yet have a cast, completed script (IIRC, McQuarrie's script was to be re-written), locations or a confirmed director? (Mangold isn't yet official, is he?) Is this more of Fox preparing to f*ck up the series?

7. Admiral_Young

@Captain Craig it was reported earlier they were thinking about shooting in Vancouver. There was a discussion about this in one of these threads. Also remember (as you seem to forget) that Fox still has the FF and Daredevil reboots to schedule for next year or 2014. David Slade promised there would be news last month but so far nothing. I still anticipate a late 2013 scheduling for "Daredevil" and or early 2014. I foresee the FF reboot scheduled for 2014 along with First Class 2.

@Captaindemotion...Mangold has long been confirmed dude. The script has already gone through a couple of re-writes but most of McQuarrie's original is still in tact. I believe there was an interview some where. Casting can happen relatively fast as we saw with "Man of Steel". I believe casting for all the major characters was done over a couple of month period. Or at least that is when we heard about it.

8. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

I hope they don't rush this thing.

9. Captain Craig

@Admiral Young - I've not forgotten about DD or FF but there is no way either can get up and going and be ready for a Feb/Mar release next year. Neither have a script and FF doesn't even have a director confirmed. Could they make sometime in 2013, sure but not late winter/early spring which was my point and sure 2014 is wide open.

@Vulcan - really? I, Frankenstein is a comic. *goes to google* huh, never heard of it and I'm not exactly unfamilair with comics.

As for Wolverine I'm sure they will shoot the script they have from 6months ago. It was approved and ready pre-tsunami. If the Vancover dates are locked in then there is plenty of time for this film to be finalized. I'm not worried about a "rush job" in this case.

10. Admiral_Young

I believe Slade mentioned that the first draft of "Daredevil" had begun to be written late last year. I dunno. They can launch into production pretty fast and production is usually five to six months on these things with of course longer time for post. You could be right about it not being scheduled until when you suggested. As for "Fantastic Four" there have been sites reporting that the "Chronicle" director is currently in talks to direct FF and he has been on their short list for quite some time now. Also there is also a first draft script completed.

http://collider.com/josh-trank-fantastic-four-reboot/137824/

11. Ethros

Ethros Vice Admiral Admiral

12. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

^ If that's fan-art, it's very good. Much better than most of the official promos for X-Men: First Class, I'd say.

13. Captain Craig

It is good which makes me believe it's likely a fan creation.

Fox gave us those horrid silhouette posters on XM:FC.

Too much time, thought and cleverness went into that 'Rising Soon', nice.

14. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

15. Admiral_Young

It has been since reported as conceptual art work, a very cool piece indeed.

16. T'Baio

T'Baio Admiral Admiral

If it truly is conceptual artwork, I hope they don't mess with it too much more. (I'm looking at you FOX, you of the constant messing with things.)

It's a fabulous teaser poster. I've said elsewhere, I love the font. It both looks like it is scratched by claws, and yet Japanese influenced at the same time. And the "land of the rising sun" play is clever.

17. Admiral_Young

I agree too. I stated on a friend's facebook page that this will probably be better than the actual first teaser poster we get in a few months time.

18. Captain Craig

The fact that is so perfect is why some suit will feel the need to "tweak it". Let us all know it went through his office or some bs.

19. Admiral_Young

We'll most likely get some kind of photoshopped job...like the First Class teaser posters. Ugh were those bad.

20. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

"The Wolverine"? Who's that? What's this movie about? Please help me, Fox, I'm too stupid to understand! :scream: