Smallville Summer Hiatus Thread III (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Admiral_Young, May 20, 2010.

1. CorporalClegg

CorporalClegg Fleet Admiral Admiral

One thing I'm not quite sure about is, even though Tess is dead Freeman is supposed to come back in some capacity, right? Otherwise there's only going to be a three person cast.

2. Broccoli

Broccoli Vice Admiral Admiral

I am sure we'll probably get at least one new cast member.

Also, lets not forget that people tend not to stay dead for long on this show.

3. Hermiod

Hermiod Admiral Admiral

As far as the cast goes, I'd add Phil Morris but then this is the CW and he's not young or muscular enough to get a regular gig.

4. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'm still pissed they didn't bring him back as Miles Dyson on Terminator after showing a still of Phil as Dyson in one of the earliest episodes of Sarah Connor.

Tom wants Lex Back?

Doesn't he have a personal relationship with Michael?

Which would mean that he could pressure his friend, or know exactly how adamant his friend is that he's not coming back... Gods? Tommy didn't mean recasting did he?

I personally assumed that Tess was Lex for the longest while.

The scene in the beginning where she's almost brought to tears '"sighing" over Lex's desk in the library, OH! Got it. He fucked her on that desk. Why would I possibly think that Lex had a brain transplant into a woman and then and there it was he who was commiserating over his former seat of power, his thrown even, when it was just plain ordinary Tess Mercer making sure that she didn't leave an ass impression on the vinear from being rooted quite well by Lex Luthor there atop some years before?

Would such an ass impression, if found, mean that she wanted to keep, bronze or burn the desk?

And anyways short of some sort of Cinderella fitting ceremony how could she be sure that it was her ass that indented the finish?

5. Procutus

Procutus Admiral Admiral

I think you might be right on that.

:p

I hope you feel better, Jet. Stay in touch.

6. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

Cassidy has resigned...as I pointed out in an earlier post someone suggested to me an alternate possibility that she could serve as a host for Granny Goodness while she's on Earth. Personally though I still think she will be made into a Female Fury.

7. Procutus

Procutus Admiral Admiral

^

Will she still look like Two-Face?

:evil:

8. Admiral_Young

^ LOL I'm glad I'm not the only one who got that vibe. I think we'll get news of Granny's casting next month with maybe one or two minor additions. Since this is the final season I'd love for them to introduce Hal Jordan and Diana Prince (although there is still that Wonder Woman embargo not sure why) and the series finale to be two hours long (this is just my personal preference I suspect it will be one hour)

9. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

:lol: I feel pretty awful still...my throat hurts...the meds got the swelling down...but I still need my tonsils out. :(

I don't know if this has been posted...didn't see it.

http://www.tvauscast.com/2010/05/20/cw-official-upfront-media-release/
    CW Official Description of S10.

:borg:

10. Guy Gardener

No one who has SEEN Smallville who is telling the truth could write the above.

If as they have always claimed, as many people have claimed about many shows, that they could make a better show if the powers that be didn't keep them so under heal... But now, because no matter what they do, it's still dole queues and breadlines for everyone after season 10, jimmny crickets, they might as well do a good job for once?

DS9 was mostly episodic, but they had a 14 hour final episode if you tacked all the episodes together.

Is that too much to ask for?

if you're given a Genie and told to make a wish, you don't ask for a sandwhich.

Oh.

After watching a season of Aquaman on Blue Moutain State... It's amazing how they under utilized this guy considering what he seems to be capable of as a drunk moron. O, and Blue Mountain State also proved that Sam Jones III might just be worth more alive, than as a pelt.

11. Broccoli

The blurb just seems to be a very (short) generic summary of next season. It doesn't go into any details other than "Lois and Clark will continue their romance" and "Clark will do more hero things."

Yeah, no shit. :p

I wouldn't put much stock into it. The majority of it was written recapping this past season. It was just written so something could be written.

12. Admiral_Young

Probably just one of those generic show summaries they use to try to interest new people to watch their show or remind people who have the show what's been happening to promote it.

13. Guy Gardener

Oh, it's that insincere business talk they use on the Apprentice (et all: All Life, re: lawyers and real estate agents.) and infomercials where spokes people claim to be happy and proud to endorse any given product. That's as plain as the nose on a Bulgarian pinups face, I'm just amazed that such a load of codswallop got rubberstamped by some one upstairs.... Becuase it means that those in power have stopped caring.

I can't beleive they wasted Linda Carter like that and didn't hold up for hope that they'd be able to swing Wonder Woman at some point eventually.

14. Procutus

Procutus Admiral Admiral

Not only that, but they're still billing Cassidy as 'Tess Mercer' and it seems pretty clear that Tess is dead and that her body is going to transform into something else. So yeah, I'm not putting much stock in this blurb either.

Hopefully we'll get something solid before Comic-Con, though.

15. Broccoli

^ I'll believe that Tess is dead when they officially declare it on the show. After all, Lana, Chloe, Lex, and Clark all died on the show (Lex and Chloe, multiple times) only to be resurrected.

16. CorporalClegg

CorporalClegg Fleet Admiral Admiral

Or until Dr. Emil says, "She's dead, J'onn."

17. Broccoli

Terrible. :lol:

18. Procutus

Procutus Admiral Admiral

It is, but I'm laughing nonethess.

:devil:

19. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

The blurb is what it is...I wouldn't be surprised if the granny has nothing to do with S10 and Tess dying is retconned. S'ville does it all the time.

20. Guy Gardener

Another weird theory.

Granny is Lana.

She was waiting for tess to die so that she could rip out that av equipment installed in her face so as to track down maybe even a still living Lex Luthor.