X-MEN: FIRST CLASS - Grading+Discussion **SPOILERS!**

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by StarTrek1701, May 31, 2011.

?

How Much Did You Enjoy X-MEN: FIRST CLASS?

Poll closed Oct 28, 2011.
  1. A+ (Great Movie!)

73 vote(s)
    35.6%
  2. A (Entertained a lot!)

93 vote(s)
    45.4%
  3. B (Was okay, not bad)

30 vote(s)
    14.6%
  4. C (Below expectations)

6 vote(s)
    2.9%
  5. D (Very bad)

2 vote(s)
    1.0%
  6. F (Intolerable, want money back)

1 vote(s)
    0.5%
  1. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

We're still updating this thread? I'm already convinced that we're going to be getting a sequel and the movie has performed adequately so far to warrant it. We've also got DVD sales as well around the corner. It's too bad my theater took it out a couple weeks back because I still want to see it again.

2. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

Sure, why not? I see this thread being legitimately updated through the DVD release before "thread necromancy" starts to set in.

3. KB24

KB24 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I'm still here. :) I saw it with my nieces the last week it was playing in our area. Yeah, the video seems a lot closer now that we're in August. Even if the numbers are not as blockbuster as Thor, Transformers, or Captain America, the praise has been there for X-Men. I really hope that is enough for a sequel. Maybe they won't announce it for awhile though, maybe not until a quarter of video sales adds to the totals. I doubt an effects awards will come around, but maybe some art and set decoration or costumes hardware may follow, or if other awards followed the cast they may realize they should take some time with the sequels before its too late.

4. Broccoli

Broccoli Vice Admiral Admiral

So, did Singer end up ignoring X-Men: The Last Stand?

5. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I only saw it once in the theater, but I will definitely at least rent it when it come out on DVD/Blu-Ray/VoD. I might even buy it, I definitely enjoyed it enough that I'd be willing to own it.

6. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

God help me, I actually bought X-Men Origins: Wolverine the other day. It was new and only $6.99, so the completest in me said "Why not"? :lol:

7. Gaith

Gaith Vice Admiral Admiral

Oh yeah? Well, the completist in me says there is only X, X2, and FC. :p

8. Admiral_Young

^ Yep. I say that too. I will probably add "The Wolverine" when it comes out...I'm still optimistic about it.

9. G2309

G2309 Captain Captain

I made the same mistake as was £2 second hand.:rolleyes: It's as bad as I remembered it.

10. Admiral_Young

^ You guys actually watched it again? That was brave lol.

11. Professor Zoom

Professor Zoom Admiral Admiral

They made an X3? Huh. Must've missed that one.

Or erased it from my mind.

12. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

Isn't First Class technically "X3" since it's the third movie? :confused:

13. Professor Zoom

That's TRUE, it is the third X-men movie. There wasn't one before that. Not that I'm aware of anyway.

14. Admiral_Young

One could count it as the first X-Men movie as well ;)

15. G2309

G2309 Captain Captain

Well was watching xmen films again after seeing first class. I'm glad the new film brought things up to standard again.

16. Agenda

Agenda Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Can we redo this poll? It really bugs me.

17. Professor Zoom

Nah. It's clearly the third one that was made. Prequel or not.

:p

18. Admiral_Young

^ Fair enough for me :)

19. Mike Farley

Mike Farley Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

No, they made two Wolverine movies guest starring the X-Man. Then they made X-Men First Class.

20. The Borgified Corpse

The Borgified Corpse Admiral Admiral

Ouch! Forgotten already? You were just down ther
    I saw X-Men: First Class for the 3rd time yesterday at the discount theater. My father came too. He doesn't particularly care for complicated SF/F mythology movies but he really liked this one. He said that, from what he remembered, it was the best of the X-Men movies he's seen.

I'm starting to agree that it's the best of the X-Men movies. I won't really be able to say for sure until the DVD comes out and I can do an all day marathon on X-Men: First Class, X-Men, & X2 and see them all on equal footing. But I'm starting to give a very strong edge to X-Men: First Class out of those 3. It just keeps getting better each time I see it. It's not just a decent movie. Every time, I leave the theater feeling rejuvinated.

I have a serious proposition for a fictional character: Raven Darkholme, will you marry me? I fall deeper & deeper in love with Mystique with every subsequent viewing. It's amazing that such an enigmatic piece of cheesecake from the 1st movie has been morphed into such a sympathetic, dynamic character. And it's clear that Xavier kept his promise of not reading her mind. If he had, he wouldn't have said so many dunderheaded things to send her over to the dark side. (At the very least, she might not have taken his romantic rejections of her so personally if he had explained the Westermark Effect to her.)

Meanwhile, Magneto got game! I mean, he came up with a line so perfect that he convinced a hot chick to spend THE REST OF HER LIFE walking around naked!:techman:

I also really dig the comic relief during the training montage between Xavier & Hank McCoy. This is something I would like to see a lot more of in the sequel. (In fact, I'm even picturing a comedy bit where McCoy tries to invent a mechanical apparatus to make Xavier walk again. It's comically malfunctioning but introduces a concept that could theoretically explain why Xavier is walking again in X-Men Origins: Wolverine & X-Men: The Last Stand, and why he didn't continue to use that contraption later.)

While part of me thinks that the X-Men 4 ship has sailed, I wouldn't be averse to seeing them try. I'd especially like to see a reunion between Xavier, Mystique, & Beast. Of course, anything that advances the relationships of those 3 in an X-Men: First Class sequel would also be very welcome!

How do they acknowledge it?