Breaking Bad Final Half Season

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Chuck Finley, Aug 6, 2013.

1. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

Hank's been keeping quiet for a week and now he's willing to talk with Walt. He's already digging himself in.

2. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

Who is to say there won't be a cat and mouse game now that they both know? Maybe there will still be and we get to have more fun with it.

3. gblews

gblews Vice Admiral Admiral

I think you may have misunderstood my post. My take is not that Hank might look like an accomplice. I think that Hank feels that if he doesn't bring Walt to justice and someone else does, that he will look incompetent as well as foolish, but certainly not complicit in Walt's business.

We actually are in agreement.
    Yes, a simple check of bank records and an assets check would prove that Hank wasn't receiving any money from Walt.

4. JirinPanthosa

JirinPanthosa Admiral Admiral

I got the impression the reason Hank didn't say anything yet is because of how his superiors handled his other leads. He suspects Jesse, they make him lay off Jesse. He suspects Mike, 'The budget for surveilling Mike is now zero dollars'. If he's going to toss up his own brother in law as a suspect, he better have conclusive proof, that wasn't acquired by removing an object from the suspect's home without a warrant.

The more I think about it, the dumber it was to take the book with him when he left. He has basically made his only evidence against Walt inadmissable (Legal experts correct me if I'm off base). Now what else does he have? He has the fact that the original lab equipment found in the RV came from Walt's classroom. I suppose he could destroy the 'gambling winnings' story for Walt's sudden infusion of cash pretty easily. All the other physical evidence is destroyed. I don't see what he could do to Walt without flipping someone. And TBH, I think the most likely person to flip is Skylar, not Jesse.

It shouldn't be too hard for Hank to figure out Skylar is an accomplice. Soon he's going to think about the timing of the divorce and the fact that she came up with the idea to pay for his rehab, she came up with the gambling story, and she runs the car wash.

5. InklingStar

InklingStar Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I just thought of something regarding the flash-forward. Walt created two batches of ricin in the course of the show - one to kill Tuco, and the other to kill Gus. Both times, the reason he wanted to use ricin was so that the murder would be undetectable. However, on his 52nd birthday, he has just got himself a .60 caliber machine gun. He is planning to do some very open and obvious murdering. Why would he need the ricin now? Who does he need to kill covertly, as opposed to the overt killings he is planning to do with the gun? Why would it matter at this point?

6. davejames

davejames Vice Admiral Admiral

Walt definitely did a good job covering up much of the physical evidence, but there's still a ton of people who could probably place him with Gus or Jesse, or at the laundry, I would think. They would just need to be tracked down.

And people can still be convicted through circumstantial evidence, of which there's a mountain of against Walt.

7. Sephiroth

Sephiroth Vice Admiral Admiral

The house Hank lives in is in an incredibly expensive neighborhood (million plus level homes) how the hell did he afford it?

8. DarthPipes

DarthPipes Vice Admiral Admiral

Given his history of panic attacks, I thought that was believable.

Taking the book out of the house thought was stupid. Hank has a camera phone I believe...take a picture of the book and leave it there!

9. Count Zero

Count Zero No nation but procrastination Moderator

He probably thought that Walt might get rid of it before he had enough of a case against him. Besides, he was really shocked by the discovery and not quite thinking things through, I imagine.

10. Chuck Finley

Chuck Finley Commander

Walt has gone out of his way to save Hank and Jesse. Yes, it was mostly because he also wanted to save himself as well, but I also believe he does care for them. Walt still tries to maintain the illusion that he is doing all of this for his family, this includes Hank and Marie and Jesse. I think that he will still try to maintain his family. The show has always been about Walt fixing one problem, only to have another one pop up. As we saw with the train heist, it was perfect until the kid was shot. Now, Hank knows the truth an Walt has threatened Hank, but I'm guessing that Walt will not purposely hurt Hank. I also see consequences from Jesse throwing the money around. Something like that will show up in the news the next day. Jessie's fingerprints are on the money, so that could be an issue. Keeping all of that in mind, I believe the gun is not being used on Hank or Jesse, neither is the ricin. I think the gun is part of a bigger plan of Walt's that involves trying to fix a problem. It may be used in a trade for something else or it could be used as a way to set someone up or it could be used as a way to blast through a door or something. The ricin could be Walt's own way out or it may be the only way to get to someone without a big shootout Scarface style. I think we're going to see Walt make Hank a hero, but without Walt necessarily being the "bad guy". Jesse is the rouge element though that I'm not sure how it will play out. All I know is that every thing in this show that is shown on screen, definitely has a purpose.

11. Garak

Garak Cruisin' Premium Member

I think it's pretty safe to say that with the Hank revelation Walt now knows he has to go full on Heisenberg to survive and protect his neck. Walt's dead, Heisenberg has taken over. I think the future look at his gated, boarded up house with Heisenberg written on the wall reinforces that, as well as the reaction of his neighbor - she looked absolutely terrified when he said hello, like she knows what Heisenberg is capable of.

Pretty excited to see where this goes.

12. davejames

davejames Vice Admiral Admiral

Even as bad as things might get, I have a hard time seeing Walt either poisoning or shooting Hank or Jesse. He might try to orchestrate their deaths in some other oblique way, through using other people or setting them up for a fall somehow, but not through any direct action he takes himself.

13. gblews

gblews Vice Admiral Admiral

:confused:

On his police officer's salary, obviously -- unless Hank has been on the take from Walt or some other drug lord ALLLLLL this time. :rolleyes:

14. Sketcher

Sketcher Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Could the ricin may be for Walt himself? After he blows away whoever with the M16 he commits suicide to avoid getting caught?

15. Captain Kathryn

Captain Kathryn Commodore Commodore

This show is my favorite on TV right now, I didn't realize there was a thread going about it.

I loved the Star Trek scene in last night's episode! :lol:

16. JirinPanthosa

JirinPanthosa Admiral Admiral

I agree, revenge isn't Walt's style. Every single murder he's committed has been a pragmatic murder. Maybe he would kill Hank if it would legally protect him and his family, but he wouldn't do it just because he's pissed.

@Sketcher

If Walt wanted to commit suicide, he'd be able to come up with quicker more painless ways to do it than ricin. I got the impression he wanted the M16 just for general on the run self protection.

@davejames

Walter has legitimate reasons to be seen with Fring, Fring made sure of that. Heck, Hank brought Walter directly to Fring's chicken place to have him place a tracking device on Fring's car. How many people have really seen him with Jesse besides criminal associates? And who saw him at the laundry, besides immigrant workers smart enough to just do their job and not ask questions? I don't think there's enough circumstantial evidence without something concrete.

Now, if he managed to follow somebody to that giant stack of money, that'd work.

17. J.T.B.

J.T.B. Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

It's not an M16, it's an M60, the belt-fed machine gun of Vietnam fame. It's a large and bulky weapon, generally operated by a team of two in service. For one person to operate effectively it pretty much needs to be in a fixed position, and Walt is not exactly Rambo. The implication to me is Walt would use it for defense of a "dug in" position, or a surprise assault on some hardened or well-defended target.

18. Capt. Vulcan

Capt. Vulcan Vice Admiral Admiral

Or you know... his wife's Doctor salary.

19. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

I just finished watching Talking Bad.

I love Julie Bowen more than chocolate.

20. J.T.B.

J.T.B. Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

She's not a doctor, IIRC she's a radiology tech.