The Amazing Race - 10/5/08 - Live Commentary

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Turbo, Oct 5, 2008.

?

Who is your early favorite team?

1. Aja & Ty

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Andrew & Dan

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Anthony & Stephanie

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Kelly & Christie

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Ken & Tina

16.7%
  6. Marisa & Brooke

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Mark & Bill

44.4%
  8. Nick & Starr

61.1%
  9. Terence & Sarah

5.6%
  10. Toni & Dallas

38.9%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Brent

Brent Admiral Admiral

I think it is just fine, I'm not bored at all, this is how the amazing race is, and I like it, I don't want changes, they've already changed it enough from the first few seasons.

2. JAG

JAG Vice Admiral Admiral

I like it the way it is now as well.

3. firehawk12

firehawk12 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Honestly, the first few seasons were more interesting because there were fewer rules and more gaming. Booking the entire plane with your unlim:ited travel budget? Why not. :lol

4. Spot's Meow

Spot's Meow Vice Admiral Admiral

Well, they likely won't try anything too different after the family version, which wasn't very successful. But which, by the way, I loved even more than the original format and wish they would do again. Very few agree with me however, so it'll stick to its current format for a long while.

5. Brent

Brent Admiral Admiral

I agree, I think less rules made it more interesting, having to beg for money etc... though I understand why they had to change things like that, still, it was more interesting with less rules.

6. firehawk12

What would be nice is if they did a "pro" version where everything was open all the time. So if you get at a location at 3 am, you get to go and do the task and not have to wait until the morning when it opens and all the other teams catch up.
    Logistically, it would be insane and obviously Phil could only meet the race leaders, but at that point the race would be pretty exciting during every episode.

You know, as for the family edition... I must say the only reason why I like it is because they came to Toronto (and the university at that!).

7. TGTheodore

TGTheodore Writer Admiral

No, I LOVE the Equalizers. Especially when the lead team has been incredibly cocky and obnoxious and they realize all their scheming on the previous leg was now meaningless.

And they usually end up either sleeping in line on the street or trying to find a hotel nearby if they have the money.

It sends some players way over the edge.

--Ted

8. Canadave

Canadave Vice Admiral Admiral

I thought so too. That was a much simpler challenge than your standard "Find X amongst all the Ys" challenge, and they did a good job of working through it quickly.

Didn't really care about the team that got eliminated, and for now I'm cheering for Mark and Bill and against Terrence and Sarah. :lol:

9. firehawk12

Yah, except it does the thing where only the last few episodes matter, especially if you don't really find the teams interesting to watch.

10. Tulin

Tulin Vice Admiral Admiral

With the most wonderful man in the world!
    WE NEED MORE DALLAS!!!!!!!

:mad:

11. Brent

Brent Admiral Admiral

more Starr :p

12. Shintaek

Shintaek Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I'm starting to like Mark & Bill, Tina & Ken, and Toni & Dallas. Terrence & Sarah were hillarious as usual, this time it was mostly Terrence.

I like the format now, but wished that at least once in each episode (maybe for the Pit Stop) for clues/instructions to be riddles instead of "Go here to find your next clue".

NO! MORE SHIRTLESS DALLAS... AND NICK!!!!!!

13. firehawk12

Well, before they were just given a picture of a flag and told to go there. :lol:

14. Brian

Brian Vice Admiral Admiral

They need to do away with non-elimination legs.

15. Brent

Brent Admiral Admiral

Nah, I find those fun, especially back in the old days when they lost their money or bags. Plus, non-elim legs have saved many a team who have made it into the final 3.

16. Brian

Brian Vice Admiral Admiral

For me it just drags out the show and ruins the pace. And usually saves a team I want out of the game, lol.

17. marplanauta

marplanauta Commander Red Shirt

if you want to make it more interesting, take away their money, or just give them the essential

18. McCoy

McCoy Commodore Commodore

Taking away their money is what they used to do until very recently. And it was not interesting. What they do now i.e. they have to come in first on the next leg or face a 30 min. penalty, is better. As long as the leg design has bunching that gets them level with other teams and gives them a fighting chance.

19. marplanauta

marplanauta Commander Red Shirt

what i meant was not just for non eliminations.
    Make the whole race with a predefined and pretty scarce amount of money, so they will not be able to take taxis to go everywhere and they will not be able to sleep in hotels every once in a while

20. McCoy

McCoy Commodore Commodore

But isn't that what they do now? Give them just enough to get them through a leg? If they don't take taxis how else would they cover these distances (some of them pretty far)? Or are you saying they should go back to driving themselves everywhere? I do agree there are a lot more taxis in the show these days. There is certainly more drama when they do their own driving.