Did Spock ever kill anything?

Discussion in 'Star Trek - The Original & Animated Series' started by Vandervecken, Feb 27, 2014.

1. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

^I think your quote makes my case for me. Spock's first recommendation is to strand Mitchell on Delta Vega. When Kirk rejects it, Spock says that killing him is the only other choice. And his argument convinces Kirk to overcome his resistance to the recommendation to strand Mitchell.

And bringing a weapon as a precaution does not even remotely prove an intention or preference to use it. Cops carry guns on every call, but most cops go through their entire careers without ever actually having to use their guns outside the firing range.

2. Doug Otte

Doug Otte Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

In Galileo 7, he throws a spear or two in the direction of those big brutes. Whether he hit anyone or not is immaterial, he intended to harm or kill them.

3. Push The Button

Push The Button Commodore Commodore

We don't know for sure, but Spock may have killed an Eminian guard or two during the mission to rescue Kirk at the council chambers in A Taste of Armageddon.

Weird that Ambassador Fox wasn't more concerned about what became of his aide at the end of that episode.

4. Shik

Shik Commander Red Shirt

It's the 3 most important things in business.
    Aides are like the redshirts of the Diplomatic Corps. Grow 'em in vats, pick 'em up for 2 cents a pop at Costco.

5. Christopher

I don't agree. Earlier, he specifically ordered "We'll fire to frighten... not to kill."

http://www.chakoteya.net/StarTrek/14.htm

Throwing the spear was presumably more along the lines of covering fire, with the goal of getting them to duck rather than actually hitting them. I mean, seriously, those spears were huge, built for giants. Even with Vulcan strength, he wouldn't have been able to put a lot of force into the throw, and I don't think he was trying very hard to aim.

6. Captrek

Captrek Vice Admiral Admiral

Um, he killed God. Everything else seems rather trivial by comparison.

7. scotpens

scotpens Professional Geek Premium Member

Does that count? Spock wasn't in his right mind at the time -- he was under the influence of the plak tow (blood fever).

8. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

Why wouldn't it? Spock thought it did.

9. Noname Given

Noname Given Fleet Admiral Admiral

He didn't pull the trigger himself, but he effectively got Dr. McCoy to fire a phaser and kill the Salt Vampire in "The man Trap"

IMO - with the very emotional delivery of ..."It's killing the Captain!":rofl:

10. Green Shirt

Green Shirt Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Yeah, he just looked down at him and said "screw this, I'm outta here". :)

11. alpha_leonis

alpha_leonis Captain Captain

Granted, he did petition T'Pau to let Kirk out of the ceremony. He didn't *want* to kill Kirk, but was obligated to due to the circumstances.

12. Trevacious

Trevacious Captain Captain

If that first car had missed her and she made it to the sidewalk, would he have shoved her out in front of the next one?

How about that henchman he hurled down the corridor in The Mark Of Gideon? I could suppose he broke a few high vertebrae on impact there.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2014
  13. T'Girl

T'Girl Vice Admiral Admiral

There's the alternate reality where Spock walks up to President Kennedy, and kills him with a phaser.

(don't blame me, it was Gene's idea)

:)

14. Commishsleer

Commishsleer Commodore Commodore

Really throughout TOS did Spock not kill anyone directly?
    That's amazing.

I'm not counting he implored Kirk to kill Mitchell or McCoy to kill the Salt Vampire.
    I thought he might have killed in Friday's child though.

I thought nuSpock killed some Romulans in ST09 but maybe not.

15. TREK_GOD_1

TREK_GOD_1 Vice Admiral Admiral

Any sci-fi story where JFK's fate is altered is piss-poor, lazy writing.

Back to the thread.

16. Christopher

As I already mentioned, yes, he did shoot at least one Capellan with an arrow in "Friday's Child." Of course, arrow wounds are frequently survivable in real life, but by TV rules, faceless mooks who get hit by arrows fired by the good guys are presumed dead.

17. Commishsleer

Commishsleer Commodore Commodore

Well I agree with you then. :)

How about any of the other main characters aside from Kirk (and McCoy)? Certainly Uhura didn't.

Now I don't think there was as much killing as I thought I remember. (if that makes any sense) :lol:

18. Kevman7987

Kevman7987 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

He went into Enforcer-Spock mode and wanted to leave a trail of bodies often enough.

19. Silvercrest

Silvercrest Vice Admiral Admiral

Most of the others seem debatable, but can we categorically agree that he killed himself in TWOK?

Or is that also debatable since it didn't stick? (Or maybe it's debatable because "sacrificing your life" isn't the same as "killing yourself".)

20. T'Girl

T'Girl Vice Admiral Admiral

In Galileo Seven, Spock threw a spear, presumable with a giant in his "sights." With his Vulcan strength he could have killed his intended target.

:)