Fringe gets a Firefly treatment

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by label, Dec 21, 2010.

1. label

label Vice Admiral Admiral

2. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

That's pretty damn cool.

3. PsychoPere

PsychoPere Vice Admiral Premium Member

I'm feeling ignored. :(

:p

But, yes, it's damn cool and was very well-done.

4. label

Sorry.......I looked to see if someone had posted the link before me and must have missed yours.

5. PsychoPere

That's quite okay, I was just joking.

6. Obiwanshinobi

Obiwanshinobi Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

yeah right.

7. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

:confused:

Anyway, this makes me want to start watching Fringe.

8. PsychoPere

:vulcan:

Good idea. Season one is a little rough for the first half or so, but once the world-building sort of material gets out of the way, the show really opens up. Plus John Noble rocks.

9. Obiwanshinobi

I'll see your:vulcan: and raise you a :cardie:

10. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

^Maybe some sentences would be helpful.

11. Obiwanshinobi

But yes nice opening intro. Was there one this season that was XFiles influenced or am I thinking of another show?

12. label

You should. Season 1 was not great.....sort of an X-Files wannabe that really didn't seem to know what it wanted to do. However, by the end of Season 1, they introduced what the overarching storyline for the series would be and it showed a lot of promise. Season 2 was like Season 2 of Angel.......a bit rough in places, but very good as well. Season 3 so far has been very much like Angel Season 3.....consistently better, good story-telling, very few rough spots.

Also, did the Friday Death Slot promo already not make you want to watch the show?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SrwXij6HthY

13. Obiwanshinobi

I remember now it was, Supernatural.

I agree with Labels assessment. I think Fringe should go for two more seasons and call it good. Not sure if the main arc could go beyond that. Let's hope FOX lets it end properly though like ABC did with JJ's other show.

14. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

Same here. I watched the pilot when it first aired, but found it pretty underwhelming, so I never tuned back in. Some of the stuff I've been hearing since season two's got me considering giving it another shot.

I'm just worried that if I start watching it, then it's gonna get canceled. :lol:

15. WillsBabe

WillsBabe Vice Admiral Admiral

I didn't really rate Fringe last season, but this year it's really upped its game and I'm hooked. So, it's bound to get cancelled pretty soon! :lol: Afraid I didn't care for the mix n match opening credits, myself.

16. label

But even if it does get cancelled at the end of this season - which is iffy, there seems to be a genuinely big push to get viewers to the show on Friday unlike anything I saw from Firefly or other shows - there's still 3 full Seasons that tell a pretty good story to this point.

17. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

Yeah, but will the show get a decent ending? That's always the question these days.

18. label

It's a good question, no doubt. My guess (and this is purely my own speculation) is that the show will keep most of it's current viewers (because much like Lost, the show has gone pretty serial in Season 3 and I doubt that many will drop the middle of this story just because a 1 day shift) and that will be enough to justify letting them have at least 1 more season to wrap things up. My guess is that the writers who have said they had a 5 year arc planned out will make sure that if they only get one more season, that they'll get themselves in position to wrap up the series - if need be - at the end of Season 4.

Of course, that's my rose-colored perspective on things, so you know....... ;)

19. HopefulRomantic

HopefulRomantic Mom's little girl Moderator

Wow, that is outstanding work.

And thanks for posting it in the other thread, PsychoPere. Just the luck of the draw that I was zipping through here and saw this thread first. This is the kind of thing I don't want to miss. :techman:

Hmm, maybe we do need a Fringe sub-forum. :p A fourth-season renewal would certainly help...