Season 2 Theatrical Event Date Revealed

Discussion in 'Star Trek: The Next Generation' started by Dream, Oct 18, 2012.

1. FatherRob

FatherRob Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

My review of the extended "The Measure of a Man" is now up:

http://trekbook.blogspot.com/2012/11/the-measure-of-man-expanded-edition.html

I had to run around at the last minute to find another theater... the one I went to last time, that was supposed to show last night's event, had technical trouble and cancelled the event at about 4 PM. They stated they were going to air it next Thursday night at 7.

Star Trek's official FB post earlier included comments that suggested other locations had technical issues as well.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2012
  2. tomalak301

tomalak301 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Good review, and I'm glad I was not the only one who somewhat questioned the Fencing scene. I did love Data's line about Killing all the lawyers though, adding a bit of Shakespeare to the episode, which is something TNG touched on a lot, from the stuff in Hide and Q, to Data learning more about him in The Defector.

3. Indysolo

Indysolo Commodore Commodore

Tonight's TNG event was a nightmare at the AMC Burbank 16. It was scheduled to start at 7 with a runtime of 3 hours and 18 minutes. The evening consisted of two episodes (one extended), a blooper reel and a video featuring a cast reunion. Instead of starting at 7, the theater experienced delays because no one could figure out how to get the sound to work. It finally started around 8:10 with a promo all about the new effects (for season 1). Then an interminable slideshow began featuring still photos from several season 2 episodes and doing comparisons between the original NTSC version and the new HD edition. I was ready to leave when "Shades of Grey" photos were being shown. After this snoozefest Fathom commercials started playing...and playing...and playing. The manager eventually came in and said normally they can't fast forward through the commercials, but tonight she was making an exception. Then "Q Who" plays and it's great. It's even in surround sound! Then the blooper reel. It's hysterical! Then the cast reunion. It's wonderful! And then the extended version of "Measure of a Man" starts and it's also wonderful. But wait...remember, this is supposed to be a 3 hour and 18 minute event. The computer system at the AMC didn't forget that. Halfway through the episode it shuts off and the lights came on. I checked my watch. It was 10:20. Eventually the episode starts up again, but we had to watch about 5 minutes of the episode again. Thankfully one really good extended scene in Ten Forward was seen again. Finally, the evening ends. I got two free passes from the AMC, which are even good for IMAX screenings.

P.S. It seems the documentary portion and the intro to "Q Who" were not shown either. I wasn't even aware of these.