"Human Whore" Cut

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by darkshadow0001, Aug 10, 2009.

1. darkshadow0001

darkshadow0001 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I just came home from a third viewing of Star Trek at my local dollar theatre, and I noticed the line "Human Whore" was cut out. I don't know if anyone remembers this line, but it was during when young Spock was fighting the bullies on Vulcan. They started to say the line but I noticed it was cut off and I'm thinking, I want my $1.50 back! lol :) Anyways, it was great to see it again but I must say something... I think I kind of like the original Enterprise's interior design better. I love seeing the characters on the big screen again, and Karl Urban (is that the correct spelling?) was fantastic as Bones.

As for the R2-D2 thing (if it's still being debated) the only remote possibly of him being in the film would be on top of the saucer section of the Enterprise that kind of looks like him. When they have a close up shot of it, the shape doesn't resemble R2 much, but when the camera movement fades a way it does look like R2 in a way. But I didn't see anything remotely resemble R2 in the Federation outpost on Delta Vega and at the bar scene with Kirk.

Anyway, when's the DVD coming out?

2. pureTREKKER

pureTREKKER Lieutenant Red Shirt

3. M'Sharak

M'Sharak Definitely Herbert. Maybe. Moderator

The missing line is probably due to a break in that copy of the film, trimmed and spliced back together. There have been other similar reports of missing bits and damaged film, as the movie shifts to the second-run theaters.

As for R2-D2, he was very small and very briefly visible in the debris field above Vulcan. You didn't even have to blink to miss it.

4. darkshadow0001

darkshadow0001 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

So R2 was in the film, then. I kept looking all throughout the movie, and I couldn't spot him :) I even waited until the end of the credits to see if anything about R2 would pop-up there.

I think I also agree with you about the the missing bits of the film in second-run theatres, that reasoning seems logical.

5. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

R2 can be seen, for like a nanosecond, on the viewscreen when the Enterprise arrives at Vulcan. You can also see him in the debris field if you REALLY REALLY look hard as the Enterprise is rotating.

6. Cr031k

Cr031k Lieutenant Red Shirt

I remember hearing this line the first time I saw it. It kind of shocked me having the word "whore" in trek.

Did you find the tribble on Scottys desk yet?

7. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

It shocked me more that a Vulcan said it.

8. Green Shirt

Green Shirt Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

You only get to hear that line at theaters that charge at least $2. ;)

9. barnaclelapse

barnaclelapse Commodore Commodore

I'll bet he did a ton of homework on coming up with it.

10. Green Shirt

It was probably one of the questions in the hole-in-the-floor school. --

Describe Spock's mother in two words, or less.

11. Cap'n Crunch

Cap'n Crunch Captain Captain

I heard she mates once every six years!!! :eek: What a whore. :vulcan:

12. SiorX

SiorX Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

That's ridiculous. There's no way a Vulcan school would ask a question like that. :vulcan:

It'd be "two words, or fewer".

13. Green Shirt

Sorry, I failed Vulcan Speech 101. I was busy daydreaming in class about Winona Ryder.

14. gastrof

gastrof Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I just had an idea for a YouTube video parody.

Dress up in a Moe Howard wig with pointed ears and blue shirt, and with tears streaming down your face, scream almost incoherently "LEAVE SPOCK ALONE!!!"

15. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    Amanda Grayson is such a whore, she dated Kiefer Sutherland AND Johnny Depp!

(*Rimshot*)

16. SalvorHardin

SalvorHardin Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Oh shit ! CANON VIOLATION !

I get Archer living until 150 but how old do Depp and Sutherland have to be if they are still alive by that time ???

Damn you JJ :scream:

17. trevanian

trevanian Rear Admiral

But blew off David Duchovny, presumably because he was too Spooky to hang with a Beetlejuice Girl.

18. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    Duchovny wouldn't take the teachings of Surak seriously.

19. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

going back a bit R2D2 is behind Scotty when hes sitting down talking about being hungry etc when you first meet him, right at the back you can see a blue/white robot in the background :confused:

20. SalvorHardin

SalvorHardin Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

R2D2 has been revealed a couple of months ago to be :

"During the Drill Machine sequence as the Enterprise comes out of its barrel role amidst destruction of the other Federation ships above Vulcan, we cut to an interior Enterprise bridge over the shoulder of Kirk that is looking out through the front viewscreen. In space, R2-D2 is floating in the debris from about the top middle of the screen to the bottom right."

http://trekmovie.com/2009/06/11/location-of-r2-d2-easter-egg-revealed-more-star-trek-easter-eggs/