Going Veggie

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Amaris, Jan 16, 2013.

1. Relayer1

Relayer1 Admiral Admiral

2. Sector 7

Sector 7 Vice Admiral Admiral

Ain't technology wonderful? :guffaw:

3. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

Look I've got yellow watermelon!!

They had white ones too but I didn't buy one.. the yellow watermelon is much sweeter than the red ones.

[​IMG]

4. thestrangequark

thestrangequark Admiral Admiral

I've never had a yellow one before! I wonder if I'd like it. I've never been fond of watermelon. It's too...watery.

5. teacake

This is denser slightly and has an almost honey taste. More flavour all round.

6. Amaris

Amaris Fleet Admiral Admiral

Ooh! Sounds delicious! I love watermelon. I've never tried yellow, but it looks like it's rather good. I might have to look around and forage for one at my local grocery store.

7. SmoothieX

SmoothieX Vice Admiral Admiral

I've had purple bell pepper but never yellow watermelon.

Found a nice recipe for spring veggie and matzo ball soup in the local rag here in town. My father was Jewish and my mom tried to accommodate during ethnic holidays.

If it's any good, I'll post it after I make it. Assuming I can find matzo in this backwater town.

8. lurok

lurok Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Lost in the EU expanse with a nice cup of tea
    I like honeydew melons. They have that nice firm flesh that's less watery than watermelons. Eating some now for breakfast...

9. SmoothieX

SmoothieX Vice Admiral Admiral

Hondeydew is the best in my book too.

Made not exactly ice cream, but more like a frozen green slushie out of it.

10. thestrangequark

I might like it. The thing I dislike so much about watermelon is the texture. It's always really bothered me, while I'm fond of other melons. It's boring, but cantaloupe is probably my favorite. Take a half, fill the pit with plain yogurt, and top with blueberries and it's pretty much a perfect lunch.

11. Emher

Emher Admiral Admiral

^Texture is the main reason why I have a bit of a hard time with melons. For me to eat watermelon it's gotta be firm. if its sorta...grainy, I won't it. I just can't stand it.

Really gotta get back to this thread and more vegetarian food. Mostly because I really really need to because of my health. But also...doesn't seem like girls like overweight guys :(

12. Pondwater

Pondwater Vice Admiral Admiral

I've gone "meatless" before and I go real heavy on the cruciferous vegetables and beans. However, I tend to alternate between that and a regular diet. Especially, because Baseball season is coming up and a bag of peanuts just doesn't cut it. Turner Field does offer a "Veggie" dog but it's nothing like an actual hot dog.

13. Relayer1

Relayer1 Admiral Admiral

Don't know what I'd do without it...:)

14. Amaris

It's difficult to find a good tasting meat substitute when you want something familiar. I love Boca burgers (their classic American burger is delicious!). On the hot dog front, I've yet to find a good alternative.

15. teacake

Other than being a bit denser (and this is over analysis) it's the same texture. Watermelon bores me and I rarely eat it, but I can't go past a fruit I've never had before. Next time I'm buying the white one.

I'm not much of a melon fan but I eat about 5 papayas a week (which are not melons, lol).

16. Amaris

I'm not a fan of cantaloupe because of it's taste and texture. It just doesn't appeal to me. Honeydew is okay, papaya is fantastic. I love watermelon, though, and the texture is appealing. I love that it's mostly water. I have found that a slice of watermelon quenches my thirst better than a glass of water.

17. thestrangequark

When I was in India I had papaya every day for breakfast. A month of fresh papayas, it was heavenly!

18. teacake

And now I'm making green papaya salad a lot, I'll have to take some pics.

To me it's the best fruit ever. I like the seeds too, I always munch on a few of those.

19. thestrangequark

I love papaya, though I'd have to say mango tops it on my list of best fruits. I've loved mango since I was an infant. My mom apparently gave me the pits to suck on when I was teething and I've been addicted ever since!

20. Amaris

A tiny tsq happily sucking away on mango pits? The cute would probably kill me! :lol: