Your favourite films involving ships?

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by ReadyAndWilling, Jan 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ReadyAndWilling

ReadyAndWilling Fleet Captain

Hi all, so re-watching Titanic 1997 has really rekindled my love of watching a ship's crew working together to deal with a serious situation.

The particular scene I really enjoy is where the watchtower spots the iceberg and where the audience is taken through from "Iceberg, right ahead! Thank you" and then we're taken through the different parts of the ship. Or the scene in Stargate Atlantis where the Wraith/Traveler/Atlantis alliance engages the Replicators. The Wraith ship is hit hard by the Replicators and then Todd says "Transferring power from non-critical systems to hull regeneration."

More so than the actual crew, I love seeing a ships inbuilt computer A.I trying to adapt and deal with a situation it's presented with. I'm thinking of Star Trek episodes involving the Borg, here.

What are your favourites?

I was going to post this in the 'general TV' forum below this one, but I prefer films involving modern or futuristic ships like the ones in K-19 The Widowmaker, Star Trek, Star Wars et cetera.

2. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

Ah, yet another "tell me what to watch" thread.

3. Flying Spaghetti Monster

Flying Spaghetti Monster Vice Admiral Admiral

Lets all sing!

Come on, sing with me!

4. Asbo Zaprudder

Asbo Zaprudder Admiral Admiral

Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World

5. Ensign_Redshirt

Ensign_Redshirt Commodore Commodore

6. ReadyAndWilling

Well, no I said 'modern' as well.

7. ReadyAndWilling

Hey man, why do you keep following me around? I'm not breaking any rules. Just asking for favourite films...?

8. Flying Spaghetti Monster

Flying Spaghetti Monster Vice Admiral Admiral

Actually, ReadyandWilling, the mods have warned you against this. I've seen the mods warn you on at least two threads, maybe more.

9. Neroon

Neroon Mod of Balance Moderator

#1.) Please everyone use the notification button, and let the moderators handle situations such as this.

#2.) You should know by know from these kinds of reactions as to what topics work and what topics don't work. You've also been given quite a few examples of what tools to use and how to use them.

Sorry, but this time it's an infraction for spamming. Comments to PM

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.