Scot Wolf says new "V" Visitors just might be lizard people

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by gastrof, Nov 3, 2009.

1. gastrof

gastrof Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Scott Wolf says new "V" Visitors just might be lizard people

The actor playing a reporter who works with the Visitors (in the new version) was on NBC last night and let that semi-spoiler slip. Didn't actually say they WERE reptiles, but said they 'just might be'.

On the matter of their reptillian nature on the original series, has anyone here wondered why in the world the visitors would find humans in any way attractive? The original episodes are wrapping up on SyFy right now, and there was just a scene of Diana and her beau "alone together", both still wearing their human skins.

Somehow I don't think the human appearance would lend in any way to amorous feelings on their part, no more than two humans would be attracted to each other if both were disguised as lizard people.

Always bugged me about that end of things.

Could we assume the Visitors were somehow mentally conditioned, somehow "humanized" so make their disguises more successful?

Last edited: Nov 3, 2009
  2. Checkmate

Checkmate Commodore

Never heard of furries, have ya?

3. gastrof

gastrof Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Have.

They're the exception, not the rule.

More than just a couple of the Visitors seemed to appreciate the human form. That suggests something beyond "the exception".

4. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

Uhhh... doesn't the brief shot of a visitor with part of his face peeled off in one of the commercials pretty much confirm that?

5. Mistral

Mistral Vice Admiral Admiral

Beat me to it!:bolian:

6. Level 2 Diagnostic

Level 2 Diagnostic Captain Captain

I've also seen banner ads on other sites showing Morena Baccarin with photoshopped reptile eyes. If that's supposed to be a spoiler, it's one of the worst kept spoilers on TV.

7. ALF

ALF Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Clearly lizards are the new vampires!

8. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

^ I think you just greenlighted The Asylum's next movie... Vampires vs. Lizards. :lol:

9. Gepard

Gepard Vice Admiral Admiral

Well, if you're talking lizard people, that would fall under the term "Scalies." So the Vs' interest would be Scalie/Human lovin'. I'll get you your brainbleach.

10. Vonstadt

Vonstadt Captain Captain

Madison Square Garden : Let's Go Rangers!
    If I remember the original mini and series right Diana was a bit of um...how to put this politely...overly amorous? Adventurous and non discriminating?

She seemed to be happy to be with Sirians (Visitors) both male and female and humans (both male and female). She seemed happy to be in her true form or just keep ye old human suit on to do the nasty with whomever.

Granted she would do most of this to get something else she wanted but I had the impression she seemed to enjoy it a lot as well. She was quite liberal in her sexual appetites.

Vons

11. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

Oh, great. They only MIGHT be lizards? Is there any other way the remake could wussify the original? Are they even still intent on stealing the water and eating all the people? :rolleyes:

And by the way, Jane Badler was way hotter than Morena Baccarin. :devil:

12. USS Triumphant

USS Triumphant Vice Admiral Admiral

Thanks, Kanye.

:lol:

13. Mr. Laser Beam

So where is the inevitable threadbomb? :D

14. P0sitr0nic

P0sitr0nic Vice Admiral Admiral

naah... Morena ftw.

15. Admiral Buzzkill

Admiral Buzzkill Fleet Admiral Admiral

My granddad might agree with you there. Otherwise...meh.

I guess it would be too much to hope that the new version would come up with some plausible, non-stupid reason for the aliens to traverse all these light years to invade Earth? Eating people and stealing water doesn't cut it, any more than it did in the 80s.

16. Awesome Possum

Awesome Possum Moddin' Admiral

Human meat is considered quite the delicacy in many parts of the galaxy.

17. T'Bonz

T'Bonz Romulan Curmudgeon Administrator

I never got that. If they're that advanced, why do they need people for food and why our water? I'd think they could easily get what they needed.

Then again, I always wondered why the Kazon on Voyager always were scrounging for water when they had advanced ships and technology.

18. MeanJoePhaser

MeanJoePhaser Admiral

They were friggin' retards, that's why. The only thing they took from the Trabe were things that go and things that shoot. They probably couldn't build a bicycle on their own. No wonder they were oppressed so long.

19. Mr. Laser Beam

That's because the Kazons just go rolling along. :guffaw: ;)

20. Gil T.Azell

Gil T.Azell Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

In a DS9 ep Odo and the female founder got it on in human/solid form, (or it was hinted at). so I guess this is some what like the Sex Sells attige ..

There were Publisity shots of Jane badler with Lizzard eyes for the 1983 mini series as well