Is the USS Vengeance more powerful than the Enterprise E?

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by The Rock, Sep 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Showdown

Showdown Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I think the Enterprise E would win. It would blow the Vengeance to pieces while watching outdated weapons fire bounce off the advance shields.

2. Maurice

Maurice Snagglepussed Admiral

I read. While she makes some good points, she goes ranty a bit too often and that somewhat undermines her points.

3. anh165

anh165 Commander Red Shirt

I do not understand the facination about quantum torpedoes. They are fired the same way, it tracks and travels at a sub-light speed no different to that of a photon torpedo from the TMP era, which can easily be shot/intercepted by even something as old as the USS Kelvin before it can do any damage.

A borg cube cannot even one-shot a Miranda or Excelsior class ship which are a fraction of the size and power of the Vengeance, what chance will the E-E and her standard vanilla issue weapons have?

100 years between 2 particular eras is not the same as 100 years between 2 eras of separate timelines, especially when the Vengeance is a product of an alternative collection of pre-requisite technology and put together by people who have different ideas to that of the prime time line.

4. anh165

anh165 Commander Red Shirt

I wonder where you get this information from?

The Enterprise E shields did not seem so 'advanced' in Nemesis when a mere section of a romulan vessel's hull struck the E causing damage. It didn't seem so advanced when the Scimitar fired some of her *photon* torpedoes causing a hull breach.

If you watch the way how the Vengence damages the JJ-Enterprise, you can easily see it is far more effective than any photon torpedo.

Show me one example of any 23rd century ship that had significant bulk of its hull desintegrated with mere phaser shots from a 24th century vessel? The only example I can think of is the borg cube in wolf 359 and even then that was sustained fire at a relatively small Excelsior class ship which is one 1/4 the size of the JJ-prise.

Enterprise E = An overrated product of a peaceful starfleet based on old design concepts.

5. Captain_Amasov

Captain_Amasov Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Dominion and Cardassian weaponry were easily capable of destroying plenty of Excelsior and Miranda-class starships during the war even though their shields were supposedly raised. Though this whole thing is pointless because it purely depends on what the plot demands at the time. With that said, they could always use the Breen energy dissipator on the Vengeance. :D

6. Hartzilla2007

Hartzilla2007 Vice Admiral Admiral

And the Vengeance could always carpet bomb them with a spread of 72 long range stealth photon torpedos and kill them before they even know they are under attack.

7. Captain_Amasov

Captain_Amasov Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Again it's just a circular argument which rests on plot shields and weaponry, something Star Trek is no stranger to. A case in point, if the Cardassians in the 24th century were capable of building an automated vessel impervious to phaser and torpedo fire, then why did they lose to the Klingons or need the Dominion? Hell, once they had the Dominion how did they lose to the then weaker Federation Alliance?

So this is how it is; the Enterprise-E is a hero ship and will eventually defeat the Vengeance because that's what our heroes, and the Enterprise, always does.

8. Showdown

Showdown Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

No where. Its just pure speculation.

You're comparing two battles from two different eras. Lets say there are two metal ships, A and B, and two wooden ships, C and D. If A beats B and C beats D, it doesn't mean C, the victorious wooden ship, can beat B, the losing metal ship.

Why just care about only phasers? Starships have other weapons. The Narada nearly defeated the Enterprise with one torpedo hit, while its sheilds are up. Just like the Vengence, it would have won with a few more shots. The Enterprise only won both fights in the end, because the bad guys simply stopped shooting.

I also think DS9's Defiant can beat the Vengeance.

Throughout history, newer tech had better chance of winning against older tech. The Bismarck was one of the biggest, most powerful battleships ever built. It was built during the waning days of the battleship age. More advance tech, such as air combat from aircraft carriers, were starting to take over. The Bismarck was beaten by the HMS Ark Royal, a smaller aircraft carrier.

Even if new tech is similar to old tech, it can still have a huge advantage, like modern assault rifles with armor piercing rounds vs muskets with ball ammo. Quantum torpedoes and new phasers may have similar advantage to photon torpedoes and old phasers.

9. M.A.C.O.

M.A.C.O. Commodore Commodore

Felt appropriate to repost this video again.
    "The Evolution Of The Enterprise"
    [yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnqAbgaZIuI[/yt]

Enterprise-E section of the video begins at 10:07.

10. Mycroft Maxwell

Mycroft Maxwell Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I will restate this again....A 1913 battleship would NEVER even get close enough to the weakest of modern Destroyers. The gap in technology is even greater in the future. a 2258 starfleet vessel would never be a match for a 2373 starfleet vessel. Hell Im willing to bet that even an Akira class would take out the Vengence.

11. Elias Vaughn

Elias Vaughn Captain Captain

Three Danube class runabouts vs the Vengeance

12. Captain Rob

Captain Rob Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The Defiant's probably small enough to park itself in the empty gap in Vengeance's primary hull and just obliterate the bridge section at point blank range. Sounds like something Han Solo would do.

13. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

^Vengeance would just detach it's left testicle and pound Defiant into dust:p

14. JarodRussell

JarodRussell Vice Admiral Admiral

Would be fun if someone redid this with the Vengeance instead of the Klingon ship.

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-P6L5JGf24[/yt]

15. M.A.C.O.

M.A.C.O. Commodore Commodore

Eww the ships are flying so SLOOOOOOOOW.

Also there seems to be a problem of scale with the Klingon Birds of Prey and the Defiant. They're not the same size are they?

Lastly why does the big Negh'Var warship remain stationary while the Defiant is shooting at it?

16. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

The bird of prey has changed size so often I'm not sure there is any "wrong" size for it any more:lol:

17. Bad Thoughts

Bad Thoughts Vice Admiral Admiral

The Vengeance requires at least ten minutes to deploy its testicles.

18. Mycroft Maxwell

^ He has a point. It took like a whole minute to deploy those...big gun thingies...we never see fired. Also, as stated before by Captain Rob, the defiant could just park in the saucer with its guns pointed at the bridge firing and not having to worry about being fired upon. I mean if they tried, they'd likely hit their own hull trying to hit the defiant....I have a problem with a double exposed bridge. Same thing bothered me with the Excalibur from Crusade. ...Exposed bridges really has bothered me all my life with Star Trek.

19. R. Star

R. Star Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I liked the version in the Defector where the freaking wingspan was as big as a Romulan warbird and the E-D. ;)

20. Mycroft Maxwell

^ I know right? Valdore, eat your heart out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.